Game messages infront of Boons/Skills in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

- When someone seize a point, a game message appear, but, infront of the ‘boon/skill line’ of the enemy player, which is the thing I look at 24/7, because I am a PvP’er. (the line where stability, regen, etc. is)

- Is it possible to change the design? Make it smaller/Change the position? Make the player able to change the interface so it’s not infront of the line.

- This is a serious issue, and a bad game design.

- Seeking serious attention.

Last. This might be a problem for people playing with low graphics like me. However, that shouldn’t be a disadvantage.

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

What resolution are you running the game at?

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

That is so funny, I have the same situation based on my screen resolution. It is so annoying to be watching for stability or other boons only for them to be covered up by sPvP Messages. I was thinking the other day, “Why they hell is this blocking the target boon/condi bar?”…Game changing? Not for me, I’ve been ok with it since it only lasts for a few seconds. Annoying? Yes totally.

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

(edited by Billionaire.5607)

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Happens at 1360×768 for me.

(Might i suggest you guys buy a cheap half kitten AMD PC with lowest specs needed to run gw2 and play around with settings a bit, there are some magical UI things happening at times when asking for max preformance ^^)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I think this goes along with a larger issue, lack of ability to move around the ui. It would be nice to actually be able to move parts of the ui around freely instead of either one or two options or no options in most cases.

Is there a reason this hasn’t been implemented?

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

just move your UI around!…oh wait.
(btw anet why do we still not have that?)

in PvP

Posted by: Odik.4587

Odik.4587

Happens at 1360×768 for me.

(Might i suggest you guys buy a cheap half kitten AMD PC with lowest specs needed to run gw2 and play around with settings a bit, there are some magical UI things happening at times when asking for max preformance ^^)

yes i have same resolution on my laptop and this resolution is recommended but … long time ago this even havnt happened… after one update this begun and i coudnt desribe my problem , random numbers on boons or huge msges on 1/2 of screen for one second (wall of text lol)
i would like to know solution of this problem

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Some of our UI doesn’t gracefully handle the smallest resolution heights. Unfortunately this means the only thing players can do is up their resolution.

The real fix is to move some of those things around.

(edited by Evan Lesh.3295)

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I get this problem a lot – I’m running in a window that’s usually about 1205×935, judging by new and past screenshots (height ranges from ~925-940, but as far as I’m aware I’ve always had this issue no matter what height the window is). Desktop resolution is 1280×1024.

For below, tl;dr: why are we not allowed to resize or reposition the majority of the stuff on our screen?

I still don’t understand why the interface isn’t more customisable – it’d a feature that could allow users to solve all problems like these, wouldn’t need to be explained to people who don’t need to use it, and that many players got used to playing with in gw1.
We get to swap party info/chatbox on the left side (with concise (and uninformative) or cluttered (but with non-boon effects) options for party info – outside of sPvP – and minor resizing of the chat box available).
On the right… it’s just map at top, map at bottom, resize map.
Oh, and ‘interface size’, which affects all items on screen and can mess up the trading post’s appearance. Can’t forget that!

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I think this goes along with a larger issue, lack of ability to move around the ui. It would be nice to actually be able to move parts of the ui around freely instead of either one or two options or no options in most cases.

Amen! Please make the UI elements movable and resizable! Another one of those things I miss a lot from GW1, where we had it from day 1 – can’t understand why it wasn’t implemented here

EDIT: I’d go as far to say that if there’s ONE feature I want from this game this would be it. I value it higher than new game modes or replays or guild rankings or anything, as it’ll improve our lives not just in pvp but everywhere.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

We haven’t had a new map and a year. We haven’t had a good map in much longer. There hasn’t been a season in PvP. The matchmaking and leaderboards are still poor.

Does that answer your question?

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

As the person above me mentioned this isn’t a PvP exclusive feature so I feel like it wouldn’t necessarily be tied with the improvements to PvP.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Chukree.1756

I run 1024 × 768, very low but I need that to run the game with my PC. I Run small interface as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

i agree with phd, maybe…just maybe..can you just make target window (Like any other window including skillbar and single elements like your hp) being movable to where you want it? …for example i would like to put the whole target (Both hp bar and boons/conds) just above my skillbar…really gw1 had more features like this 7 years ago then gw2…you can’t be serious…

(Let alone castbars…we’re just going on rocket science here i guess)

Attachments:

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in PvP

Chukree.1756

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

i agree with phd, maybe…just maybe..can you just make target window (Like any other window including skillbar and single elements like your hp) being movable to where you want it? …for example i would like to put the whole target (Both hp bar and boons/conds) just above my skillbar…really gw1 had more features like this 7 years ago then gw2…you can’t be serious…

(Let alone castbars…we’re just going on rocket science here i guess)

GW2: The best selling MMO ever with less QoL features than it’s predecessor.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I have the highest resolution possible and always have this problem. Sadly, I slider to determine the range of the text isn’t possible or else this would be done to solve not only this problem but also the problem of hit numbers covering animations. I’ve been vocal many times about this problem but have pretty much given up trying to suggest changes.

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I’ve adjusted the position at low resolutions to always be below the targeting UI.

in PvP

Posted by: corin.1298

corin.1298

How could you have implemented it in the first game and not the second one. Don’t go making cars anet, because that’s kind of unacceptable in that area. Also I forgot to mentioned, this angers me a little because the UI burns my eyes during pvp matches. Health bar at the bottom, enemys at the top, my conditions at the bottom, enemy boons on top, my party members hp on the left side of the screen? Jesus, I have to put my monitor 8 feet away just to see it all at the same time or else I’ll fail to interrupt an enemy heal because im staring at my condis or his boons.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I’ve adjusted the position at low resolutions to always be below the targeting UI.

<3

Continue to hope that some patch, at some point, will give us useful UI customisation -but a fix like this is much appreciated!

in PvP

Chukree.1756

Hey Evan, I am sorry, but it is not fixed. This is a clear visualization of how serious this issue is. (this is a hot join game I joined to test,.)

Image taken today, 05-08-2014

Please take a look

Attachments:

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Hey Evan, I am sorry, but it is not fixed. This is a clear visualization of how serious this issue is. (this is a hot join game I joined to test,.)

Sorry, I meant I’ve fixed it for a future build. Things like this cannot be fixed without a build, and this isn’t hotfix material. You’ll have to wait a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Sorry, I meant I’ve fixed it for a future build. Things like this cannot be fixed without a build, and this isn’t hotfix material. You’ll have to wait a while.

It’s nice to see a response to a player’s concern. Something like this thread is NEVER seen in WvW.

Just the fact that you…
1. Recognized an issue.
2. Inquired about and found root cause
3. Replied that the issue was resolved but that it would be rolled out in a later fix.

WvW forum process is instead.
1. Recognize an issue.
2. Say it will be fixed “soon” or say “we can’t discuss things in development”
3. Silence…….. sometimes for as long as a year
4. When players Necro original thread, post a sticky threatening players about not Necroing threads

Even though I don’t play sPvP, I’ll go out of my way to say thanks for resolving this but more importantly, communicating back to the players about the issue. This is the type of community building that has been lacking in these (GW2) forums.

(edited by Swamurabi.7890)

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

It’s nice to see a response to a player’s concern. Something like this thread is NEVER seen in WvW.

Just the fact that you…
1. Recognized an issue.
3. Replied that the issue was resolved but that it would be rolled out in a later fix.

WvW forum process is instead.
1. Recognize an issue.
2. Say it will be fixed “soon” or say “we can’t discuss things in development”
3. Silence…….. sometimes for as long as a year
4. When players Necro original thread, post a sticky threatening players about not Necroing threads

Even though I don’t play sPvP, I’ll go out of my way to say thanks for resolving this but more importantly, communicating back to the players about the issue. This is the type of community building that has been lacking in these (GW2) forums.

I consider this a special case because it was a trivial fix. We all work in much the same way.

Perhaps you should come try sPvP…

in PvP

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Just the fact that you…
1. Recognized an issue.

I consider this a special case because it was a trivial fix. Perhaps you should come try sPvP…

I main a Necro, we get little love in sPvP and PvE dungeons.
That’s OK for me, because I like doing the parts of GW2 where Necros are wanted and accepted.

It might have been a trivial fix for you but your response on the forums shook the pillars of heaven.

(edited by Swamurabi.7890)

in PvP

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

Perhaps you should come try sPvP…

Perhaps you should come try WvW…

(edited by Markus.9084)

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

A full UI for moving stuff around sure. Even something basic like reading offsetX, offsetY, widthX for each window type from a config file would be a significant improvement that provides a lot of player value for minimal work.

I play at high resolution on a large monitor and GW2’s UI is IMO really horrible for that kind of setup — opponent’s HP/status, self condition and self boon information is located in 3 different locations (which on a large monitor is impossible to read all 3 info sources in a single glance).

On top of being located in separate places, the icons for conditions and boons are tiny.

Not to mention every decent MMO since UO has had individually movable/scalable UI elements, why not this one?

The argument that you should be able to read boons/conditions from the rendered view only does not hold up in a game with as many large & spammy particle effects as this one.

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

A full UI for moving stuff around sure. Even something basic like reading offsetX, offsetY, widthX for each window type from a config file would be a significant improvement that provides a lot of player value for minimal work.

I play at high resolution on a large monitor and GW2’s UI is IMO really horrible for that kind of setup — opponent’s HP/status, self condition and self boon information is located in 3 different locations (which on a large monitor is impossible to read all 3 info sources in a single glance).

On top of being located in separate places, the icons for conditions and boons are tiny.

Not to mention every decent MMO since UO has had individually movable/scalable UI elements, why not this one?

The argument that you should be able to read boons/conditions from the rendered view only does not hold up in a game with as many large & spammy particle effects as this one.

i feel you.

im playing on 2560×1440 and all boons/condi-icons are allmost unreadable tiny. (e.g. differing stun/daze is very hard) changing interface size doesnt fix it plus makes the text everywhere a mess (overlapping – which gets worse while not playing in english). in addition, thanks to the fixed UI bound into corners the minimap and partymembers (essentials for pvp) are way too far away from whats happening.
an adjustable UI like GW1 would also help you mess around with different screens. you could even drag’n’drop menu items on your screen in GW1… why drop such amazing customizability?

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”