Game Crashes Problem after the patch

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

This has been happening after the new patch, but I was mostly playing in Bloodstone Fen and WvW so I dont care that the game crashed, …until few days ago when the PvP season started.

It is terribly hard to get a good team going for me and then today I got a good team, winning the game, killing the DH with my Tempest and I was smiling inside, so happy, if this go on, I could play couple of games a day and get the super bling bling wings finally, and then CRASHED….so now I have 10 minutes of dishonor time to write this plea to you, please fix the crashes. lost 1 pip…. ….. come on, why would I log out of the game when my game is winning., dishonored and lost 1 pip. ….

PLEASE FIX THE CRASHES. Thank you

Edit
and then the games follow this super good match game that crashed are all down the drain….. for goodness sake. fix the problem.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

(edited by SweetPotato.7456)

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

What’s the top of your crash report look like? It starts with something like:

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: index < m_count
    File: p:\code\gw2\game\content\CnUtil.h(99)
Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

I keep crashing in PvP games (2). Fix this garbage so I can rank queue.
Thanks
-Sam

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

—> Crash <—

I cannot find this file location. Where can I find the crash files to submit?
What is happening to me is in matches, the game will just freeze up. I can walk around, but all the skills go in que instead of activating and all players just keep walking in their original directions. Almost feels like someone is pulling out the ethernet cable.

Close gw2, reopen and rejoin the match. But of course all players will rally and it takes like 30 seconds.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

—> Crash <—

What is happening to me is in matches, the game will just freeze up. I can walk around, but all the skills go in que instead of activating and all players just keep walking in their original directions. Almost feels like someone is pulling out the ethernet cable.

Close gw2, reopen and rejoin the match. But of course all players will rally and it takes like 30 seconds.

Lucky you… I’m having crashes on map loading screen in PvP (after the patch, didnt happen in previous seasons).

Have to restart my laptop everytime and it takes more than 2 mins to get back to the game. If I try to just shut the game and open again immediately it starts to repair file archives…. But it doesn’t try to repair them if I restart pc. Error report says it can’t find some files…

Today played 10+ games without any problem, then poof! Stuck on Foefire loading screen and quick restart! Got back to game in 2 min 20 sec and we won that game. Because I don’t let buggy game to get me depressed! Atleast got 1.5 hour break from the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I also crashed today during a match. Luckily we still won, but it was still very annoying.

There was no crash report, I just got the message that my game client disconnected from the servers or something along those lines. No internet problems on my end. Had to alt+F4 to restart my client.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

—> Crash <—

Woops, that path isn’t the location of the crash report, that’s just what the text from a crash report looks like. When you client crashes, a window pops up where you can type in notes and send the report to ArenaNet. Under the box is a bunch of text that helps me find out which specific crash you’re having.

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

—> Crash <—

Woops, that path isn’t the location of the crash report, that’s just what the text from a crash report looks like. When you client crashes, a window pops up where you can type in notes and send the report to ArenaNet. Under the box is a bunch of text that helps me find out which specific crash you’re having.

Sometimes however the crash does not even pop this window up and give the “send crash report option”. It has happened to me on a number of occasions since this last patch. I have not played any pvp today so the last time it happened was probably yesterday a couple of times. Note it’s not only pvp for me it can be anywhere at anytime. Map loading, trying to access the bank are 2 of the causes that I can think of off the top of my head. But it can also happen just when you are running along somewhere, for example in the middle of a pvp match or running to the next event you can see on any given map.

Note my computer is only about 5-6 months old and I am running windows 8. Before this computer I was running windows seven and hadn’t had any crashes within the last 2-3 years. The last time before that I would constantly crash but I found out that was due to bad ram which I fixed, but ignore all that lol. Point being this is either newly introduced from updates patches/or possibly windows 8 (new computer) related?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in PvP

Posted by: Noctu.5710

Noctu.5710

Getting a lot of crashes after the most recent patch aswell. It started with a “never play on patchday” but didn’t end. And since i’m getting crashes while playing PvP i hope you’re not expecting anyone to actually read the crash report… Unless he wants to get that sweet “Desertion” 8^)

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

If you don’t get the crash report window, you can get it from the Guild Wars 2 log.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

The file is a text document named ArenaNet. Open it and search for the line Evan is asking for. Like this one:

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.x) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.y) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.z)
    File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\GrBound.cpp(94)
Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

You mean these?

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.x) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.y) || (m_sphereRadius + TOLERANCE >= m_boxExtent.z)
    File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\GrBound.cpp(94)
    App: Gw2-64.exe
    Pid: 7180
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 000000013F8E0000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 65462
    When: 2016-08-13T07:38:12Z 2016-08-13T03:38:12-04:00
    Uptime: 0 days 3:18:22
    Flags: 0
    —————————————————————————————————————————
K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

We have top people on those! Fix incoming.