[Game Valance] The thief

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I just fought a thief and every second or so he kept evading evading, evading and breaking out of the stunts:

• Head but
  • Bull’s charge
  • Shield bash
  • Skull crack

Not to mention blocks and a kitten ton of blinds.
And if that is not enough it could do a kitten ton of damage with critical hits in the range of 2k-3k.

What has this game become? Unbelievable!

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Play a thief and do the same.

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Bronze is serious business

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

First of all, to fight a Thief as a Warrior you need to rely on what you listed but you can’t use those skills until the Thief is almost at the end of his Evade frame otherwise you WILL miss, just a bit of timing and practice will get you there.

Secondly, 2-3k crits is not a lot of damage in comparison to the Meta Warrior build or even just a Power Nec build….

Thirdly, if you ever have trouble against any class or build, I advise rolling that class and build and learning to use it somewhat effectively so you can see for yourself the builds weaknesses and then exploit that knowledge in future fights against those classes/builds. (chances are while you’re learning the class you want to counter, other players already know how to and will counter you easily but you can learn from that)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

A thief can play with warri easily,pro thief vs pro warri theres no reason the thief should lose once.

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Really? so that is the solution, to play a thief? So everyone just grab a thief because it is the 1 button kill.

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Really? so that is the solution, to play a thief? So everyone just grab a thief because it is the 1 button kill.

He’s saying that the thief was better than you because you’d lose the same fight, as a thief, versus a warrior.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

No, because assuming you actually do take his advice and play a thief, you’ll very soon find out that thief is not easy to play. You were the one who in fact got outplayed, especially in a winning match up.

I am a teef
:)

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

I just fought a thief and every second or so he kept evading evading, evading and breaking out of the stunts:

• Head but
  • Bull’s charge
  • Shield bash
  • Skull crack

Not to mention blocks and a kitten ton of blinds.
And if that is not enough it could do a kitten ton of damage with critical hits in the range of 2k-3k.

What has this game become? Unbelievable!

Truly unbelievable!

Warrior clearly needs 3 more stuns. Make it stun on autoattack for proper balance!
And if you think crits of 2-3k damage is a lot, go ask light armor classes how much damage they take from thieves. Or even better, ask your fellow warriors how much they hit on thieves. Puts the things in perpective.

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

A thief can play with warri easily,pro thief vs pro warri theres no reason the thief should lose once.

agree +1

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

A classic case of “git gud”, the Warrior vs. Thief matchup will be in the favour of a good Thief for sure. There are however several ways for the warrior to win, as soon as the Thief messes up once. If you can land one well timed stun, they’re done for, provided you set up your follow-up burst right.
Like others said: Play Thief for a while, get used to it’s mechanics so you know how to work with them as well as against them.
At the very least, go duel with a friend who plays Thief and briefly recap what went wrong/right after every fight.
Thieves are far from OP if you play your cards right.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Me against thief,
Bait dodge with bull rush, bait strunbreak with headbut, zerk with tount , burst with 7k and 10k hits .. dead thief. And have some paitence and wait till your adrenalien is up and during this time he should have useded up some evades.
And sometimes i just 100 blade if hes jumping around me…. As warrior you should be able to stand some hits be it due to stances or rousing resilience (if you use that).

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: A I I A S.8209

A I I A S.8209

1 button kill…… lol I have no comment.. Btw, its Balance not Valance.

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

if you play condi warrior & you’re not absolutely incompetent (ie you can land stuns) the matchup is actually easy.

also complaining about 2k-3k crit when arc divider can hit for over 6k in AOE….

as a warrior main, got to say L2P.
from your blind complaint im guessing you’re standing in black powder. don’t.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

As a thief. . .

Stun+ big burst=dead thief

Just gotta time those evades.

[Game Valance] The thief

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

As a thief. . .

Stun+ big burst=dead thief

Just gotta time those evades.

As someone who has bought good Thieves, stunning is nearly impossible and if you somehow succeed, they break it quickly with their super short CD stunbreak block. Good Thieves know when you can stun and are ready to escape if you succeed at hitting them.