Get us REAL pvp, just DO IT!

in PvP

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

UNIQUE REWARDING OF BEST PERFORMING PLAYERS!

Currently there is nothing to drive me into sPvP, not even future changes of ladder, why? Because there is simply NOTHING to push my limits for, i rather join king of the hill map for 1v1 or roam WvW solo or find a 2v2 3v3 premade fight, to satisfy my duel spirit.

There is nothing more rewarding to me then, joining WvW and find a person for 1v1 duel and not stomping her/him. It’s amazing to see how during duels people stop by and slowly add up to spectate those duels and participate in them by waiting their turn and respect each other. Currently my trophy’s are 1v1 recordings, but for PvP, trophy would mean an unique weapon/armor skin!

BUT WHAT WOULD DRIVE ME CRAZY TO DIG PVP

Simple answer: unique monthly title of best players of X class.

• Create 9 statues, for each class in PvP lobby
  • Each statue represents a player of the month for specific class
  • Each statue will show data how did player perform
  • Each player gets temporary unique legendary for the next month if she/he got entitled (Just like yellow shirt in cycling)
  • Temporary items are removed on the next month if player did not repeat best performance again
  • On the end of the year, players that got legendary title of the month at least once, will get unique season legendary item as a reward ( this way we would give out maximum 12*9 = 108 legendary limited weapons each year to those that proven their worthy for their dedication!)
  • Every person that got on the top 100 list of specific class, gets a monthly reward as well (something worth fighting for, no soulbound/account bound items)
  • All rewards except legendary weapons are trade-able

This are the things i would dig pvp for, unique reward that people deserve not by spamming the games, but playing with honor and playing for the title that not many people own, why? Because you have to earn it!

All formats would sum up on the end of the month

• Stronghold 5v5
  • Conquest 5v5
  • Death match 1v1 (we need this)
  • Death match 2v2 (we need this)
  • Death match 5v5 (we need this)

This would apply also for GvGs and keep them 15v15 and best team on ladder gets monthly rewards that we mentioned up there!

People always claim they don’t need anything but brawling to keep them in PvP, but pushing on the way to the top is so much sweeter if you know, that there is trophy to lift on the END!

EDIT: format

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I like your idea but honestly, it will be the same ppl over and over again winning those trophies for their class.

It’s the same with ESL/Go4Series.
EU might have more teams but it will only be them which will get that far getting the trophy. No1 else will. Not even you unless you get a top tier pvp team to gain your scores with.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

2v2 needed to happen ages ago. They even recognized the popularity and said they had most of the technology to do it. They’re missing an opportunity because WoW is already moving toward the direction of removing Gear treadmill in PVP, which will kill one of the biggest Arena (and general PVP) draws GW2 had… Games are moving toward smaller and quicker games, which is why 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 are so incredibly popular.

Disappointing, now that Stronghold is HoT’s big pvp-feature, that means we’re in for another big wait, and by then, I’m not sure GW2 will have the pvp community anymore for it to matter as much, if I’m completely honest.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

2v2 needed to happen ages ago. They even recognized the popularity and said they had most of the technology to do it. They’re missing an opportunity because WoW is already moving toward the direction of removing Gear treadmill in PVP, which will kill one of the biggest Arena (and general PVP) draws GW2 had… Games are moving toward smaller and quicker games, which is why 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 are so incredibly popular.

Disappointing, now that Stronghold is HoT’s big pvp-feature, that means we’re in for another big wait, and by then, I’m not sure GW2 will have the pvp community anymore for it to matter as much, if I’m completely honest.

Exactly.

Problem is loyal people wait long, up to 3-5 years, and that time is about up.
Stronghold is waste of resources if you ask me, i did try the game mode, and it’s not playable for longer then 1-2 games per week because of boring concepts where we lack of fights, to many obstructed areas, clustered, and NPCs have to big role to actually do something. So basically this is short call for PvE people to join PvP with minimum fights ROFL.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Even extremely popular games like LoL don’t have much different modes, instead they mostly rotate some gamemodes.

GW1 also suffered from too many gamemodes. Hero battles got removed eventually, team arena’s were pretty much dead, etc.

Every new gamemode competes with the other modes. Population is already a big issue and it would only get worse.

If they implement arenas then you’d want them to balance with arena’s in mind too? A lot of kitten would be unbalanced in that mode.

And no, the mere fact that they’d implement arenas wouldn’t attract enough people to outweigh the population split over the different modes.

Moreso, GW2 aspired to be a competitive game (“esport”) and you’d like to focus on one gamemode in order for that to work.

I prefer a good competitive infrastructure over new gamemodes.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

There is nothing more rewarding to me then, joining WvW….

I stopped reading here.

It’s like opening a thread about changing some rules in superbike championship and then starting with “When i cruise around on my t-max….”

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

I agree, we needed Deathmatch from the start.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Even extremely popular games like LoL don’t have much different modes, instead they mostly rotate some gamemodes.

GW1 also suffered from too many gamemodes. Hero battles got removed eventually, team arena’s were pretty much dead, etc.

Every new gamemode competes with the other modes. Population is already a big issue and it would only get worse.

If they implement arenas then you’d want them to balance with arena’s in mind too? A lot of kitten would be unbalanced in that mode.

And no, the mere fact that they’d implement arenas wouldn’t attract enough people to outweigh the population split over the different modes.

Moreso, GW2 aspired to be a competitive game (“esport”) and you’d like to focus on one gamemode in order for that to work.

I prefer a good competitive infrastructure over new gamemodes.

I don’t ever remember TA not having players. HB sure, but it was largely boring and not that strong of a game mode. Think Conquest but only 2 players and a bunch of NPC’s. The issue with TA being removed ( Team Arenas for those that don’t know ) was because of the huge advantage organized teams had over players that were completely PUG groups coming from RA ( Random Arenas ), and they wanted to implement Codex Arena which, was a complete flop in my opinion when compared to TA.

I believe a lot of the issues with population would easily be fixed if Arena Net did something more to reward players to participate in sPvP. Yes, the new badge system’s nice, but it’s only slapping a fresh coat of paint on PvP. Over time that paint will start to fade and flake, showing just how ugly it is underneath again.

I think this can be avoided should they split queues and game modes. For the new league system, have it only apply to Conquest. For “Death Match” mode tone down the Rank Point and Reward Track Points you get like what you receive in Hot Join ( but with no cap ). Stronghold should just be as it is now with normal rewards.

So 3 game modes:

Conquest- Leagues, normal Rank Point/Reward Track progression.

“Death Match”- Hot Join Rank Point/Reward Track progression.

Stronghold- Normal Rank Point/Reward Track progression.

That’s three game modes that fit nicely at the top of the PvP UI. The little check box we’ve been getting could be the Unranked/Ranked ( if it’s even used after Leagues comes out ) ‘switch’ if they feel that they need it; just put up a little notice or “Help” pop-up for a week or so after implementation so new players understand.

IF for some reason they still lack players competing in Conquest, throw more in-game exclusive rewards at it.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

3v3 arena map, JUST DO IT!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I always pictured something like stronghold would be for gvg, larger map with more side objectives. 5v5 for stronghold just doesn’t seem very intriguing.

3 point conquest is really boring, and the side objectives often do very little to change things up except in the case of spirit watch and the forest.

As far as the OP, like terrorsquad said it would end up being the same people unless those people started to leave which is seeming more and more like the case. Skin rewards are the best incentive other than money to keep playing pvp, but the experience itself needs improvements. Add more side objectives and map control so the kitten zerging can stop and teamwork can be for more than just fights at mid point and sending a guy to decap the home point. Some reworks to the current system to focus less on killing the team and more on working as a team.

-Either remove or lessen points on kill. I’d say lessen so it still has some bonus for securing a stomp or taking out a roamer so something like 2 points per kill.

-Occasionally (1-2 times per match depending on length) advertise an event which rewards double points for holding a specific point and in the case of 1 team greatly dominating another(~150 point lead), give the losing side a point reward for capturing a specific point (25?). This keeps the chance to re-enter the fight and keep things, in most cases 150 point lead currently is near impossible to dig out of in non-hotjoin matches.

-rethink battle of kyhlo and skyhammer side objective (siege weapons) to be something more fluid than camping on it and firing away. Capricorn had a good idea with the requirement of bringing ammo for a quick use and the ammo having its own cooldown.

For Battle of Kyhlo I’d say place a limited supply of ammo around the map which is hidden inside the various obstacles that can be broken (buildings, wooden crates/barrels, etc) so map destruction fuels your catapult as well as keeping ammo away from the enemy’s hands.

For Skyhammer, rotate through the 3 points kitten. First team to capture point B gets access to the skyhammer for 90 seconds, this determines the order in which the skyhammer will select a point and give the owner of that point access to it. After 90 seconds is up it will go to the home point of the team that captured it for 90 seconds (still only granting access to the team that holds that point). After time is up, it will go back to B for 90 seconds and the owner at the end of the 90 seconds will then see their home point become the access slot, and so on and so fourth. Each time the skyhammer is accessed it will need the cooresponding team holding the selected point to go to it and access it like normal. Once synchronized, it will grant that team the remaining time in the rotation to use it, even if they lose that point.

Additionally the skyhammer now increases your influence over a point each time it is shot. For example, if you are red and contesting a point that is blue, if you have the skyhammer and hit that point you will decrease the blue’s influence on that point by a flat amount (say 25%). This makes taking an objective from your enemy much stronger given the numerous restrictions on the skyhammer but it also makes control over the skyhammer based on your teams control of the map and its points which will shift constantly. It does add a little more “zerg at mid” mentality for a little while but that changes once the skyhammer relocates its point.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

15vs15 come on this would be terrible somethibg like wvw no one cant see what really happens

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

According to metrics, current PvP state works very well in eSport arena.
Therefore, no changes are needed nor required.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

The game isn’t balanced around 1v1’s, be it SPvP or WvW. If such a mode was created, it would likely need to have it’s own balancing rules and mode specific changes to traits/sigils/runes/skills/etc. Otherwise it’d just rain down unnecessary nerfs/buffs on anyone not interested in playing 1v1. Stealth and bunkers would probably be nerfed into the ground in the first week.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i miss the 8 vs 8 … wish game was balanced towards that… even 5 man RA/ TA was better than this >_>.

Burst players was harder, required more team work…
There were good mesmers at that time…
There were good rangers at that time…
There were better players at that time…(my opinion about pvp state, since i found it to easy atm).
Less spam, more tactics.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

But maybe you should actually figure out if that game mode even works and if this is what the community wants, before you invest all your resources into it.
At the moment it’s just sad to see because conquest is obviously all they “can” do.

No real competitive play in this game. (since gvg isn’t supported at all)

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

But maybe you should actually figure out if that game mode even works and if this is what the community wants, before you invest all your resources into it.
At the moment it’s just sad to see because conquest is obviously all they “can” do.

No real competitive play in this game. (since gvg isn’t supported at all)

For gvg you actually mean all those pve guys, with pve stats and pve gear randomly spamming aoes and shouting on ts with target on commander while 3/4 of them not even knowing kitten are they doin?

because that’s not pvp, it’s called random pve zergfest…let alone being anywere close to competitive.

Gw1 gvg was competitive…gw2 so called “gvg” (And it’s a shame even calling it like the one in gw1) it’s just plain pve

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

I will just take that as a troll post.

I have to agree that gvg was more competitive in gw1 yet it is the most competitive playstyle in this game.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I have to agree that gvg was more competitive in gw1 yet it is the most competitive playstyle in this game.

Really? I didn’t see those games at WTS.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

wvsw=pve=\=competitive

and no…not even trolling

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

wvsw=pve=\=competitive

and no…not even trolling

You obviously never played gvg then.
You have no idea how much tactics is required there.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

wvsw=pve=\=competitive

and no…not even trolling

gw1 gvg the best game mode in a game ever!!!!!!

in PvP

Archaon.9524

wvsw=pve=\=competitive

and no…not even trolling

plenty of videos on youtube…with 90% people just spamming aoes and not even able to dodge…with target on commander lmao

you call something like this competitive?

are you even serious?

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

No infight commands, horrible movement, …

That’s like showing a bunny rank as an example for spvp

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

wvsw=pve=\=competitive

and no…not even trolling

plenty of videos on youtube…with 90% people just spamming aoes and not even able to dodge…with target on commander lmao

you call something like this competitive?

are you even serious?

You really have no idea what u saying gvg it was most competitive game mode ever because except your personal skill level your only chance to win it was when you worked like team, the best player in the world if it was in a team that cant not work together he will loose now a player can carry the team

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

You really have no idea what u saying gvg it was most competitive game mode ever because except your personal skill level your only chance to win it was when you worked like team, the best player in the world if it was in a team that cant not work together he will loose now a player can carry the team

Exactly. That makes this game mode so interesting.

You have ~25 guys in your group.
You need perfectly working builds for 25 players. You need movement tactics for 25 players. 25 players who all need to know when exactly to activate their skills. 25 players who need to perfectly know their limits and possibilities. 25 players who need to perfectly know their raid leader.

Yet one single player failing can kill your entire fight.

That is competitive play. Not standing on a stupid point with your tank spec crying for your teammate to help you because all you can do is holding a point.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

wvsw=pve=\=competitive

and no…not even trolling

You obviously never palyed GvG because GW2 doesn’t have one. What you played is ZvZ

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

You need perfectly working builds for 25 players. You need movement tactics for 25 players. 25 players who all need to know when exactly to activate their skills. 25 players who need to perfectly know their limits and possibilities. 25 players who need to perfectly know their raid leader.

That is competitive play. Not standing on a stupid point with your tank spec crying for your teammate to help you because all you can do is holding a point.

Why 25 players?

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

Why 25 players?

25-30 is usually the best number for guild raids.
Less and you either have to give up front or backline support.
More and it becomes more like zerging rather than tactical play.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Seriously ArenaNet, Just Do IT.

/S

in PvP

Posted by: Annette.6278

Annette.6278

@Firelysm.4967, such a great suggestions! And gvg matches would be appreciated!

GW2 is almost a perfect MMORPG. Please, DON"T make it in such way like we are stupid.

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

Too many people agreeing with OP

I bet 50g that this thread will be closed until tomorrow morning.
Who joins?

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

I’d like to see more game types. Capture the flag, king of the hill, hell even bomb disposal could be cool. OH HEY BUT FIRST MAKE A NEW CLASS BEFORE YOU FIX YOUR CURRENT ONES OK

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No you can’t balance 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, AND 5v5s. Especially with multiple types of modes. If you want to add 1v1 and 2v2 you could but to put them at the same level of competition as 5v5, no.

in PvP

Posted by: Talbin.8305

Talbin.8305

As broken as it could often be… I think the most fun I’ve had inside of instanced PvP was Huttball. I’d at least like to see some kind of capture the flag mechanic… shrug

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I want a capture the flag on a big map. two castles, each with two levels, huge field/forest between them, split by a river with a couple bridge, or can swim over. That would make pvp complete for me.

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

No you can’t balance 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, AND 5v5s. Especially with multiple types of modes. If you want to add 1v1 and 2v2 you could but to put them at the same level of competition as 5v5, no.

You can balance everything if you want.

I mean they had thousands of skills to balance in gw1 and got the job done.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

And how do you reward “best player”? By match score? Purely by winning games? A variant of both?

Just asking because as a thief sometimes i get minimal score for decapping and being major pest for 2-3 people of enemy team while their teammates get outnumbered over a capture point. Would you say my effort is lesser than yours if you one-shot low hp targets?

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

Another good aspect of gw1 pvp. Everyone got the same rewards no matter what they did. (at least you could report for leeching which is obviously too much of a challenge for only 3 years…)

If it is supposed to be a team play gamemode you should be rewarded as a team.

All we wanted was a GvG.