Get evades off weapon sets

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It isn’t interactive.

It is not fun to play against.

A sword thief/sword ranger/sword mesmer – I mean wtf. You put evades on weapon sets.

That just makes no sense to me. Maybe reduce ALL evades on weapon sets by 50% or look at the cooldowns oF such skills. I feel like the devs underestimated the power of evades.

So. Yeh. Please reblance evades. Reduce all vigor durations and reduce all evade durations.

Fighting against evades isn’t very fun.

It also removes one the most fun and skill based things in gw2 (knowing when to dodge) when people can just perma evade and dodge everything via luck.

NOTE: To clarify what I am saying:

I like the dodge mechanic. It is great. Just saying that the amount of evades on a few weapon sets is obnoxious and is not a fun experience to fight against. Especially the sword thief and sword ranger. Whether they are OP or not is another discussion. I really do not care if they are OP( if you have to buff them in other ways after you nerf them then fine). I care that they are not fun to play against. It is just a frustrating gameplay experience. I feel that they didnt fully think out evades on weapon sets. I would raise the cd on all ranger evades and do something to sword thief to reduce its evades.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

but then what would the noobs play

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I agree with you, evade on style it’s not a great idea, too easy to do.

in PvP

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

/sign

At least raise the cooldowns to sth. like elementalists earth focus 5.

in PvP

Posted by: LoneDeranger.5963

LoneDeranger.5963

Or make it so that using them costs endurance as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

As long as they have more ways to gain adrenaline (Aka Vigor.)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Good idea imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If you want to remove the evades you better give them warrior armor and hp.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Or they could at least make immob stop the evade effect.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

anet hire this guy now

in PvP

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

What I would do is changing the evasion to a form of protection. Instead of evading and getting hit by nothing, he’d now get hit by 40-70% attack of the skill, depending on what skills used and such.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

If you want to remove the evades you better give them warrior armor and hp.

Trust me, that would still be a huge nerf.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Evades made combat noob friendly like teleports made positioning new friendly like arena net made guild wars. New friendly.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Evades made combat noob friendly like teleports made positioning new friendly like arena net made guild wars. New friendly.

I dont think it is noob friendly though. Evades are friendly because people think its lame and quit.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Yea remove them on a thief so when mesmers shatter you while immobilized you die in a second.
Yes remove them in a ranger so that they cant regen while evading.
Yes make mesmers not go invulnerable while doing blurred frenzy so that they cant prevent phantasm mesmers from summoning phantasms……………………………………………………………………………………………….

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I like evades on skills. and I love the animations of it on both thieves and rangers. I like the idea of building a character to be very agile. You can have characters that are tanks, I don’t see any thing wrong with have characters that are agile.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Evades aint fun, AI aint fun, stealth aint fun, node sitting aint fun, bunkers aint fun, aoe aint fun. Burst aint fun, Hgh aint fun, shatter aint fun, trap ranger aint fun, ele aint fun, bunker ranger aint fun, free tourneys aint fun, paids aint fun, 1 match being called tourney aint fun, matchmaking aint fun, hot join aint fun, keg brawl aint fun, CA not fun, Spectator not fun, 100nades aint fun, 2 piece chicken at pop-eyes aint fun. Active defense aint fun, active offense aint fun, need more passivity. /sarcasm

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I like evades on skills. and I love the animations of it on both thieves and rangers. I like the idea of building a character to be very agile. You can have characters that are tanks, I don’t see any thing wrong with have characters that are agile.

Perhaps another option would be, then, to simply have the ability refill endurance rather than just “evade” outright (as well as shed immob). But, that doesn’t fix the issue of how soft the “evade in combat” classes are and how easily they’d be destroyed by immob-spike. Guardians and warriors do not have this because they have plate/boons/health at a constant, Rangers/Thieves have paper.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

Perhaps another option would be, then, to simply have the ability refill endurance rather than just “evade” outright (as well as shed immob). But, that doesn’t fix the issue of how soft the “evade in combat” classes are and how easily they’d be destroyed by immob-spike. Guardians and warriors do not have this because they have plate/boons/health at a constant, Rangers/Thieves have paper.

I think the skills are fine just as they are. I don’t find it frustrating at all to fight sword thieves, rangers or mesmers. i actually think sword thieves are probably the easiest of all thieves to kill. Then again, I’m not someone who call for nerfs for any class or skill in a game. I sorta just go with the flow. If I like the balance, I keep playing. If I dont like the balance, I just don’t play.

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

It isn’t interactive.

A sword thief/sword ranger/sword mesmer – I mean wtf. You put evades on weapon sets.

That just makes no sense to me. Maybe reduce ALL evades on weapon sets by 50% or look at the cooldowns oF such skills. I feel like the devs underestimated the power of evades.

So. Yeh. Please reblance evades. Reduce all vigor durations and reduce all evade durations.

It also removes one the most fun and skill based things in gw2 (knowing when to dodge) when people can just perma evade and dodge everything via luck.

rofl..

How exactly is evading not interactive?

You push the same amount of buttons

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

It isn’t interactive.

Go for energy sigils first, their use is too widespread. Then after that revisit this including invulns and blocks in there as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this is working as intended.

does not need to change.

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Yeah, I agree. Let them keep the skills, but make it so the evade part only happens if they have the endurance to pull it off.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

sure, just be sure to also remove stealth, invulns & blocks as well so we can just dps race each other down in 2 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Agreed, there is too many god modes available to classes that already have faceroll specs.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

@Lordrosicky
maybe u should play a other game in pvp instead of gw2…
there are enough games without dodges.

for me it looks like u whant to be a brainless burst class,
just immobilize and then burst ppls to death…
and nobody can do anything.
that whould be easy enough for u, to kill anyone in pvp too

this is just another brainstorm topic,

i love the dodge mechanic.
ppls who dodge well have skill and dont spam.
its your problem if it feels unfair to you when ppls dodge your
attack button spam…
sometimes its better to know the enemy skills.
the way to know this skills is play the game and if its not fun for you, because this skills, then look for an other pvp game.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Lets remove all evades and everyone role 100b warriors..

Its fun guys!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

@Lordrosicky

attack button spam…
the way to know this skills is play the game and if its not fun for you, because this skills, then look for an other pvp game.

That’s harsh dude. But I gotta agree with this. Most people who come to the forums come to complain. Very rarely do I see people making threads about something that was done well in this game. The combat in this game is the sole reason I never stopped playing. I love the complexity of the combat in this game. I said this before in another thread a while back, but I really think it’s genius. And genius is often lost on a lot of people. The combat in this game is the best I’ve played in any mmo. Because it seems so simple and easy to grasp because you only have 10 skills on your action bar at any given time, unlike in WoW where you’ll have 40 to 50 macros for every skills on your action bar. But it’s still takes a lot of practice to master it. Arenanet hit the needle on the head because it’s easy to play, but difficult the master the way every game should be. At least that’s how every game should be in my opinion. It’s not perfect, but it’s close to it and a lot of fun.

TLDR: Evades, blocks, invulnerablities, vigor, etc all add to the complexity of the combat. Without that complexity, it would be boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

/sign

At least raise the cooldowns to sth. like elementalists earth focus 5.

Elementalist focus is so strong it should be nerfed to the ground. The other day I fighted vs 5 focus elementalists and Oh my god, they destroyed us so easily.

The focus has insane dps, the best mobility in the game and can one shot the strongest guardian. And then, the 2s immunity they get from earth makes it the most op build I have ever seen.

I saw one focus elementalist kill both lords in foe fire at the same time thanks to his ridiculously strong AOE while another one was 1v3ing us at mid

Arenanet should implement a sound that warns you when a focus elementalist is coming. Something like the “trebucheeeet” sound in kyhlo but adapted to this new godmode build.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

Agreed, spammable evades is as dumb as it can get. (thief, ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Edell.1286

Edell.1286

At this pace, every class is going to get a greatsword, a big kitten armor and will be renamed Warrior.

“Oh hey, these guys don’t play the same way I do, adapting to their strategy scares me, please remove what makes their class playable”.

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

At this pace, every class is going to get a greatsword, a big kitten armor and will be renamed Warrior.

“Oh hey, these guys don’t play the same way I do, adapting to their strategy scares me, please remove what makes their class playable”.

So everyone will be on warriors levels? That sounds awesome for us who only play warrior! Then pvp will actually be about skill and not a bunch of classes running the OP fotm build and facerolling everyone.

I think many warriors would enjoy owning all the faceroll godmode players who have had their crutches for far too long.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Not being able to spam evades/dodge is not the same as preferring brainless burst. Funny framing in here at times.

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

As the OP’s main class is necromancer I can understand his frustration being not able to effectively evade attacks.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I do not like the stun breaker on the weapon skills :/

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Not being able to spam evades/dodge is not the same as preferring brainless burst. Funny framing in here at times.

Yeh. A lot of people are framing my opinion.

I like the dodge mechanic. It is great. Just saying that the amount of evades on a few weapon sets is obnoxious and is not a fun experience to fight against. Especially the sword thief and sword ranger. Whether they are OP or not is another discussion. I really do not care if they are OP. I care that they are not fun to play against. It is just a frustrating gameplay experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

@Lordrosicky

attack button spam…

I normally don’t agree on anything @Lordrosicky say..but in this case I’ll have to agree on few things he mentioned like perma evasion of some professions, I can live with multiple dodges because I know that I can hit them when they come to hit me ( like in the s/d thieves case) but in the mesmer case, I always thought and have always will think that a 8s teleport/stun breaker on top of perma cripple ( because of clone shatter/chaos armor and chaos field) is over the kittening top.

Phase retreat should be min 20s CD, you’ll never catch a mesmer hybrid condition/shatter, as he just spam chaos armor so that you hit him ( what else can you do?) and get 5s cripple/2s chill and in case you get too close ( even using a ranged weapon) they phase retreat away….ridicolous

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

My biggest problem with weapons that evade is that you can use things like thief shortbow 3 to evade while immobilized. Screw that.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

My biggest problem with weapon evades is, not all classes have them.

Its like saying ; All classes can spam 2 dodges as standard. Except for Thief and Mesmer, they get 4.

Such a large mechanic needs to be standard.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

My biggest problem with weapon evades is, not all classes have them.

Its like saying ; All classes can spam 2 dodges as standard. Except for Thief and Mesmer, they get 4.

Such a large mechanic needs to be standard.

or removed

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

I like this idea. Obviously it shouldn’t be a half bar like an actual dodge, but it should be something.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I like this idea. Obviously it shouldn’t be a half bar like an actual dodge, but it should be something.

Yeh, I mean something like a 1s evade costing 20% of your endurance bar would be awesome. It would pump new life into this game from my point of view. If I am honest this game sucks right now from my point of view. I guess constant evades are less of an issue for classes with a high rate of fire. Necro doesnt have this. You have BY FAR the slowest attack rate with staff and scepter/dagger.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Yeh. A lot of people are framing my opinion.

I like the dodge mechanic. It is great. Just saying that the amount of evades on a few weapon sets is obnoxious and is not a fun experience to fight against. Especially the sword thief and sword ranger. Whether they are OP or not is another discussion. I really do not care if they are OP. I care that they are not fun to play against. It is just a frustrating gameplay experience.

Came to think of something: Whenever I run into a SB-ranger I always notice the 1-spam, and can’t help feeling it is rather dull/braindead. Yes …. even more than evade-spamming. And as a result, I would honestly hate, that nerfing (rightfully imho) sword (or changing how evades work) would result in yet another auto-attack-spamming; we have enough of that, as it is.

(edited by Poxxia.1547)