New Map & DeathMatch.

Doesn’t get anymore simpler then that.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Game Mode - DeathMatch (PLEASE).

in PvP

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

Why does EVERYONE want Deathmatch as a Game type??

Deathmatch adds NOTHING worthwhile to PvP that isn’t already in the Domination Game type.

Seriously, people already play the game like it’s TDM in Hotjoins anyway so what’s the kittening point?

Deathmatch hardly even relies on team play at all. All you do is kill or die. There’s no other objectives.

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Deathmatch adds NOTHING worthwhile to PvP that isn’t already in the Domination Game type.

Seriously, people already play the game like it’s TDM in Hotjoins anyway so what’s the kittening point?

Deathmatch hardly even relies on team play at all. All you do is kill or die. There’s no other objectives.

Honestly go cry about your hotjoin stories somewhere else.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Because it’s simpler to watch.
Because your main role will be to kill people, rather than stall with bunkers.
Because you will not see abominations like decap engi.
Because in Domination, if you take more than 30-40s to kill somebody who controls a node you have “lost”, even if you kill him at the end.
Because in an actual 5v5, AI reliant builds would be less powerful than what they are now.

Should I continue?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Sol.4310

Because in Domination, if you take more than 30-40s to kill somebody who controls a node you have “lost”, even if you kill him at the end.
Because in an actual 5v5, AI reliant builds would be less powerful than what they are now.

Should I continue?

Condition builds don’t work as effective, burst comps far more effective.

BRINGS A DIFFERENT META…..

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Should I continue?

Condition builds don’t work as effective, burst comps far more effective.

BRINGS A DIFFERENT META…..

Meh, I still think that in a 5v5 (and maybe up to 8v8 but I’m unsure of this) condition classes would still be nice (especially Engi and Necro).
But surely, things like Spirit Ranger, Condi Warrior, PU Mesmer (even if they are not effective in high ranked matches they are still a PITA to fight) would be completely unviable.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: Not deathmatch…. team deathmatch. That adds a lot of strategy

in PvP

Sol.4310

Well I’ve done heaps of 5v5 DM, some rounds would last as long as 15mins before someone went down some lasted 2 mins.

Allot of you basing your fact’s of not even trying it. I’ve been there done it and know it works. Biggest thing I learn’t is bunker’s and conditions aren’t any where as effective in 5v5 its all about team play and burst, calling spikes and getting them or nothing goes down.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Lord.4270

Lord.4270

In fact ……… pvp like gw1

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I really want 2v2’s and 3v3’s Death matches. I don’t care about the possible exploits, a well polished Arena Match would be so fun to experience the innovative combos and tactics people would create! Not to mention very fun to watch. (My opinion)

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

#Wildstar → Launch with 2v2 and 3v3, all skill shots. Enter the arena. O.O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

Objective pvp doesn’t work in MMO’s for competitive play because of the sheer amount of skills and complexity of combat, we learnt that in WoW, but i guess Aanet weren’t listening. Thankfully Wildstar and ff14 have both gone with a typical mmo small scall DM mode.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in PvP

Posted by: leungctm.1362

leungctm.1362

would really like to see death match in GW2 pvp. dont need to change much, just program a 2v2 match in forest at beach or something. Fight at the beach and cut everything else off. There you go anet , just do that and we will be all so happy.

Top 50 NA Tpvp Guardian (Rizzylard)
Best Mercenary Guardian you can find to fill your last slot.
Keep Calm and PVP Hard.