GW2016....still condi cheese bunker meta...

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

GW2 PvP……condi spam still rule the world from PvP to WvW passing through PvE….
Pointless to ask for nerfs or changes at this point..it will never happen I guess, it was fun for a couple of days to try power builds…now back to condi cleanse bots

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Yeah, I have to say im quite disappointed.
The necro nerf giving them a chance to come up with power builds? No they all just rebuild on bleed and still spam condi as much as possible.
Power scrapper sustain nerfed? Suddenly they all use condi scrapper builds instead of maybe trying to use some healing power.
Warrior buffed? Lets get back to a condi based shoutbow or better yet: condi berserker. If it doesnt apply confusion or burning, I wont even look at it.

Last two seasons I still consider bunker meta. But I guess this time we will actually see mostly condi builds.
Not only that, but people still want condi bursts instead of taking condi for what it should be: damage over time.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Reapers condi damage had been nerfed in this patch by a lot removing the chill damage (expecially for not top rank players), then there’s only the mesmer that had been buffed in condition damage, and some occasional revenants that play condi.
All the other classes play Direct damage and if they use condis they use immobilize, cripple, weakness, vulnerability or other no-damage conditions, or they inflict them but deal like 0 damage by that side.

3 classes over 9 that use conditions and only 2 can play it at best (not still shure about reapers, now they really need to convert boons to obtain a good damage, there’s no more space for pure condition build for them, they need to be corrupters. Then if you don’t use too many boons you’ll find them much more easy to kill now).

It’s still Direct Damage meta.

Or, to be more specific, Direct damage CC meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

OMG there is a bit damage diversity and people feel forced to play heavy condi defence.
Well i you play a cleanse bot and leve out a few direct daamge conters you will die to 2/3 of all oponents. Playing the other side you might go 50:50 so its your choice …

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

The necro nerf giving them a chance to come up with power builds? No they all just rebuild on bleed and still spam condi as much as possible.

When HoT launched the necro meta build was power based, but Anet nerfed it. Have they reverted any of the nerfs? No. How are we supposed to play power if it sucks even more than condi?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I don´t see that condi necro is nerfed to the ground…. It´s propably more psycological.
And to all condi haters. diverstiy means that power and condi is viable. This means you might die to one or the other when build for the oposite. Yea people dislike being killed by a wrong decision or build and not “Skill”. for me building and choosing how to fight is part of the skill. A game made for pure reflexes (+fast computers, internet) where at best all classes are perfecly balanced to be the same (no rock, paper, scissors), is totally doomed. Its player base will die out leaving only a few of the best addicted to the game.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I expect to have more chances going out of my door now and find a bag full of gold..rather than expect a gw2 player to admit condi dmg need changes

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I’ve love how you get feared, chilled, bled, burned, (whatever) to lose a bunch of health( or use up all your condi-clears/stun breakers) for the “audacity” of actually hitting your opponent.

Its time to move on.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Is the old story of all the people reporting Burn damage to kill them with 90k of damage.
And Burn at this time was seriously strong and a burn guardian was able to kill you faster than any actual condi build.
But, just think about that: why a direct damage class/build need to inflict you only 20-30k of damage to kill you when the faster condi build ever made had to inflict you 90k of damage to take you down? Is more than 3 times the damage.
That’s why even at that time condis needed more time to kill you, granting you more chances to heal, he healed and survive.

More or less the same is happening now. But with a necro that can’t kill you fast like a old burn guardian. More or less a necro actually need much more time to kill you with conditions.

Condition damage is dangerous? Yeh. It is. It’s a real problem, expecially in the hands of the only 3 classes that can kill you with it, and you also have to notice that they’re not pure condition classes why they use amulets and skills with both condi and direct damage.

“I’ve love how you get feared, chilled, bled, burned, (whatever) to lose a bunch of health( or use up all your condi-clears/stun breakers) for the “audacity” of actually hitting your opponent.
Its time to move on.”

What do you mean? Do you mean about that 1sFear every 60 seconds? Wow, a really OP rune…
Or chill every 30 sec with 25% chance when hit?
Or a second of burn by a useless rune why no one focus on burn? You have at last to pay attention if you fight a condi warrior that use a leap combo on a firefield to obtain fire aura, but out of that there’s only a bad rune that burn you when you hit him.

The amount of condis you can get by hit someone is barely useless, what are you talking about? Where’s them strong?

And even if you get a single stack of burn by hitting someone is only 250-300 damage, not so much amount of damage that can make you able to kill yourself just hitting someone.

There’s a insane fear of condition damage on the forum and in the game, but 70% of builds use direct damage. Then why everyone fear conditions if only few can use it?

And now it’s not even possible to make a real condi bunker.

Do you think that the mercenary is a bunker amulet? After years of Celestial?

Guys take a moment and think about how many condition damage you take during a fight and how many clases you see that use condition Damage.

There’s different classes that use Conditions, but only 3 that can use Condition Damage. Pay attention and look for the difference.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Well it’s expected to see a condi meta.

Anet did nerf all support bunker classes to the ground and everybody approved it.

The only viable bunker is ele with 13k health point. It’s impossible to survive condi burst with that low health point.

I remember the last condi META in 2013. Do you remember, what did happen?

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Then why don’t they use mender instead of cleric? If it’s all about condis they don’t need the toughness, right?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Then why don’t they use mender instead of cleric? If it’s all about condis they don’t need the toughness, right?

Because of mercenary amulet?

in PvP

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

You would think after 3 years, Arena Net would comprehend dmg focused condition dmg does not work in their game, since they have no clue on how to balance it out.

It’s pathetic to even try to put GW2 in a “esport” competitive light with the current mechanics in place.

But it looks like Arena Net rather listen to their Twitch.TV shrills who are absolute terrible when it comes to game mehanics.

Developers hanging out in their Arena Net sponsored twitch streams working on marketing rather listening to the majority who pay and play.

Most of Arena Net’s sponsored streamers don’t even play Guild wars 2, the regulars only seem to play a tiny aspect, such as someone who I wont name, who only roams and is very Bias and negative towards any other aspect of guild wars 2.

Other sponsored streamers out right bash guild wars 2.

Are these the people they get information from?? I hope not. I love guild wars 2.

Hellion

(edited by Lucifer.7289)

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

-Condition has always been far too easy to apply, reapply, and offers no immunity timer.
-The damage is horrendous and stackable
-There aren’t enough cleanses for some classes
-Condition needs ONE stat, ONE STAT to make it good.
-Power needs at least 3 making everyone super glass
-Spammable
-Aoe
-Eats through things like Endure Pain
-Completely disregards protection

So, I’ll say again, what exactly is NOT op or broken about conditions? Weve been through this condi meta for years, despite “nerfs” here we are, still being destroyed by simple application from range.

Where as I, a power Warrior, have to physically hit you through protection , blocks, dodges, blind, cripple, hard CC, soft cc, chill, etc

Where exactly do you not see the issue?

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

you forgot to talk about weakness, but whatever, people always forgot to mention it since it’s only able to get to a 75% dmg reduction from a weakned full glass ferocity based build…
and simply mechanical that is wrong and a lot of players and anet itself don’t get, is that using cleanser requires cast time (wich means a lost in offensive timing), requires build change, while power/crit builds are countered by passive toghness with no lose on cast times and no need to change any trait.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Good thing most of the meta last season was Power builds, otherwise you could have been right for once.

in PvP

Lucifer.7289

I would be all on board if condition dmg was a dmg over time play style and had equal counter play that power based builds have. As of now, condi application is insane, even if you build your character around condi cleanse, it just does not matter these days.

Condi play is very passive play style, I don’t think it has any place in our current “competitive” environment util Arena Net learns to balance by tweaking numbers.

Arena Net in my book needs to stop with the marketing BS and get on board on what makes games actually competitive. I’m not against MMOs having their place in a competitive environment.

But coming from a competitive foreign Brood war starcraft background and watching Esports evolve for today……..marketing will only get you so far. Your company needs to put the infrastructure in place to secure your game and give incentive to new blood to try and compete.

Giving your 1 NA team and 1 EU team a paycheck is not going to grow your game.

Hellion

(edited by Lucifer.7289)

in PvP

Furajir.3815

Good thing most of the meta last season was Power builds, otherwise you could have been right for once.

Yet those same “power users” are the same meta classes in the condition circumstances, Mesmer, necro, etc.

Interesting….

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

So, I’ll say again, what exactly is NOT op or broken about conditions?

Many condi builds are weaker than plenty of power builds. This fact alone disproves all arguments about condis generally being superior to power dmg.

in PvP

Lucifer.7289

Many condi builds are weaker than plenty of power builds. This fact alone disproves all arguments about condis generally being superior to power dmg.

Yeah I think you need to re evaluate your knowledge on current gw2 mechanics. Since Heart of thorns condi has been superior to power under 1 circumstance, if one is able to sustain damage for long periods of time, than condition dmg is not very effective, aka old scrapper an “insert any ez mode sustain build”.

We need balance between condi and power play styles, something arena net has failed over and over to do.

Hellion

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

2 out of 9 classes had a viable condi build last season. For most classes power was better than condi, right? So please tell me about all those op condibuilds i have never heard about or seen myself that must be arround somewhere, if your claim is true.

If you want a balance (50:50), condi has to be buffed actually.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

How do you define weaker? Conditions bypass toughness. Conditions can stack duration and outlast protection. If I power burst you while you have protection you take 33% less damage for lets say 4 seconds. After protection runs out I can burst you for full damage. If I stack multiple conditions on you for 10 seconds I can walk away from you and after your protection expires you will take 6 seconds of full condition damage. My point is I can condition damage you and not even be there, I can be heading to the other side of the map. How do you define weaker?

in PvP

Furajir.3815

Yes, because trying to eat through protection while being weakened is super fun =)

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Yes, because trying to eat through protection while being weakened is super fun =)

LOL….spoken like a true Warrior. We’ll have our day at some point.

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

the condition mimimi is real
Conditions arent affected by toughness but by vitality
You can fully negate them with resistance boon or condi cleanse
Or just dodge/block/whatever just like with power attacks
There is no Condition spam, there is a general spam. Power is spammed on the same level, or even harder
Last season 2 out of 9 classes were using a condition build, but overpowered yet nerfed necro let it feel like a condition meta because of his aoe
Many players are kittened off of conditions, because they dont want to convert their build and use condi cleanse
Its a general problem, that many players want a power meta and use power builds without condi cleanse and then later cry everywhere, because they get rekt by condi builds..just accept that conditions are part of the game and not op, like you try to call them
Also the current protection boon spam by Auramancer ele is affecting power builds alot, things like this are the real problem..

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Condition is a wrong way of gw2. It make everyone need to focus on clean skill. That will make the skill and build fix in a dead pool. Anyway, The weakness and protection is out of control now. That is why ppls don’t choose power damage.

in PvP

displacedTitan.6897

How do you define weaker? Conditions bypass toughness. Conditions can stack duration and outlast protection. If I power burst you while you have protection you take 33% less damage for lets say 4 seconds. After protection runs out I can burst you for full damage. If I stack multiple conditions on you for 10 seconds I can walk away from you and after your protection expires you will take 6 seconds of full condition damage. My point is I can condition damage you and not even be there, I can be heading to the other side of the map. How do you define weaker?

Sure and by that logic, if you cleanse the conditions you take 0% damage from them. Sounds like power is better since 66% is higher than 0%.

I can make nonsensical arguments too!

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

Condition is a wrong way of gw2. It make everyone need to focus on clean skill. That will make the skill and build fix in a dead pool. Anyway, The weakness and protection is out of control now. That is why ppls don’t choose power damage.

Or will raise support builds…oh already happened in like every meta lol

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

How do you define weaker? […]

Weaker = less usefull in a pvp match.

There can be different reasons. Less dmg because their condi application isn’t high enough. Less survability because they have to give up defensive traits or skills for reasonable dmg. Less cc, less mobility, …, depends on the specific class/build of course. This doesn’t apply to all classes, but to many.

The point is, you can balance conditions by balancing skills and traits that apply condis, you don’t have to nerf condis in general, if some specific condi builds are op.

If power skills are op, people cry “nerf trueshot” or “nerf gunflame” for example, never “nerf power dmg”. But most of those who complain about condis, doesn’t even know how about which skills and traits they are talking. But how can you demand changes for something you don’t even understand?

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

There can be different reasons. Less dmg because their condi application isn’t high enough. Less survability because they have to give up defensive traits or skills for reasonable dmg. Less cc, less mobility, …, depends on the specific class/build of course. This doesn’t apply to all classes, but to many.

The point is, you can balance conditions by balancing skills and traits that apply condis, you don’t have to nerf condis in general, if some specific condi builds are op.

If power skills are op, people cry “nerf trueshot” or “nerf gunflame” for example, never “nerf power dmg”. But most of those who complain about condis, doesn’t even know how about which skills and traits they are talking. But how can you demand changes for something you don’t even understand?

i only understand one thing: i played both condi and power builds, condi is much more easy to play, since you don’t have to put that much attention on your skill, cuz you are not gonna burst, you are gonna accumulate the skills spam till the thicks become higher and higher, so in fact you can totaly focus on watching opponent and dodge his crucial skills, in fact you can focus more on survivability because ITS NOT ABOUT ONE SINGLE CONDI SKILL, THE PROBLEM STARTS WHIT COMBOS AND WHEN ALL SKILLS KEEP LOADING CONDIS AND THE THICK GOES HIGHER AS A BURST POWER SKILL.
So thats why we cant ask for a single skill like gunflame or true shot, is the spamming that really is too much rewarded when playing condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Nope it was 2 Power 2 Condi 1 Support with the Rev, Scrapper, Ele, Mesmer, Necro.

Scrapper was more of a bruiser than a typical power class due to the inherit tankiness of the class, and they used paladin’s which just a soldier amulet on steroids.

Rev has more sustain than any class going glass should have, but it’s the expac class. That means we’ve got a minimum of a year until Anet actually balances the class as it should be balanced.

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

Condi skills have cooldowns just like power skills. You can’t spam them more often than power skills.

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Sure and by that logic, if you cleanse the conditions you take 0% damage from them. Sounds like power is better since 66% is higher than 0%.

Well Mr.Nonsensical, it doesn’t change my point if you are waiting for condi cleanse to come off cool down. Now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Well Mr.Nonsensical, it doesn’t change my point if you are waiting for condi cleanse to come off cool down. Now what?

Hint: You’re not supposed to be able to cleanse every condi you receive, it’s the equivalent of complaining you don’t have enough aegis to block every attack.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Hint: You’re not supposed to be able to cleanse every condi you receive, it’s the equivalent of complaining you don’t have enough aegis to block every attack.

Gee wiz really? Funny but I don’t recall that having anything to do with my question. 90% of the people on these threads get totally of the question at hand and “think” they are offering some kind of deep insight.

(edited by drcraig.9403)

in PvP

displacedTitan.6897

Gee wiz really? Funny but I don’t recall that having anything to do with my question. 90% of the people on these threads get totally of the question at hand and “think” they are offering some kind of deep insight.

Sure, just like you think asking “What if you have your skills on cool down?” is a real question.

You can ask that about ANYTHING. That is one of the dumbest questions imaginable, its like “dies to removal” in Magic. Its regressive and proves nothing.

What if my dodges are gone when someone uses Eviscerate!?! Eviscerate must be OP!

in PvP

Lucifer.7289

What constructive feedback are you giving with that response? Let me hear your ideas flow….

Hellion

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

i played this game pretty competitively until last october. came back, and i simply have no idea where any of the damage is coming from. everyone is just mashing buttons and radiating aoe condis.

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Condi skills have cooldowns just like power skills. You can’t spam them more often than power skills.

You have heard of stacking condition duration, right? Did you know that there are certain traits / abilities that make it possible for your duration to be longer than you cool down?

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

So what? Total dmg of the skills stays the same and is often lower than the dmg of skills from a power build, and even if the total dmg of a condi skill is high, it usually takes quite a while to deal the full dmg.

in PvP

Lucifer.7289

Plz Anet lets use logic, you know what balance game play is…. I would knowing that you are colleague of god developers like Rob Pardo…..I listened to your employees brag about how they are good at competitive games……………really do you think the current state of gw2 is competitive? Please I believe you can produce better……..instead of going crazy talk about toning things down on a small scale when it comes to balance.

Not this all or nothing balance mentality your developers seem to have.

Hellion

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

Cleanses can be a reason.

Btw, did you miss my answer?

in PvP

Posted by: Barosmare.2196

Barosmare.2196

-Condition has always been far too easy to apply, reapply, and offers no immunity timer.
-The damage is horrendous and stackable
-There aren’t enough cleanses for some classes
-Condition needs ONE stat, ONE STAT to make it good.
-Power needs at least 3 making everyone super glass
-Spammable
-Aoe
-Eats through things like Endure Pain
-Completely disregards protection

So, I’ll say again, what exactly is NOT op or broken about conditions? Weve been through this condi meta for years, despite “nerfs” here we are, still being destroyed by simple application from range.

Where as I, a power Warrior, have to physically hit you through protection , blocks, dodges, blind, cripple, hard CC, soft cc, chill, etc

Where exactly do you not see the issue?

It’s amazing how blind the devs are to this.
Conditions are the CANCER of this game tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

People can argue that condition builds are broken as much as they want (usually its the same few people making all of these threads), but as long as they are exclusive to 2 or 3 classes, then it isn’t a condi meta. It may seem like it in solo just because mesmer is broken right now, but then again so is power rev, which is just as abundant from my experience so far.

Plenty of classes have good condi builds, but mostly choose power instead (rev, druid, thief, and guardian) because their power build simply works better. I would include warrior, ele, and engi on those classes that prefer power, but I have seen a mix of condi/power warriors and engi’s since the patch, and the meta ele build does so little damage in general that its not worth talking about.

Ridiculous sustain is not limited to condi builds, as we saw last season with scrapper (which is now nerfed), Rev, and Druid.

Don’t get me wrong, burning should be changed back to stacking in duration instead of intensity,merc amulet should be removed or toned down, and chill did do too much, but other than that, poison, torment, bleed, and confusion are fine.

Nerfing those other conditions would just nerf necro even more, which is certainly not needed now, since we don’t have anything else to use (even our heavily nerfed condi build is better than our outclassed and slow power build).

I like video games

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Conditions should have only ever been damage that was icing on the cake, the condition stat should be removed and condition dmg should be based on power. Weapons focused on condition dmg should be tweaked to mainly be power oriented. Too much work for anet though I would think.

If this was true skills like pre diamond skin nwrf would have never been meta and more builds would become viable

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

It’s the same old issues with condi builds being able to be bunkier than power builds and somehow still deal more damage than power builds. Not to mention it’s far easier to stack condis than it is to land an effective physical attack string.

There in is the imbalance.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

^ not a single truth there.

Power Rev, Scrapper, Druid, Tempest. None of them are condi and yet they’re really really bunkery, as bunkery (or more) than something like a Reaper.

You do not deal more damage with a condi build than a power one. I consistently do MORE overall damage on a power rev than on my Reaper. Also, with my Reaper, at least 30% – 40% is actually power damage.

Far easier to stack condis than landing a physical attack? They’re literally the same. You use skills upon target x and deal damage. Landing both is exactly the same, except one is instant and the other takes time. You also HAVE to be able to stack conditions so your damage is significant. A single bleed sucks.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in PvP

drcraig.9403

What constructive feedback are you giving with that response? Let me hear your ideas flow….

None at all to be honest. A person decided to make a point that in the proper context would be a good point. However it wasn’t at all relevant to the conversation at hand. My idea is simple. Before you jump into a conversation, perhaps take the time to understand the conversation. People on these forums come up with the right answer to the wrong question all the time. Constructive feedback should be a goal for everybody and I agree with you. My point is if it isn’t relevant , it isn’t constructive.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Nerf sustain and, power reduction, and condition removal. Then decrease the power creep. Otherwis, the game is balance right now for the Good players.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game