Game Update Notes - January 28, 2013

in PvP

Posted by: Meri Kasam.1456

Meri Kasam.1456

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013/first#post1307769

So much for those balance changes some of you were hoping for, Also am I the only one that thinks 3 tickets is way too high for 1 match.

in PvP

Posted by: Immo.9217

Immo.9217

Yea foefire change is nice and update to daily/monthly will bring more pve players I guess otherwise idk

in PvP

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

Wait a second…I thought this was supposed to be a balance patch? All I see is a few bug fixes.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

This is a pretty big disappointment, pretty much like every patch since this game has come out.

These Dev’s obviously have no kittening clue what they are doing, I don’t know how they convinced people otherwise during the hiring process.

in PvP

Meri Kasam.1456

I dont think they ever said the january patch will be about balancing, it was just a certain few people that were spreading rumors and had wishful thinking. January patch was just about one thing and one thing only 1 team vs 1 team paids.

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

Seriously? This is an AMAZING patch for sPvP. They actually fixed real issues instead of screwing around with “balancing.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Lol they effectively nerfed the warrior.

Vapor Form: This skill will no longer allow players to rally off of kills that grant zero experience. This skill will now also properly restore death state on completion.

Does this mean they no longer regen health by vapor forming>

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I expect every patch to be a “balance” patch.

If there is something that is grossly overpowered, fix it asap.

Ideally buffing and nerfing should be free of “politics” as in…when you nerf one, make sure to nerf the others equally.

in PvP

Posted by: Nuoper.7503

Nuoper.7503

A crazy patch

in PvP

Meri Kasam.1456

I expect every patch to be a “balance” patch.

If there is something that is grossly overpowered, fix it asap.

Ideally buffing and nerfing should be free of “politics” as in…when you nerf one, make sure to nerf the others equally.

Although I wasnt expecting huge balance changes, I did however thought they would tone down the ele slightly…. i guess arenenet just showed everyone where pvp is in their priority list. that patch was huge 95% PvE content 5% pvp with minimal bug fixes or changes.

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

aoe nerfs are coming in february and they will shake up the game in a BIG way. pretty much everything will change. just relax.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

this was never supposed to be a balance patch.

I just don’t agree with the tickets part. I mean, we had to pay 5 to enter the possibility of 3 matches and now we pay 3 for just 1? Silly silly…

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Guys stop qq’ing, we now know in which team we play:

«Skillbars now have team-colored backgrounds in sPvP.»

Idk how you played w/o this awesome feature! And don’t forget that we now have to pay 2x more tickets then before the patch for 3 matches. Seems pretty nice, ya?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I just don’t agree with the tickets part. I mean, we had to pay 5 to enter the possibility of 3 matches and now we pay 3 for just 1? Silly silly…

Every patch should be a balance patch.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Just shows how ridiculous they are. When everyone says either slash or get rid of tickets they actually make the cost higher for time invested. SO dam stupid.

in PvP

luxen.8376

Every patch should be a balance patch.

You only had 1 balance patch since the game release, what makes you think every patch is going to be a balance patch? Just wait till they actually say “balance patch” before getting any hopes up next time.

in PvP

Meri Kasam.1456

I am going to assume the reward will be similar to a silver paid chest for winning, if the entry cost will be 3 tickets per person.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

They said this would be mostly bug fix patch and balance adjustments come in febuary. so no suprise there.

however I REALLY wish they made the cost of paid tournies 2 tickets instead of 3. That makes a huge difference in the farming tickets and honestly, comon 3 tickets for 1 round. when used to pay 5 tickets for up to 3 rounds.

in PvP

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

how big is this kittening patch? WASTE OF MY BANDWITH

Kanto

in PvP

Meri Kasam.1456

the ticket prices wont affect most competitive teams from queuing but, if you were hoping that these 1 team vs 1 team matches were going to pop 24/7 …. i guess this puts that to rest now, since new players wont be so inclined to regularly queue for these matches when ticket price are expensive for them.

in PvP

luxen.8376

350mb with 5,500 files left

in PvP

Seether.7285

You only had 1 balance patch since the game release, what makes you think every patch is going to be a balance patch? Just wait till they actually say “balance patch” before getting any hopes up next time.

And the 1 balance patch was pretty much a joke and didn’t really create any new viable builds. There is no reason to get any hopes up for any patch from ArenaNet at this point. They are just going to under deliver and then give PR speak about how great changes are actually on the way.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

And the 1 balance patch was pretty much a joke and didn’t really create any new viable builds. There is no reason to get any hopes up for any patch from ArenaNet at this point. They are just going to under deliver and then give PR speak about how great changes are actually on the way.

Pretty much.

in PvP

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

am i downloading gw3?

Kanto

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

This wasn’t supposed to a balance patch. Calm your kittens.

in PvP

Meri Kasam.1456

can i delete PvE from my files and only download the PvP changes, that way the patch will only be about 50kb…

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

aoe nerfs are coming in february and they will shake up the game in a BIG way. pretty much everything will change. just relax.

be serious, everyone said that about the november update, Anet let us down,
then everyone said that this update would be the holy grail and again, they let us down, by now it should be clear that they dont give a flying shoe about pvp.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

can i delete PvE from my files and only download the PvP changes, that way the patch will only be about 50kb…

And thats in all patches combined…

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Sataarcoeny, you happy with your wonder balance update? ^^

What a troll patch. Nothing, literally nothing of vital importance to pvp has been done for this update. In the meantime, there are couple of quality changes for PvE.

I’m disappointed.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: itzrealize.5821

itzrealize.5821

i think this is goin to be a good thing couple bug fixes and now 1v1 shut up about the tickets its really not that big of a deal you all are just looking for something to complain about, now new players have an incentive to que for matches and not just be scared there going to get the best team and get destroyed

in PvP

Seether.7285

This wasn’t supposed to a balance patch. Calm your kittens.

Yeah, we can only expect balance patches once every 3 months. That’s the model that most competitive games looking to achieve E-Sport status use, right?

This patch is a joke and the community should receive it as a joke. Regardless of whether the Devs downplayed what was going into the patch, the fact of the matter is the Devs have done pretty much jack and kitten since the game came out. Look at any other game with E-Sport aspirations and you will see the ArenaNet devs looking like they work at the DMV with the speed at which they do things.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

People in MMO’s never yet cease to amaze me at their qq. They CLEARLY STATED that this update was minor and brought small changes to pvp/WvW. As far as balance as you are qq about. This game is more balanced then most games yet you guys qq constantly. There are maybe a couple things that need to be fixed but its not even that bad. As far as the meta, nothing is forcing you not to play w/e you wanted. Stop qqing plz.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Seether.7285

People in MMO’s never yet cease to amaze me at their qq. They CLEARLY STATED that this update was minor and brought small changes to pvp/WvW. As far as balance as you are qq about. This game is more balanced then most games yet you guys qq constantly. There are maybe a couple things that need to be fixed but its not even that bad. As far as the meta, nothing is forcing you not to play w/e you wanted. Stop qqing plz.

The type of thought provoking and intelligent post one would expect from someone with the name “lilz” proceeding their name. lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

R.I.P GW2 pvp. I guess all the hopes went down the toilet after this dissapointment…

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

be serious, everyone said that about the november update, Anet let us down,
then everyone said that this update would be the holy grail and again, they let us down, by now it should be clear that they dont give a flying shoe about pvp.

everybody didnt say that. Anet specifcally said the january patch was going to be a minor patch the big spvp changes are coming in febuary.
If , after the feb patch , things are still terrible for , then let the panic ensue.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

The type of thought provoking and intelligent post one would expect from someone with the name “lilz” proceeding their name. lol.

You are clearly putting yourself out there as ignorant with that kind of statement. I am a very intelligent person yet you wish to insult me based on my gamertag. That’s fine with me. People like you who continue to qq without trying to become good at the game or learning to play/theory craft are the ones who will be gone. That is perfectly fine with me.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

wtf is this kitten anet? I’m at 4%, 550MB, is this a 20gb patch? kitten outta here

i stopped the download , was at 230Mb and just kept on the 1%
looks like something went wrong ( 20GB for a patch doesn’t seem wright:D)
will try again tomorrow , maybe it will be better then( and hopefully not 20GB )

in PvP

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

Why are people complaining about the ticket entry price?

You paid 5 tickets for 3 rounds, correct. But you were never guaranteed to get to the final, you could be paying 5 tickets for one round, or 2 rounds. Now you’re paying 3 tickets for a guaranteed shot at the “final” – Which will reward you with more tickets/gems if you win, no?

Edit: Never mind, just saw the other posts complaining about the rewards for winning – I should never assume xD

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

(edited by Towren.1745)

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

I’m am officially done waiting for anything pvp wise in this game. With this patch they have had more then enough time to address the glaring issues. I had hope
High hopes but looks like this really was meant to be a pve game

in PvP

Posted by: AsinoWins.3260

AsinoWins.3260

3 tickets for 1 match = 0.33 matches/ticket
5 tickets for 1.75 matches = 0.35 matches/ticket

Djon Snow
Djon Arah
Djon Ferro

(edited by AsinoWins.3260)

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

given Anet’s stated approach of “small incremental changes” for achieving balance, one would think that those increments would fall a little closer together (say monthly patches?) rather than the quarterly or semi-annual as we seem to be nearing.

Facts is facts though. PvP don’t make no money, so PvP don’t gets no love.

Want better patches? Spend mo’ in da sto’!!!

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

given Anet’s stated approach of “small incremental changes” for achieving balance, one would think that those increments would fall a little closer together (say monthly patches?) rather than the quarterly or semi-annual as we seem to be nearing.

Well, people would actually spend more in the sto’ if there was anything to buy from there, pvp related (aside from tickets). I mean, for a game based on cosmetic grind, we haven’t see one single pvp skin in the store, in the past five months…

in PvP

Posted by: gab.7645

gab.7645

Well, people would actually spend more in the sto’ if there was anything to buy from there, pvp related (aside from tickets). I mean, for a game based on cosmetic grind, we haven’t see one single pvp skin in the store, in the past five months…

And speaking of cosmetic rewards, now pve players can just use the pve skins for pvp anyway.

All weapon and armor skins now have the option to be converted to PvP skins. When activating a skin you will be given the choice to either apply the skin to a PvE item or convert the skin to a PvP-only item. Either action will consume the skin. This change applies to all unused weapon and armor skins in the game, regardless of when the skin was first released.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Preachin’ to Choir, Yo!

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Ill be playing tera online (goes f2p this month, but I played at launch) for now on. Best part about that is no pet spam, 100b like abilities, and no stealth. Ill come back and check out the update in February though. Plus elder scrolls online and soul and blade come out in a few months. Anet was very smart going b2p, they already got their money

(edited by Raijinn.9065)

in PvP

Posted by: Xplosiv.1503

Xplosiv.1503

The patch has it’s upsides and downsides for me. Upside – engineer finally feel somewhat content, they got some buffs, and may gotten viable now in pvp ( still waiting for gw3 to finish download – 700mb and 20% lol ), as it appears turret builds may be viable now( dunno yet, still need testing), on the downside, eles got buffed instead of nerfed ==> biggest “lol” of this patch, enjoy bunker teams pwning in tournaments with hopes for the next patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

i am flabbergasted. i dont care if this was supposed to be a balance patch or not they utterly failed to deliver any kind of update to pvp meta/balance which is not only one of the simpler things to adjust but has also been talked about and asked about for months.

This is pretty much a slap in the face. We know they think bunkering and aoe are too strong, we know warriors are too weak, we know that thief burst is a little out of hand and their other weapon options are lacking, we know that engineers need help…

EVERY patch should be a balance patch (at least a little bit here and there) until perfect balance is achieved. Since PERFECT BALANCE is never really achievable that means EVERY patch should be a balance patch.

how long do u expect the PvP community to just “hang on” and sit on our hands until this glorious pvp patch is released “soon”?

You are killing your game

(edited by Rump Buffalo.2594)

in PvP

Posted by: Chi Malady.2015

Chi Malady.2015

What did you guys expect? This is PvE Wars 2 after all.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

This was kind of lame. The only thing they came out with was the 1 match thing for Temple of the Silent Storm. And 3 tickets, seriously? They didn’t even lower the amount of tickets for paids, but they goes without saying this replaced paids.

Guess I will be taking another one month break again, and see what happens in March, hopefully something to look forward to.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Fault.8735

Fault.8735

fix bugs first then balance u cant balance bugged abilities, its about time they did somethign with the mesmer portal description since beta