Getting condibombed be like...

in PvP

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

You look down at your debuffs and see 19 stacks of bleeding.

“Oh kitten, that needs to be removed”.

First condi cleanse: Chill has been removed.

“kitten stupid kitten*ng game I’m dying here”.

Second condi cleanse: Weakness has been removed.

“How the hell is this cheesy kitten even a thing?”.

Third condi cleanse: Nothing happens.

“Oh I’m downed”.

Ok seriously now: There are good reasons why this game is dying.

(edited by cursE.1794)

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

Something needs to be done about cleansing order. Like the condis would be much more manageable if all our cleanses didn’t all go on CD to clear random crap that usually isn’t affecting you as much. Too many times I’ve been in the same situation where I’ll clear weakness, vuln or chill but not the kittening 15 bleeds+10poison+4burns and god know what else

in PvP

Posted by: strong and brave.5718

strong and brave.5718

That’s because Anet decided that it would be smart to make condi cleanse completely random unless a condi is specified. If I recall correctly they said it made the game ’’flow’’ better.

So now I can enjoy blowing all my cleanses trying to hit that bleed, just like how I blow all my savings in slot machines.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think cleansing order should be set by the player himself and tune it from character to character and can set before a match. Like you could see a group with mesmers but no necroes and prioritize for confusion first then torment then poison (since it reduces healing) or maybe slow or chilled.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I think cleansing order should be set by the player himself and tune it from character to character and can set before a match. Like you could see a group with mesmers but no necroes and prioritize for confusion first then torment then poison (since it reduces healing) or maybe slow or chilled.

If that were the case, we should also be able to make it so the biggest stack of damage conditions gets removed first, but I have a feeling it would be too complicated. Just make it remove the damaging conditions first, starting with the one that will deal the biggest damage to a player.
This would also increase the value of debuffs (weakness, cripple, chill, …)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

That’s because Anet decided that it would be smart to make condi cleanse completely random unless a condi is specified. If I recall correctly they said it made the game ’’flow’’ better.

So now I can enjoy blowing all my cleanses trying to hit that bleed, just like how I blow all my savings in slot machines.

The condi cleanse isn’t random. It’s the last condi applied that is cleansed first. So if you see your opponent applying tons of bleed even if it’s at 6 stacks, just cleanse it before he covers it with crap condis.

If the condi cleanse was random it would be easier to down Diamond skin eles.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

the problem is there aren’t many skills that can burst clear conditions, but there are tons of condition types so it is easy to cover the ones doing lots of damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Weren’t condi’s removed based on dmging ones first in the past? Maybe I’m just remembering wrong, but I thought cleanses were setup that way at one time.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Weren’t condi’s removed based on dmging ones first in the past? Maybe I’m just remembering wrong, but I thought cleanses were setup that way at one time.

Only for shadow embrace. Normal condi cleanse remove w/e was applied last aka cripple, chill, weakness and all that junk before it actually gets to actual offenders (bleeds, burns and co.)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

The condi cleanse isn’t random. It’s the last condi applied that is cleansed first. So if you see your opponent applying tons of bleed even if it’s at 6 stacks, just cleanse it before he covers it with crap condis.

If the condi cleanse was random it would be easier to down Diamond skin eles.

Last i checked this is correct. It is only conversion from condi to boon and boon to condi that is random.

The game also reads down a skill to see which is the last condi applied. If skill 1 hit you with a bleed and skill 2 hits with confusion, poison and bleed listed in that order the next condi cleanse will remove ALL the stacks of bleed.

Easy enough to test on a necro with shrouded removal and toying around with master of corruption.

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

This so much, I can’t tell how many times I died against Warriors because of that (also 2-3 Warriors/Engi is something that should not exist).