GW2 needs new gamemode

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

It simply doesn’t work, you can’t keep supporting a balance philosophy based on Conquest. For 4 years I seen professions nerfed and build destroyed based on their ability to hold a small area.

In my opinion it doesn’t make sense to have such a balance approach when you have openfield mode in the same game.

Because of this Conquest mode, some professions are constantly targeted by nerfs and on the other side of the spectrum, we have profession that easily fly under the radar and end up enjoying a bigger build diversity in other gamemodes.

For a new game mode we need to move away from:

-Team focus fights
-Small areas of action
-Sustain wars/Hold Objective

The new game mode should promote:

-Capture the Flag type of gameplay
-1vs1 Skirmishes
-Multiple Splitting

And lastly but not less important, the new game mode must not penalize Stealth

My intentions are clear, we must make so that no profession is be able to fly under the radar when it comes to balance; some professions may happen to be strong in conquest..but then very weak n this new game mode that favour 1vs1 and high mobility.

I believe that having different gamemodes would give a clearer balance perspective and less opinionated diatribes.

Stronghold with its pve elements failed to deliver the alternative gamemode, our PvP scene so desperately needs

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

how about a 6 3-players-team making a 18 players annihilation (you get stomped, you stay on the floor, unless team mates slowly rub you back to live) battle royale ?

3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3

battle takes place in either 5 of the main racial home cities (all 5 race cities does not have underwater right?)

everyone spawns randomly, so your first objective is to regroup with your team mates or die trying.

maybe i should start a new topic for this.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Would be intresting what happens if we just drop from 5 to 4 players in conquest …
Not much development i guess but strong impact.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

A true deathmatch would be fun to have in unranked, but I wouldn’t want it in ranked mode. Because I feel that most of the time it would turn into 5v5 instead of multiple 1v1 or 1v2 fights around the field.

And no conquest doesn’t punish stealth it balances it. How the kitten is it fair to allow you to continue to cap/contest a point if no one can see you in order to attack you and try to get you off? A thief can easily stack more than enough stealth on themselves to completely cap a point without ever leaving stealth, and yes its poor play by the other team to not stand on the node and contest it, but at the same time its broken in your favor if you could do that

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Something like Huttball would be cool. Man, Huttball was fun.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Tweekin.1349

Tweekin.1349

Any time I try and get some buddies into GW2, they are always appalled by the fact that there 3 game modes, 2 of which have 1 map.

3 games modes. 2 with only 1 map. I love the pvp in this game but from an outsiders perspective, I can’t wrap my head around it.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

They could just make more arenas that have different objectives than simply capture and hold.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

A lot of what you’re asking for is already available to you in WvW.
If you’ve never tried it go out and give it a bash.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Any time I try and get some buddies into GW2, they are always appalled by the fact that there 3 game modes, 2 of which have 1 map.

I would say you are being overly generous to Courtyard there… that is not a game mode more of an outlier (if we take game mode to require to allow you to queue specifically for it we only have Conquest and Stronghold).

As for potential alternative game modes… original Spirit Watch was the closest thing to CTF that we have seen, I would have loved to see that turn into a proper game mode with some iteration and removal of capture points as they were.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I just want to see something similar to the old fort aspenwood mode from gw1. That was super fun pvp to do and I would love to see it’s return.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

how about a 6 3-players-team making a 18 players annihilation (you get stomped, you stay on the floor, unless team mates slowly rub you back to live) battle royale ?

3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3

battle takes place in either 5 of the main racial home cities (all 5 race cities does not have underwater right?)

everyone spawns randomly, so your first objective is to regroup with your team mates or die trying.

maybe i should start a new topic for this.

That sounds like chaos…

I like the sound of it.

NSPride <3

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Deathmatch & Capture the Flag are two PvP modes I’d love to see and play in. Warsong Gulch was my all-time fav WoW BG, always fast paced, always heart pounding, and even with 1 cap down you could make a heroic comeback. This was fun before people started farming for honor points btw.

Conquest can be fun, but to me Conquest is best played with 10-15 players, not just 5. When you have a 5 player conquest gamemode, you are pigeonholed into playing it a specific way. This limits build diversity and you hardly find any moves from any teams you haven’t seen before. Yes it rewards good teamwork & good rotation, but that’s just boring to watch, and boring to participate in when you’re pugging most of the time.

GW2 needs new gamemode

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yes it does especially considering how a full defense build can hold a full offense build while requiring less skill to do so. Since it’s a node holding game this skews the value of defensive builds. A mode like Voidstar would be good where you need to keep going through gates and to the center while stopping the opposing team from advancing while trying to do so yourself. This puts a higher value on mobility and can ignore the tank more often. How are you supposed to ignore a tank (who can 2v1 for at least half a minute if not longer) when the game requires you to capture and hold nodes? You could ignore him leading to a 5v4 on home and mid but you could have teammates who try engaging him. A problem arises here however since someone could lose a 2v2 at home leaving the other 2 to +2 mid when they should have won the 3v2.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)