GW2PVPTV is under new management and growing!

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Hello forum denizens! For those of you who haven’t noticed the immensely popular community stream GW2PVPTV has taken a bit of a downturn recently. This is mainly because Scar, the old manager and creator of the channel, has been too busy IRL to manage it. So with help from Grouch and other community members I’m working on bringing about a return of everyone’s favorite channel!

A bit about the stream: GW2PVPTV was created with the goal of having the first 24 hour community stream that gave viewers a chance to watch top players PvP. It launched to great success but a lot of the players lost interest in streaming on the channel. It pretty much ended up being my own channel along with CmC who pulled epic 16 hour gaming sessions on it.

So our newest idea to keep the streamers interested in entertaining you is to collect gold from viewers and dish out “paychecks” to those who stream based on their shared percentage of stream time. This is to help alleviate the problem of people streaming on their own channel instead of the community channel. In addition, once things get a bit more settled, I’m hoping to start doing giveaways and special events to keep the community engaged.

If you want to help keep the stream up and running then please donate gold to Ostricheggs.3742. All gold that you donate will go towards “paying” the streamers for their time and effort.

If you’re interested in streaming please send me a message on the forums! We’re going to vet the prospective streamers now. All prospective streamers must have streamed previously and have a few VoDs for me to view. Twitch is preferred. This is to prevent any headaches with setting up streams. We reserve the right to refuse any prospective streamers :P

Remember, everyone has worked to set this up to entertain YOU! Please stay tuned and follow the stream and support it in any way you can!

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2pvptv

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Keep up the good work, hope things work out.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: JTan.1687

JTan.1687

Kudos TO OE! Donate Guys!

Super Mang Jose,Naomi j,Chzerie,Despicable Me
Champion Genius, Legionnaire, Paragon, Hunter, Illusionist,Phantom,Magus.
Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

OE for president.

Put ur cam on and you’ll get a lot of donations OE.

in PvP

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Wasup OE, Ninesevensix here, good luck with that and i’ll hop you some gold whenever i can, perhaps try stream myself at some point ~_~

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Looking forward to seeing even more streamers on the channel! Already a great group of streamers on the channel – playing solo queue, team queue, and even WvW. I even stream there occasionally myself.

Thanks for the update, Ostrich.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

just a dumb question. is it not possible to stream for 2 channels? so gw2pvptv and personal?

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

just a dumb question. is it not possible to stream for 2 channels? so gw2pvptv and personal?

Yes. You can’t stream for two channels at once as far as I know, but it’s possible to stream for gw2pvptv and then switch to your own personal channel at any moment.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Posted by: jefferson.8317

jefferson.8317

He’s trying to promote the game. The stream is great. Please donate.

Edit: apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Jasx

(edited by jefferson.8317)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

would be nice to have a grid (in the the forum / a blog / website) were we could see at what time, who is streaming and what.

Just a suggestion.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

He’s trying to promote the game. The stream is great. Please donate.

cant. no money, cause i play pvp i can donate some ranktokens or slivers or orbs or powder.

Yes. You can’t stream for two channels at once as far as I know, but it’s possible to stream for gw2pvptv and then switch to your own personal channel at any moment.

maybe u should check if its possible. as far as i understand a lot of the streamers want stream into theyr personal channel too. so if it would be possible it would offer a better perspective or?

in PvP

Posted by: Venus In Furs.9756

Venus In Furs.9756

Great to see efforts being made to keep this channel alive. Perhaps more shoutcasting can also be arranged? Blu did a fantastic job last night.

Venus – #666 Necromancer NA

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Good job reviving the channel, guys. Also, it now comes with 100% more Five Gauge!

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Good to hear OEggs, would like to have the channel succeed.

One thing I think (my opinion) will help is keep a good variety(PvP, WvW, etc), a solid example being blu shoutcasting.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

I MISTAKEN YOUR THREAD’S TITLE AND I THOUGH ANET CHANGED PVP PROGRAMMERS.
oh you….

my fault..

gg no re

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Great idea! I’ll send my raven by with some gold..

… No O eggs… He won’t attack you…

… Probably…

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Im really glad to hear this..Theres a reason streamers dont stream anymore and that reason still exist.
I wish you good luck but how can you find new streamers, how can you grow this channel when ppl are leaving?
Caed left recently and what tells you that even if you find 5 more streamers wont leave in the next week and youll have to find another 5?

Thank tho cause i still watch this channel and its good that someone is still trying

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Im really glad to hear this..Theres a reason streamers dont stream anymore and that reason still exist.
I wish you good luck but how can you find new streamers, how can you grow this channel when ppl are leaving?
Caed left recently and what tells you that even if you find 5 more streamers wont leave in the next week and youll have to find another 5?

Thank tho cause i still watch this channel and its good that someone is still trying

As long as there are people watching I’ll try my best to have people streaming.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Good to hear OEggs, would like to have the channel succeed.

One thing I think (my opinion) will help is keep a good variety(PvP, WvW, etc), a solid example being blu shoutcasting.

I’m trying to get a few WvW players as well to mix things up a bit. Simply put WvW is a far more popular game mode than PvP is at the moment. Even though it’s not simply about viewer count it’s still a nice change of pace and a good way to fill in some gaps in our streaming roster.

The way I see it is that it’ll help PvP in the long run if we can get WvWers to actually get interested in tournaments and whatnot. PvP gets a bad rep from the WvW community. Once they see that there’s actually more opportunity to get in fights and crazy plays in PvP than in WvW they’ll come to the mists to check it out.

I’m still a bit concerned with how much WvW would be TOO much and we’d love to hear your opinions about it

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

The wvwer’s won’t come to pvp. Wvw is way more unbalanced. Nothing like ganking a down lvl or a zergling.

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Don’t fall for this people. You will only be funding OE’s mystic toilet gambling addiction.

J/k, kinda, best of luck with the stream!

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Great idea! I don’t generally watch game streams but have hopped in to GW2PvPTV once or twice and it seems like good stuff.

This could really take off after PvPers actually get gold, too…

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

I will look into it and see if I have the ability to stream.
~Magic Toker

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

I wish anet payed them at least with gold gosh youre the future of e-sports 24/7 hommie

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

oeggs is the true based god

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

I say boycott ostri if you see him play a character without an Afro!

other than that, lets support GW2PvPTV!

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I want to see spirit ranger stream.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Jin here I’m streaming as often as I can on EU and NA for team q’s on both!

Plz support the stream as much as possible guys!

Its a great method btw in teaching/learning about pvp if your looking for help/questions look no further!

Engi ftw.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Its a great method btw in teaching/learning about pvp if your looking for help/questions look no further!

This is good enough to quote. If you’re a new player looking for an experienced player’s advice or opinions then this is a great place to go and hang out! Our streamers are encouraged to read and answer questions in chat

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

I love this stream! I actually looked into streaming myself too as I am a SoloQ-addict; I have yet to tweak some options, but I am afraid my PC won’t be able to handle it

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

I wish this channel had 360p option already, I can’t watch high res streams -.-
Stupid twitch.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

how did WvW kill trading bag farmers get a hold of the stream key?

No idea, but that 20vs20 that is being streamed right now is horrible.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Nerien.5412

Nerien.5412

So, has the channel died?

marnick.4305: “Just because you went down last
doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the group
it means the enemies considered you a low priority.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

if you guys love the game, just stream and dont ask for payment. im not against asking gold for donation, i just dont see why i would give someneone gold just to watch them play? anyways kudos to those who play and stream pvp even without incentive. you sir and mam are the best.

ps. i would stream my gameplay also if i dont think pvp players would rather play than watch someone play

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Un-stickied. Wonder why…

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Not suprised at all, how can a pvp channel stay alive when the pvp community is almost all gone ? or what is left are casuals….

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

i would be up for participating i think it’s a great community project!

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Not suprised at all, how can a pvp channel stay alive when the pvp community is almost all gone ? or what is left are casuals….

A number of people—myself included—have mentioned numerous times that we would stream again when Skyhammer is removed from solo queue. Over 79% of the community hates the map and is for removal.

At this point, its just ANet management hurting themselves by not listening to the majority of the community.

(edited by Acandis.3250)

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Anet announced their bi-weekly-dev based sPvP show today; I imagine this has something to do with it being "unstickied". They probably want their show to be the go-to channel as it makes sense to be! I’m sure they still plan to back this chann and support any other community efforts out there as well.