GWLeague Scrim Finder

GWLeague Scrim Finder

in PvP

Posted by: Stumpzy.8527

Stumpzy.8527

Help rid the forums of those ‘Looking For Scrim’ threads by using the new GWLeague Scrim Finder v1.0!

Want to spectate or even cast a specific scrim? Now you know who to contact, when it’s starting, and where it’s happening. Want to take it a step further? Add the scrim to your personal Google Calendar where you can set reminders and keep track of the outcome.

We definitely want to hear your thoughts on how we can turn this tool into a great tool for the community…So leave them!

Help put GW2 sPvP on the map!
Register your guild for 8 weeks of pure competition:
http://gwleague.com

GWLeague Scrim Finder

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Sweet! You should post this in the events section too. I know some people were in there trying to coordinate scrims as well.

GWLeague Scrim Finder

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

Well done!! I was waiting for something that can be synched with Google Calendar!!
There should be a calendar for “important” tournaments too but on Google Calendar, not on facebook >.>

GWLeague Scrim Finder

in PvP

Posted by: Stumpzy.8527

Stumpzy.8527

Thanks

Oni, it seems the guys at /r/gw2esports put together this google calendar that should help you out.

Help put GW2 sPvP on the map!
Register your guild for 8 weeks of pure competition:
http://gwleague.com

GWLeague Scrim Finder

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Hate to be the naysayer but, theres just not that much hype in pvp right now to get people to not play the game for a couple of hours to watch some people play in a tournament.

The pvp department isn’t hyping the pvp to the pve and wvw that good. In GW1 you’d get a message saying such and such won the halls of heroes yada yada yada, I’m very surprised GW2 doesn’t do this. Pretty much a let down to say nonetheless.

If they added rewards like ascended rings, 50 laurels, 10 guild commodations, 5000 gems, 1000gold something to incite the pve’er or wvw’er to participate in them, then you’d have a crowd to watch the videos because people want to know whose going to win it.

Right now its pretty much same teams duking it out week after week, its pretty boring nonetheless. Although the playerbase community offers such rewards, its not being properly advertised. The pvp community is small, you need to advertise to pve and wvw and get there attention to pvp.

I don’t want to see team sleepy fight sotg again, and again, I want to see some wvw rednecks and pve farmers come to pvp just to woop team sleepy and sotg and call them newbs in a big tournament collect there 1000gold and go back to pve and wvw.

The nice thing about pvp is that those good players from wvw and pve can come to pvp ANYTIME and participate in tournaments.

But that list is empty, theres been a little too much tournaments in last few weeks if you ask me, and I only watched a little bit of one of them because I’d rather play the game then watch a tournament. Perhaps if the tournament was big enough where I was in it, I’d have more incentive to watch it and see how the team that beat mine or the team im about to go up against is doing. Also I don’t even know most of these people in game, so why would I watch people that I don’t even know, they aren’t amazing good or anything, they just got a good team, I solo que so I don’t even give a kitten about premades duking it out especially when I don’t even know any of them and I’ve played 300 games as a premade was between 300-80% while playing with teams. If they had real tournament system where I would actually face these so called good for nothings then I would respectfully watch them in player made/ spectated tournaments, but since you have this fake kitten tournament where your always playing against people around your skill level, you just never see the top players. Sure they may have made it so you keep doing 2 team tournament and you gotta keep winning to see the good players, but what is better is a 8 team or bigger tournament where your set with 2 weak teams facing each other, 2 better than weak teams facing each other, 2 weaker than best teams facing each other and 2 strong teams facing each other, next the weak face the better than weak and the stong faces the weaker than strong than final game is the winner of those two, that way the weak teams have a chance to see the best teams. But the current system you’ll never see them in tournament play because its all leaderboard play, there is no tournament, its just a lie. Also people not on leaderboards shouldn’t be winning tournaments, they should win a few games in the tournament but the whole tournament shouldn’t be won. And you cant do that in 2 team tournaments because 2 teams ISNT a tournament. hence why tournament rewards are out of hand and why items are being salvaged because people have over abundance of tournament chests because they are winning them since its so easy to win them due to just having to face 1 team of equal value rather than going through a real tournament and really winning the tournament rewards.

But so far all these player made/ spectated tournaments have been small as kitten…. Theres a million of us here and we just got these small as kitten tournaments, are you serious???

If they had a /tournament emote and rank you on tournament wins (not this fake kitten anytime 2 team tournament I’m talking about promoted and real tournaments) there would be an incentive for pvp players to be apart of them.

This game is in serious need of real weekly or monthly tournaments. And its taking too kitten long for the developers to come up with this, hence why its going to be noted in history as failure esports game, just like swtor is noted as all voice and most expensive mmorpg failure.

Video games are like restaurants, if they are good people will continue to come, if they are disappointment people wont come back and it will take an arm and a leg of advertising to get them to come back because they found another restaurant that meets there needs or in our case another MMORPG to meet there needs. And Guild Wars 2 sure hasn’t lived up to our expectations of esports. It was a huge letdown to say nonetheless and like everyone says “first impression is everything”

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)