Get tournament tokens w/o playing?

in PvP

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

I have 3/6 parts for Koda and Inquest which I believe I received through the achievement chests… the deal is I REALLY want the entire Koda set. I would do anything for it even if that means killing 2,000+ more people lol

I’ve salvaged over 30 pvp chests so far with no luck on getting a tournament token. According to the official wiki, thats how you can get them.

Am I just having bad luck or is that not a viable option anymore for those specific tokens? I just don’t want to waste anymore..

Thanks!!

in PvP

Posted by: Dfalus.3659

Dfalus.3659

I get plenty of tournament tokens both free and paid by salvaging items from tournament chests.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon Sickboy.6250

Simon Sickboy.6250

You gotta make sure you are salvaging items from a tourney chest, otherwise you will never get a tourney token.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

^
Gotta salvage tourney chests. It is not well explained at all how chests work. I can quickly break it down for you.

Copper chests=crap
Silver chests =crap, but you paid more for the crap.
Gold chests= crap. The same crap you got from copper and silver.

Free tournaments= you managed to win a tournament with team or PuG team against a well versed, much higher ranked team and is organised.

Paid tournament token comes from gear you get in free tournaments now because they were scrapped. So to get paid, you need to do free,..and because of this you may get free tourney or paid tourney tokens..

Make sense? Because that is the reward system described fairly and accurately.

in PvP

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

Okay thanks!! That explains it.