Getting cyber bullied for playing warrior, anet please do something
they say they want to come to my house and kill me and all that mean stuff

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It’s a sad reality where ppl want to win at all cost and their victories to mean whatever they need to. I have all the sympathy in the world for you. Rest assure I will never ask you to play something you don’t want to. Winning is not worth that much.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s a sad reality where ppl want to win at all cost and their victories to mean whatever they need to. I have all the sympathy in the world for you. Rest assure I will never ask you to play something you don’t want to. Winning is not worth that much.

I’m pretty sure his post was satire.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

kitten you sure? I’m getting bad at this game if it was.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

how is that satire

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

how is that satire

I’ll entertain you I guess.

“Getting cyber bullied for playing warrior, anet please do something”

Considering your post history and that you play a lot of PvP (claiming Diamond or higher) then it’s safe to assume you know how to block people and that getting mean PMs shouldn’t bother you much when it happens.
Sounds more like this is a “buff Warrior” thread.

“they say they want to come to my house and kill me and all that mean stuff”

I don’t think anyone would say they’re going to come to your house and kill you just for playing Warrior. If anything, they’d say you’re bad (with slurs, of course).
The last part of the sentence also kinda gives it away; if you’re actually distraught, I feel like you’d be more specific that just “and all that mean stuff”.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

how is that satire

Considering your post history and that you play a lot of PvP (claiming Diamond or higher) then it’s safe to assume you know how to block people and that getting mean PMs shouldn’t bother you much when it happens.

I don’t think anyone would say they’re going to come to your house and kill you just for playing Warrior. If anything, they’d say you’re bad (with slurs, of course).
The last part of the sentence also kinda gives it away; if you’re actually distraught, I feel like you’d be more specific that just “and all that mean stuff”.

To be fair, I’ve witness worse than ppl telling others to kill themselves…

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Malchior.5732

how is that satire

Well that’s the thing, they didn’t say “kill yourself”, they said they personally would go kill them. Allegedly.
Regardless, it’s not about how bad what they said is, it’s whether it’s real or not.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

how is that satire

Well that’s the thing, they didn’t say “kill yourself”, they said they personally would go kill them. Allegedly.
Regardless, it’s not about how bad what they said is, it’s whether it’s real or not.

I agree, but the scary part for me is it’s not this obvious in the context of what I have witnessed. Sadly…

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

http://i.imgur.com/QriDoq1.jpg

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You will have to explain to me why the “wisdon” of the guy is relevant in any way shape or form?

I mean, I get that you can just walk away but how does it make any difference in describing what the people indulging in such sad behavior do?

Oh, you probably want to imply to the people talking of cyber-bullying that they play victim right? Sadly depending on the context it can be a lot more complicated than that…

I shall stop here before we go farther on that tangent. Let’s just say that I’m not sure I would ignore that behavior and blame the “victim” more than I would the offender.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You will have to explain to me why the “wisdon” of the guy is relevant in any way shape or form?

I mean, I get that you can just walk away but how does it make any difference in describing what the people indulging in such sad behavior do?

Oh, you probably want to imply to the people talking of cyber-bullying that they play victim right? Sadly depending on the context it can be a lot more complicated than that…

I shall stop here before we go farther on that tangent. Let’s just say that I’m not sure I would ignore that behavior and blame the “victim” more than I would the offender.

He was joking

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

He was joking

I feel so old now

I’m really loosing touch…

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

you are

/15charrs

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Regardless wether OP is joking or not, the problem IS there.

The real question is, who’s fault it is?
- player not blocking entire pvp community?
- other players being toxic?
- customer support never doing anything about it?
- devs actually forcing classes into such sad state that players using that class get griefed?

If i posted a single screenshot showing what i was told in season 1 just for playing thief, i would get perma banned. But massive griefing like this in game is somehow acceptable. Same issue with afkers – nothing is ever done.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

Toxic players are never going to go away, and will be a part of any community. Not saying to just turn a blind eye but honestly it’s just something to accept with the gaming culture from LoL, to COD, to WoW, GW2, and so on. Block em, give a few choice words if you want, and be on your way.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Toxic players are never going to go away, and will be a part of any community. Not saying to just turn a blind eye but honestly it’s just something to accept with the gaming culture from LoL, to COD, to WoW, GW2, and so on. Block em, give a few choice words if you want, and be on your way.

Well, so is sexism and racism but will you accept to turn a blind eye on it because "there always was and always will be? Neither would I…

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

OH come on.. it’s on the internet, you will NEVER see this person again short of sharing your personal info. Don’t come on here comparing those kinds of things to being bullied in a game when all you have to do is block and report. Geez.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Cynz.9437

OH come on.. it’s on the internet, you will NEVER see this person again short of sharing your personal info. Don’t come on here comparing those kinds of things to being bullied in a game when all you have to do is block and report. Geez.

idk about you but i tend to queue into same people all the time

worst part is, if they “hate” you they actually afk in matches on purpose

do you really think blocking alone solves the issue in this case?

All is Vain~

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

I’m not sure as I have not run into that problem, personally it’s been the opposite. Someone I had bad blood with is mostly on the other team, and then it turns into a sort of rivalry as we try to kill the other. Or I use his salt to get his team killed as he guns for me, and me alone over all the others ignoring his role.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Well, so is sexism and racism but will you accept to turn a blind eye on it because "there always was and always will be? Neither would I…

No one is turning a blind eye. You have the tools to stop it: Block and Report.
No one is encouraging that behavior, but a lot of these people are just trying to be offensive for the sake of it; they might not be actually racist/sexist or whatever and if they are, they are a minority (at least in the US and the UK).

So, what is the problem here? If someone is offensive, you block and report them and move on. They will be dealt with.
These toxic people will always be everywhere, but I have to say, they are quite rare and far in between. This is not a big problem.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

No one is turning a blind eye. You have the tools to stop it: Block and Report.
No one is encouraging that behavior, but a lot of these people are just trying to be offensive for the sake of it; they might not be actually racist/sexist or whatever and if they are, they are a minority (at least in the US and the UK).

So, what is the problem here? If someone is offensive, you block and report them and move on. They will be dealt with.
These toxic people will always be everywhere, but I have to say, they are quite rare and far in between. This is not a big problem.

I’m not saying it’s a problem, I’m merely reacting to the idea that they are always going to be there with what it implied for me. I just don’t like to minimize something like that even if it’s everywhere and has always been there. I mean so is death and cancer… always there always going to be… I think you get the idea.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

D’awwwwwww, right in the feels! Peeveepee is a place for player conflict, and conflict resolution. As wiser men than me once said, If you can’t take the heat, get the kitten out of ranked you filthy casual! If you QQ over getting called names, uninstall and log onto your safeplace. Oh! I hope anyone bringing their warrior into ranked, that doesn’t know what they are doing, gets Lou Gherig’s disease. Goes double for thieves, eles, engi’s, necro, mes, guardian, and ranger. Lel, those troll posts tho

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

Lol ^ xD

/15charrs!

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

D’awwwwwww, right in the feels! Peeveepee is a place for player conflict, and conflict resolution. As wiser men than me once said, If you can’t take the heat, get the kitten out of ranked you filthy casual! If you QQ over getting called names, uninstall and log onto your safeplace. Oh! I hope anyone bringing their warrior into ranked, that doesn’t know what they are doing, gets Lou Gherig’s disease. Goes double for thieves, eles, engi’s, necro, mes, guardian, and ranger. Lel, those troll posts tho

And apparently a great place to miss the point others are putting forth but I guess at least you are good at pvp…

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

Well there is no point to be made here, the guy was posting as a joke. Meanwhile treating this post like this some kind of tumblr [TRIGGERED] post is just idk really not needed. Report, block, challenge him to a duel if you want. If he pops up in your team, and you’re suspecting he may try to sabotage your match, then record it before hand then turn it in. It’s a game, we’re not competing for the Nobel Peace Prize here.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I had a warrior today tell me I was a bad players for.playing a DH, after he repeatedly ran on to my traps.

So much salt coming from warrior players. ANet, please put them out of there misery, do something, or tell them there tears are delicious.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well there is no point to be made here, the guy was posting as a joke. Meanwhile treating this post like this some kind of tumblr [TRIGGERED] post is just idk really not needed. Report, block, challenge him to a duel if you want. If he pops up in your team, and you’re suspecting he may try to sabotage your match, then record it before hand then turn it in. It’s a game, we’re not competing for the Nobel Peace Prize here.

Did he confirmed it?

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

basz.6129

And apparently a great place to miss the point others are putting forth but I guess at least you are good at pvp…

Plox tell me moar about this elusive point that I, and not you poor sir, have missed. Then tell me moar about how I’m good at pvp, I think you were really onto something with that train of thought.

For reals tho ladydude, this isn’t preschool in a blue state. If you don’t like ‘fighting’ other people whom will inevitably get a leettle salty, the fantasy world where teamwork and camraderie prevail is right through the portal to Lion’s Arch.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Plox tell me moar about this elusive point that I, and not you poor sir, have missed. Then tell me moar about how I’m good at pvp, I think you were really onto something with that train of thought.

For reals tho ladydude, this isn’t preschool in a blue state. If you don’t like ‘fighting’ other people whom will inevitably get a leettle salty, the fantasy world where teamwork and camraderie prevail is right through the portal to Lion’s Arch.

It’s not a matter of getting a thicker skin but a matter of just no minimizing the behavior anymore you would for someone racist or sexist. Of course nobody is going to die and ppl can just walk away but that is beside the point you just don’t do it and you don’t encourage or minimize it.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

It’s not a matter of getting a thicker skin but a matter of just no minimizing the behavior anymore you would for someone racist or sexist. Of course nobody is going to die and ppl can just walk away but that is beside the point you just don’t do it and you don’t encourage or minimize it.

I feel like you’re a Tumblr user.

-Skydis

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I feel like you’re a Tumblr user.

Sry I don’t use that. :P

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

basz.6129

Well, you win. No sane person argues with that kind of intangible answer. Gg lemming

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I can’t say that I’m at all surprised at the number of people apathetic about this kind of behavior. I think we all understand that this is a joke post, but jokes aside, this kind of behavior really harms a game’s community.

(New player wants to play warrior/thief/mesmer):
“Oh, this is so much fun! I always like peeveepee in other games, might as well try it out here!”
(Enter match)
“Boooo, what a kittening scrub! Piece of kitten, play a different toon!”
(Leaves match)
“Well I guess I’m not going to do peevekitten anymore. Byez! 0/”

This situation happens on a regular basis with games that put up with this behavior. Granted, this has happened due to the major imbalance issues seen in PvP, but the fact remains that people are still acting out in this manner. A lot of people I know don’t play LoL due to the terribad community, myself included, even having been players since the beta.

The way a community treats each other can have pretty big detrimental effects on their reputation, and will negatively contribute to the community’s existence.

But I’m prepared for the flames my post will inevitably receive. I’m wearing my flame kittenant gear, so bring it on.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Malchior.5732

@ Anomaly: I understand that, but I personally haven’t experienced this kind of hate in this game yet.
I’ve gotten maybe 2 angry PMs in like 2k hours and both of them were in WvW!

That being said, when something this seemingly rare happens, you can’t just quit because you think the community is toxic; it’s just one angry idiot that shouldn’t destroy your fun. You can block, report, and move on.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

@ Anomaly: I understand that, but I personally haven’t experienced this kind of hate in this game yet.

That being said, when something this seemingly rare happens, you can’t just quit because you think the community is toxic; it’s just one angry idiot that shouldn’t destroy your fun. You can block, report, and move on.

Finally, someone not overly sensitive.

Before blocking them, I like to link my Vial of Salt to them

-Skydis

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Crimson Shi.5047

Finally, someone not overly sensitive.

Before blocking them, I like to link my Vial of Salt to them

Would mail an offender a stack of salt bought from the vendor.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Cynz.9437

You can’t grow thick skin vs afkers. You may ignore all you want but 4v5, 2v5 is a loss in most cases and no ignore/block would help you there.

All is Vain~

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Well, you win. No sane person argues with that kind of intangible answer. Gg lemming

Intangible? Interesting and a little scary…

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Malchior.5732

You can’t grow thick skin vs afkers. You may ignore all you want but 4v5, 2v5 is a loss in most cases and no ignore/block would help you there.

afk =/= insults and threats

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Cynz.9437

afk =/= insults and threats

um they start with insults, if you don’t do what people tell you (in my case reroll something else but thief) ppl actually afk on purpose

i am not kidding

All is Vain~

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

basz.6129

Intangible. Or if you prefer, intentionally-excessively broad. OP trolololol’s at well, your expense, in regards to the deliciousness of all the tears IN-GAME. That is, in a video game, a virtual world, not real or relatable to real life issues, some might say intangible…… I digress, and your jump from people calling eachother names behind the security of anonymity, to racism and sexism, is absurd.

Fact is, if words, only words, from people you don’t know, have such a lasting and potentially negative impact on your fragile psyche; perhaps you ought to consider a buffered institution. Not mmo pvp. In the real, tangible world, often the victims of sexism, racism, actual unbased hatred are incapable of /blocking those administering said hate. Here, in the fantasy world, if you don’t like what someone says, you can literally excise them from your existence forever with the click of a button.

The clear, vast, unwavering distance between the topic at hand, and your self assumed soapbox is universes. Thus rendering said soapbox completely intangible. You have already fallen on your kitten. Remains to be seen if you are even aware of that yet.

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Posted by: wikedtik.5681

wikedtik.5681

help am cyber bullied for the name wikedtik i play dragonhunter and i talk in map chat a lot what do i do arena net i cant close my eyes pls the bullies wont even 1v1 me its not fair i challenge you to a 1v1 arenanet if i can beat all your devs in best of 5 then you ban cyberbullies ok

Getting cyber bullied

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Intangible. Or if you prefer, intentionally-excessively broad. OP trolololol’s at well, your expense, in regards to the deliciousness of all the tears IN-GAME. That is, in a video game, a virtual world, not real or relatable to real life issues, some might say intangible…… I digress, and your jump from people calling eachother names behind the security of anonymity, to racism and sexism, is absurd.

Fact is, if words, only words, from people you don’t know, have such a lasting and potentially negative impact on your fragile psyche; perhaps you ought to consider a buffered institution. Not mmo pvp. In the real, tangible world, often the victims of sexism, racism, actual unbased hatred are incapable of /blocking those administering said hate. Here, in the fantasy world, if you don’t like what someone says, you can literally excise them from your existence forever with the click of a button.

The clear, vast, unwavering distance between the topic at hand, and your self assumed soapbox is universes. Thus rendering said soapbox completely intangible. You have already fallen on your kitten. Remains to be seen if you are even aware of that yet.

I see a lot of cheap judgments in what you say but little substance regarding what you found “excessively broad” in my previous answer or what is absurd about making a parallel with sexism and racism that are merely forms of bullying. For someone telling me I’m intentionally-excessively broad you sure make a kitten good job of avoiding being specific.

Your argument boils down to, it’s only words get over it. I’ll start by answering that I’m not offended one bit at anything that has been said and it is not what make me reply. What does motivate me replying is the bad habit ppl have to minimize everything to try and excuse it. Like, it’s ok to just dump all you want on ppl on the Internet, it’s only words.

My using sexism and racism was merely a tool. Many would not accept to minimize sexist or racist discourses even if it would only be words they could just choose to walk away from and racism and sexism has always existed and will always exist. In other words, the argument used to minimize cyber bullying is crap or at the very least hypocrite. You would be sanctioned on this very forum for being racist which is just one form of bullying… If this is still “intangible” to you I don’t know what to say.

TL:DR The arguments used to minimize bullying no matter the form it takes are weak.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)