GW2 pvp survey. Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: BonzerSkate.6275

BonzerSkate.6275

Only 18% agreed on releasing a working ladder? Imo having a way to see who is the best team/player in the game and seeing what kind skill players have to work for is the base of any competitive game. I mean, imagine watching the olympics or something. Would it be as fun to participate in or even watch if the teams weren’t competing for a “best in the world” spot, but doing it just for funsies? I know the game should be fun, but competition IS fun. At least it’s top three.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

rts are balanced for blablabla stuff.

i want myu whinger forum nau!

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

16 more answers for 1500!

Can we make it?

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I love the fact that for the first time this poll proves that THE biggest priority for people is class balance. This shows that those (elementalists usually) who claim class balance isnt a large reason behind a declining population are wrong. The balance might seem nice from an ele’s point of view, but for those of us without god mode yeh it feels lame alot of the time to be able to have fair and fun fights with every class and then just lose the game because eles on the other team manage to push your point all game whilst never dying. This is possible even for bad eles because the class is such a faceroll with such a tiny skill requirement to be good at.

Personally, I understand that features take time. But balance not getting anywhere is a different matter. Unless we see some changes to balance in the patch tomorrow then I will think long and hard about quitting this game as it will prove they really dont have a clue about the game or that pvp balance is secondary to pve balance (lol balance in player vs ai wtf?!?!?!?!).

I am glad this poll shows I am in the largest group of people with these thoughts. And hope that maybe anet will wake up and realise how important balance is to so many of us.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I am also happy to see that the majority of people seem to want some balance and feel that the Ele is simply overpowered. I’m not crying because I keep getting killed by Eles, I am one. Ele is the class I have the most experience with and yes, it is very unbalanced.

Of course it’s fun playing Ele, it’s like bringing a gun to a knife fight.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in PvP

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Only 18% agreed on releasing a working ladder? Imo having a way to see who is the best team/player in the game and seeing what kind skill players have to work for is the base of any competitive game. I mean, imagine watching the olympics or something. Would it be as fun to participate in or even watch if the teams weren’t competing for a “best in the world” spot, but doing it just for funsies? I know the game should be fun, but competition IS fun. At least it’s top three.

A working ladder and ranking system would be the #1 priority in a game that’s actually balanced and fun. The core gameplay in GW2 is so unbalanced and offensive to design that adding such a system would be like putting sprinkles on a kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Shranks.3260

Shranks.3260

Seeing the result i really feel like this isn’t showing the complete picture.

I think it would be actually good to have the same result splitted in between “players that do mostly hotjoins or SoloQ” and “players that play in a team on a regular basis”

and/or “players that are mostly new to the game” and “players that play spvp for a long time now”

I think in each divisions the picture would looks severly different.

As for:

Class Balance:
In my opinion class balance is different for beginners and enthusiasts. What looks extremely OP was the Warrior at first with his 100blades but when you figure out what he is doing – you know how to prevent the damage.

What I hear from the people I play with is a completely different picture with class balance for enthusiasts. Of course you hear quite a lot that Elementalists are still too strong, but you also hear quite often that Rangers are beeing in certain builds too strong as well.
You would also hear that Mesmers are still viable – but not at all too strong!

That’s give the impression that in hotjoins (that’s what I assume when I read most of the people are not in a team) Mesmer seem to be too strong because either the class is confusing people or the whole mechanic is unknown and therefore not “easy to read”.
Reading that 230 people think the Ranger is the weakest class really scares me – because buffing them would IMO lead to a problem for “enthuasiasts”.

This also give me the following impression:

Elementalist: too strong for most people (620) not as easy as other classes to pick up (57 weakest) – maybe due to attunement switching?

Engineer: 281 think it’s the weakest – it is either weak or very difficult to play well (but seeing that only 12 think it strongest – I guess you could settle for weak)

Guardian: (148 storng, 12 weak) – seems kind of balanced – maybe sometimes a little strong because maybe annoying (not easily killable)

Mesmer: (367 strong, 26 weak) – seems too strong in most parts

Necromancer: (216 weak, 23 strong) – semms to weak in most parts

Ranger: Too difficult for beginners, strong when played well (230 think weak, 59 think strong)

Thief: (195 strong, 60 weak) can be very powerful in a “one-shot matter” thats probably why you would vote strong – is extremely fragile and therefore probably not so easy to play well.

Warrior: (625 weak, 93 strong) seems to be extremely powerful when you don’t know what they are doing, once you know it they seem to be very weak.

That is what I (my personal opinion here) would read out of it.

Maybe balancing for some classes is making them stronger or weaker – but I think even same important is making some classes easier to play with – and others easier to read.

Feel free to disagree :-)

Traq – Accidently Famous [oops]
Engineer since BWE 1

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Pretty much everything said my swiss friend. A reason for these results could be, that A-Net has removed the casting-bar from Gw1. Where you could read all the skillz and see them with the animation, now it’s only the animation. And the animation you only learn through playing the class. And most ppl (mostly casuals) refuse to play every class.

Read It Backwards [BooN]