GW2 magic find buff

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

That ‘Call of the Mists’ buff for magic find is off.

I opened 10 champion boxes, and even the glided coffers…

Lemme tell ya something..

Not a single rare or exotic.

What a slap to the face GW2 gives me.
Takes away all 500,000 my glory.
Takes away my 500+ match win reward chests.
Have never gotten anything close to a precursor.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

You were warned to use those items/currency prior to the change.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

+100% MF applied to 1% chance of getting a Rare is still only 2%.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Magic find doesn’t work on champion boxes.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, yes and no. It DOES work on the stuff like “Legendary King Adelbern Loot Box” from the reward tracks, because those boxes are meant to simulate dropped loot from foes. it does NOT work on the actual Exotic (or lower tier) Champ bags or loot bags that come from those boxes.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Do you understand the meaning of RNG?
MF vs RNG…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I always saving up some boxed prior stacking MF.
I have a char with birthday buff, MF buff, buff food and oil, birthday gun and mf amulet and guild buffs (did I forget something?).
Then I complete the silverwaste meta for additional MF. Leaving me with over 600% MF for the reward track boxes.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Magic find doesn’t work on champion boxes.

Is that official?

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Wow. Your sample size is so big it must be a bug, right?

One – Piken Square

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

I was in spvp for about 2 hours yesterday. Got an ascended ring (cele stats) and an exotic shield. Thanks Call of the Mists!!

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Ummm. Ya know I’m not talking about PvE champ bags.
Told ya I did a whole reward track (saved up on those reward track potions and used them all).

Yes, the rule of large numbers makes my sample size bad, but serious??? Not a single kitten rare (those aren’t that hard to get), exotic I can understand its a lot more luck.

But friggin CHAMP boxes, and not a rare with that mf buff. And no I don’t have 1% mf normal I have 117%.

Again CHAMP kittening boxes and not a rare. I thought they did something where you open anything CHAMP you get a minimal a rare.

I’d rather have a 100% gold increase than the stupid 100% fake kitten magic find. 100% gold at least you can tell your not getting gipped and can EASILY tell if its working.

100% gold from PvP, BIG DEAL, theres other better farming spots for those crazy gold farming type people. BIG DEAL its only 1 time a day. Just ONE day that PvP is the thing to do.

Oh and don’t even mention that match win reward chests and glory was notified to me.
I LEFT well before that, and CAME BACK pretty much the week AFTER it was officially gone. Coincidence.

I should be reward for coming back. I should be warmly WELCOMED BACK.

Not bend over kitten, Its kittening time. Welcome Back kitten.

Somehow this reminds me of Rush Hour 2 or 3.
They goto Paris, and get welcomed by getting fingered up the kitten . Welcome to Paris kitten.

As far as my match win reward chests goes. They like tortured me with those. As in letting them remain in my bank. But I take out a stash because I like to tell people that I’M the BEST. And I logged off and logged back in and POOF that stash in my inventory VANISHED. had another stash in bank. Being smart person I am I know that the other stash will vanish if I take it out of bank, but I do it anyways to make a point on the forums. Took that stash out and showed everybody how my kitten goes gone gone.

Those developers laughed there kitten off, didn’t do kitten about it.
Just like my Permanent Finisher. I submitted a bug report about getting a Snowman Finisher but I already have that unlocked. They wont change it out for a Snow Globe. They just laughing there kitten off at me right. Pretty much like the 100% mf buff. They only did it so I don’t stack 250 on exotic hero chests, got me to use them and complete a reward track, and gave me nothing But JACK kitten. Not even 1 rare or exotic. They just like to laugh there kitten off at me.

Oh ya, I forgot to mention, they gave everyone a 50% mf start.
I didn’t get that kitten. I had to start at 1%.
Anet way of robbing you blind and not giving you kitten and making you have to work for everything while everyone else gets practically free stuff handed to them.

I come back.
“Hey uberkingkong, we took all your kitten, your 1 year worth of farming, and your 600 PvP games WON rewards chest, but that’s not all, you wont be getting free boost in mf like others, we want you to work on it the peasant way and start at 1%”

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Lol ^ First off champ boxes don’t give minimum rares…………..Secondly, you are misunderstanding the drop rate of rares. Rares have a 1% chance to drop as loot. Increase that by the 100% buff and you now have a 2% chance to drop one. You have 117% MF normally then your chance to get a rare was at 217% higher than the normal drop rate, which comes out to 3.17% chance for a rare out of the bags. You are complaining because you didn’t get anything from barely over a 3% chance? 3% dude….that is not very much chance at all. It is ALWAYS just luck, rares or exotics etc etc.

Maybe you assumed that you had a 117% chance +buff for another 100% and therefore you should be getting one every time? That is not how it works. Its the 217% greater chance than the original drop rate. Which still is not very much.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

rotten.9753

Is that official?

Izzy said on forums in the past that MF doesn’t work with containers, chests, etc. It does work though with loot bags in pvp. However, loot bags != champ bags.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

rotten.9753

Lol ^ First off champ boxes don’t give minimum rares…………..Secondly, you are misunderstanding the drop rate of rares. Rares have a 1% chance to drop as loot. Increase that by the 100% buff and you now have a 2% chance to drop one. You have 117% MF normally then your chance to get a rare was at 217% higher than the normal drop rate, which comes out to 3.17% chance for a rare out of the bags. You are complaining because you didn’t get anything from barely over a 3% chance? 3% dude….that is not very much chance at all. It is ALWAYS just luck, rares or exotics etc etc.

MF doesn’t work like that.

Everytime you kill a monster you roll on a number of tables, inside these tables are different rarity categories. Magic find increases the chances you will get higher categories. For example if there is a 1 in 10 category, and you have 200% magic find you will have 3/10 chances to get that category. This improves not just the rarity of the items you get but can also improve your chances at getting trophies and rare crafting materials like lodestones.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

GhOst.4019

That is exactly what I said. You linked and example of something I just stated. 200% of 1 is 3. It is a 1% chance to get a rare, aka the next category. If the table is 1-100 then you move to 3/100 = 3%. The drop rates are in categories but are displayed in percents; which means the tables are most likely 1-100. Pre’s are exotics, and therefore in your theory the same bracket; but they are not. They have a completely different drop rate which is categorized as a percent like everything else.

Either way we are not going to argue the exact science of drop rates and magic find because it is all theory by players. Nothing is confirmed by Anet one way or the other. But basically he had 217% higher the normal chance to get a rare one way or the other; no matter where the exact numbers actually lie. Where it sounds like he thought he had 217% chance to get one period, which means every time. Instead of 217% higher what the original chance is.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Also. As stated MF works on ALL boxes & bags that come from PvP reward tracks.

Magic Find is both an account bonus and a character attribute that increases the chance to receive higher-quality loot from slain foes. With a couple exceptions, it does not affect containers (including champion loot bags), chests, or any other source of loot.1 2 The exceptions are:

Containers received from structured PvP reward tracks.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

rotten.9753

That’s strange, since I believe champ bags received from pvp reward tracks stack with those got from pve. Meaning they are virtually identical and there should be no difference.

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

mad cause bad. I got several exotics

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Can some one confirm that Celebration boosters, food mf, bonfire mf, etc stack for pvp crates as well?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

See this thread got so many views,

Developers, people want there to be a way to grind gold via PvP.

Should make it extra not by 5 points, but by like 50 points per top player achievement.
Should also get 5 extra silver per top player achievement.

There should be ways to grind gold in PvP, you should make there ways to do that developers.

Like ACTUAL kittening tournaments. Not ESL crap, you gotta do too much paperwork for that crap. I hate kittening paper work. I want ways IN GAME to make money via PvP and tournaments is a way.

Winning consecutively by playing back to back and you only get like 15 min timer break inbetween games before your streak runs out and you restart, (not counting waiting in que).

Should stack from 15 silver to 30 silver to 60 silver to 1g and cap at 1g a win. Also stack that reward track progress. Like 15% 17% 20% 25%.

Maybe just give out kittening flat out a rare or exotic for daily CONSEQUETIVE wins. None of this “hey we don’t like your tone, hence we putting on you an imaginary -150% magic find on your kitten , good luck getting rares and exotics pal.”

Take out that guardian winner bullkitten and put in Play ranked and win consequetively 3 times. PUT in a HEFTY reward too (equivalent to daily triple trouble and tequatl).

Don’t gimme that its impossible.
Triple Trouble for PvE is kittening hard as kitten, I’d compare winning 3 times in a row like tequatl in PvE (need some structure to win), 5 times in a row like winning a Triple Trouble (even fully voiced, full maps entire map dedicated to the event, people will fail that kitten, not saying nerf it, but that’s how hard it is, and yes I’ve been apart of the TTS Triple Trouble squads before, I know how hard it is even for most structured squads.).

You PvP developers better know what Tequatl and Triple Trouble is too.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

GW2 magic find buff

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Can some one confirm that Celebration boosters, food mf, bonfire mf, etc stack for pvp crates as well?

It does stack as I stated above. You can just wiki magic find if you want Also, Celebration boosters & birthday boosters give you increased reward track progress.

Magic find is across the whole game, but doesn’t work on champ bags unless they come from PvP reward track.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros