Game Update Notes - July 7, 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Not a single ‘balance fix’…

Edit:
While I can understand that ‘bug fixes’ are more important for Anet than ‘balance changes’, I’ve to admit that current state of game combined with silence from Dev Team is unbearable.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

haha what a joke patch. its soon safe to quit the game…

(edited by Covis.6037)

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

" Many would rather believe a Lie because the Truth require Change "
Tony Gaskins

No change to stealth, mobility, instant kill, condition, burst, risk-reward…
Same problem 3 years ago, same problems now.

Suggestion:

" The First Time Someone Show You Who They Are, Believe Them "
Maya Angelou

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

so what did you expect ? I expected some black lion stuff and balancing of npc’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

You shouldnt want updates. Updates mean they remove features.

Remove maps
Remove leaderboards
Remove solo queue
Remove in-game tournaments

Remove remove remove.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

They admit to issues with the game like burning dealing too much damage, yet they don’t fix it. But they were okay with buffing classes that didn’t need a buff. I guess the newb necros must have REALLY been crying hard in the forums to change that consume conditions effect from 10 stacks of vuln to 5, I mean it only lasted 5 seconds and kitten they are stupid levels of sustain now, not like it really hurt them in the first place.

Instead of balance maintenance, they’re so proud of their current trash that WvW gets Golem Rush!

Omg such wow, many golem, very stupid – just like Anet. Color me not surprised that this patch was a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

At least some classes go bug fixes, Warrior didn’t even get those :/

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This has to be partial…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

Just to make you guys feel worse, I doubt there will be any kind of balance update til after WTS now. There is no way they’ll change anything 2 weeks before because WTS is so important and by important, I mean an embarrasing joke that should of never happened.

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

in PvP

Posted by: Kabikaz.8637

Kabikaz.8637

This has to be partial…

I hope so to.
Nothing on mes— we have bugs too, everyone’s just to busy being mad about things to notice the “broken” things.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

They admit to issues with the game like burning dealing too much damage, yet they don’t fix it. But they were okay with buffing classes that didn’t need a buff. I guess the newb necros must have REALLY been crying hard in the forums to change that consume conditions effect from 10 stacks of vuln to 5, I mean it only lasted 5 seconds and kitten they are stupid levels of sustain now, not like it really hurt them in the first place.

Instead of balance maintenance, they’re so proud of their current trash that WvW gets Golem Rush!

Omg such wow, many golem, very stupid – just like Anet. Color me not surprised that this patch was a joke.

There there now. Im sorry you were traumatized by necros

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Evenna.2519

Evenna.2519

I don’t understand, Chill was the least of everyone s concern. Why change the max cap on it? Why give Chilling darkness an ICD? Where did the post go that complained about how OP Chill was? Cause I havent seen it.

Are they just looking to nerf reaper prior to it coming out? So odd that a specialization gets nerf before its release…

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

None of the ranger bug fixes actually fixed anything other then taunt.

HS still doesnt heal the pet hahhaha

in PvP

Collero.7963

I don’t understand, Chill was the least of everyone s concern. Why change the max cap on it? Why give Chilling darkness an ICD? Where did the post go that complained about how OP Chill was? Cause I havent seen it.

Are they just looking to nerf reaper prior to it coming out? So odd that a specialization gets nerf before its release…

That’s how ANet like to do it.

It’s like all the threads on wanting a ‘Premades vs. Solos’ arena. Remember? No – Me niether.

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Everything makes sense now

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Everything makes sense now

The loss-loss situation is coming back.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Chrisco, you’re right, at least some things did get fixed. But it seemed mostly on the lines of what was so ridiculously broken they absolutely had to fix it such as symbols and grenade issues.

I wonder how many more weeks (months, realistically) we get to put up with the rest of the garbage from this patch? I guess 4 weeks later we’ll see some more minor class changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

“Adjusted the health of NPCs in the Forest of Niflhel and Legacy of the Foefire.”:
Anybody knows how were they adjusted? were they lowers ofr increased?

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Guys, give them time. They fixed a bunch of bugs. They need to fix the bugs first before attempting to balance. Trying to balance the game before bugfix is hard and futile.

Give them another month to work on it. In the mean time, instead of complaining, you can read this:
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Just to make you guys feel worse, I doubt there will be any kind of balance update til after WTS now. There is no way they’ll change anything 2 weeks before because WTS is so important and by important, I mean an embarrasing joke that should of never happened.

It is hard to be supportive of WTS in light of everything else that has happened. Beginning of December 2014: Removal of Leaderboards (ok testing grindboard w/e), removal of Solo Queue, forced to queue inside Heart of the Mist, and first WTS tournament final in Beijing. That tournament for me coincides with the ruin of PvP.

Now we’re going into our 3rd WTS in this broken system, and haven’t seen any real increase in popularity for PvP, or in twitch viewership (which I think is resulting at least somewhat from the December changes). It is putting the cart way before the horse, or putting the kid on stage at the talent show and he forgot to wear clothes.

Anyway, I hope your prediction of balance delay is wrong, but I have learned well to be disappointed after over 10 years as a Guild Wars player.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Collero.7963

It is hard to be supportive of WTS in light of everything else that has happened. Beginning of December 2014: Removal of Leaderboards (ok testing grindboard w/e), removal of Solo Queue, forced to queue inside Heart of the Mist, and first WTS tournament final in Beijing. That tournament for me coincides with the ruin of PvP.

Now we’re going into our 3rd WTS in this broken system, and haven’t seen any real increase in popularity for PvP, or in twitch viewership (which I think is resulting at least somewhat from the December changes). It is putting the cart way before the horse, or putting the kid on stage at the talent show and he forgot to wear clothes.

Anyway, I hope your prediction of balance delay is wrong, but I have learned well to be disappointed after over 10 years as a Guild Wars player.

I couldn’t of said it any better. Hopefully, the WTS in August will be the last one for a couple of years.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Guys, give them time. They fixed a bunch of bugs. They need to fix the bugs first before attempting to balance. Trying to balance the game before bugfix is hard and futile.

Give them another month to work on it. In the mean time, instead of complaining, you can read this:

LOL, how come they didn’t fix the exploitative bug from Mesmer then? (blinding go through invulnerable/evade, no ICD compare to Ele’s blinding ash?)
Favoritism much?

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

LOL, how come they didn’t fix the exploitative bug from Mesmer then? (blinding go through invulnerable/evade)
Favoritism much?

Seeing the everlasting state of PU, you’re not far from the truth.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

I am honestly confused at what you —- people are complaining about. We just got bug fixes for major game breaking abilities that affected gameplay (grenadier, guardian symbols), the patch has been out for two weeks? There’s no need to make a balance pass before the meta has even had time to settle due to bug issues etc. I’m still experimenting with builds, coming up with solid ones with Necromancer, Mesmer, and Ranger, moving towards Engineer and Guardian next. Seriously, calm your tatas people.

Edit: Also, after looking at the patch notes, there were actually quite a few balance changes. One of which being the npc’s being brought up to compensate for overall increase in damage.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

(edited by alemfi.5107)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Is the balance team on vacation or something?

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

We have a balance team?

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I think they are in the caf with the dungeon team

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The december patch killed this game. Remove leaderboards (only form of pvp progression) and forced to queue inside hotm = dead game. Also making us sit at our pc to press a ready button was stupid.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Is the balance team on vacation or something?

For the Ranger yes.

JQ Druid

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Balance team is playin mesmers rampagers and thieves. Makin’ their party time longer in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

At least some classes go bug fixes, Warrior didn’t even get those :/

Mesmers weren’t even named~

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

They have had 3 years to fix… literally anything… and they still havent…

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

The december patch killed this game. Remove leaderboards (only form of pvp progression) and forced to queue inside hotm = dead game. Also making us sit at our pc to press a ready button was stupid.

Doing literally anything else aside from waiting in hotm for the que as opposed to Not sitting in hotm while waiting for ques was considered too hardcore and not casual enough.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube