Game balance still as bad as pre patch

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So I had the chance to test the game balance a bit now and must say its still as terrible as pre patch. Do we have to wait another 3+ months now for the next balance attempt? Or will you get your act together and try to improve the balance biweekly in future to get the balance in check before we turn 100 years old.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Outside of condition spamming, which has actually gotten worse, I think balancing was overall improved, imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Only thing I seen good out of this balance patch is that Ele’s are more viable now. From what I have noticed, many people have already given up with the patch and have left again.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

The only thing bad about it is kittening balth engis and mm/decap not being hit hard enough.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

The only thing bad about it is kittening balth engis and mm/decap not being hit hard enough.

I like how one thread claims MM necro is now useless and another states its overpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Balance is improved, except for conditions getting worse with the Balthazaar runes

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: PeepMeDown.5017

PeepMeDown.5017

I prefer the balance post patch. I see a lot more variation in team comps. Although guardian/thieves/warriors are still king. Its nice seeing mesmer and ele back.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

The general balance is good in my opinion, better than pre-patch. So far, the only imbalance would be on that engineer build( not sure i won a game having 0 engi and opponent having 2, or even did we get more than 250 pts)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

hmm lets see
- still too much of everything
- warriors still insanely good at everything
- decap engineer still works
- no nerf to asura size advantage
- easy builds still often better than high skill builds

list goes on and on

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Actually no, if you’re a Mesmer your stuff is hotfixed within a matter of hours [they fixed a bug where power block became viable]. If you mean warriors and stuff, yeah that’s obviously a case where we’ll be waiting nearly a year for 8%

#itfeelsright

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

There are still too many bugs around to fairly kitten balance. Many Sigils don’t work, Mesmer damage is crazy high and that’s just what I got from a few games.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I like how one thread claims MM necro is now useless and another states its overpowered.

You have to look at the level of play.
In soloque MM is overpowered because one most soloque’ers apparently have no clue how to “take” target. MM imo should be targeted over others mainly because removing them from the fight will help clear up the screen clutter. In short MM is OP in soloque because all the new soloquer’s don’t know hot to fight it.

In high end tPvP MM is useless because in a team fight it will get focused first. In this case they are usually left to back bunker and your team can pretty much ignore them and focus the other points.

So it depends on the context. But one thing is for sure. MM is by far one of the most annoying and frustrating specs to play against in this game.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Actually no, if you’re a Mesmer your stuff is hotfixed within a matter of hours [they fixed a bug where power block became viable]. If you mean warriors and stuff, yeah that’s obviously a case where we’ll be waiting nearly a year for 8%

#itfeelsright

You have to be crazy to think 10 second block on an auto attack from an interrupt on a chaos field is balanced.