Getting destroyed in PVP...

in PvP

Posted by: FrozenHeart.9243

FrozenHeart.9243

Today was a bad day… I can’t express how frustrated I am. I think I’ve lost like 18 out of the 20 games I’ve played today. Now I don’t know if I just suck at this game but i don’t think a player should endure so many losses in a single day even if he sucks.

It has never been this bad pre-HoT. Feels like matchmaking is worse than ever….

Notice here I am not blaming my teammates but for the love of god let me win a game =/

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Are you playing Thief or Warrior by any chance?

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

this is a big reason why i like to just hotjoin and don’t worry about win/loss. u actually get to play pvp w/o some magic algorithm trying to keep you at a 50% win rate, altho in your case, u must have really gone way off too far in the over 50% direction

in PvP

FrozenHeart.9243

http://imgur.com/ci5j2n1

Wish it could show more games…

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

This happens to me more frequently than I’d care to admit. Typically it occurs the day after I’ve had a good run of luck. I think they only reset MMR once per day (at night), so if you lose alot on a given day you don’t get credit for those losses (and get easier matches) until the next day. Anyone else see this type of behavior?

in PvP

FrozenHeart.9243

I’ve seen this type of behavior but to a certain extent. I just lost 2 more games lol.

in PvP

Posted by: asher.1246

asher.1246

So you are a thief don’t you?

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

This happens to me more frequently than I’d care to admit. Typically it occurs the day after I’ve had a good run of luck. …..

its not a run of good luck, the mmr algo is just streaky. it tries to keep u at ~50% if u soloq, so u get a nice win streak (now u up over 50%) so then u get a miserable losing streak (push u back down to 50%)

thats why it feels like its the day after u get a good amount of wins

edit: filter don’t like u short handing amnt after good

(edited by Jaxom.7310)

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I made a thread about this a while ago. This phenomenon is actually fairly common. The only fix is to log off for a few hours and it usually goes back to normal. For some reason the system will place you with terrible players vs ESL competitors over and over. I always thought it was bogus until it happened to me one day.

Baer

in PvP

FrozenHeart.9243

I"ll keep playing to see how many losses in a row i can get trying hard. I’ll keep you posted. If it really is a problem with their algorithm, I hope my account can be of use to fix it.

(edited by FrozenHeart.9243)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I’ve had it happen a few times. Rarely that bad, but yesterday was a bit painful, to be honest. Sometimes the matchmaker will stick you with people that are still getting their feet wet for several hours…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: asher.1246

asher.1246

Sorry to break your buble, but if you lose matches it’s your fault. Nothing to do with the system.

in PvP

FrozenHeart.9243

Sorry to break your buble, but if you lose matches it’s your fault. Nothing to do with the system.

o that I agree but I also think a system should detect whether you’ve lost 10 games in row or not. Even if you’re the worst player in the game you should also be able to win some games here and there.

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

not true. If you read Evan Lash’s post, you’ll see that he’s constantly finding bugs with match making. You can be the best player in the world and get placed with 4 scrubs vs a solid team. Is it your fault that you can’t carry the dead weight? No.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

So you are a thief don’t you?

I feel ya.

I had a game where I was teamed with two thieves. I just sighed and waited for the game to end.

P.S. yes it was a blow out, we didn’t even make 100pts.

P.S.S. Please help thieves and warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why he removed his profession icon in the latest match history?
anyway, 20 games per day? that’s way too many matches.

i only played like 6 unranked arena matches yesterday night (gmt+8) from around 9pm to 11pm and i feel pretty tired after that. well, we were doing some pvp guild missions. we cleared all 4 pvp guild missions after the reset.

this week’s pvp guild missions are not that hard to complete.
we threw the 4 minutes match on temple though because we were running of out time for the 8k rank points pvp mission. our first game on foefire after the mission activated had a very long queue so we tried to end it fast by going after the lord. still took us 10 minutes 24 seconds though.

also, maybe stop playing thief and warrior until anet fixes them properly?
i was a warrior hotjoin hero, well, i’m still a hotjoin hero but now i play scrapper and reaper. only play in unranked when playing together with my casual pvp guild members.

the match making seems to be okay for us so far.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Are you playing Thief or Warrior by any chance?

I’ve been increasing my win rate on War using Berserker ;D

Thief will only go down for me since I won’t do much other than zerker p/p :p

in PvP

Posted by: Finalbreathe.5371

Finalbreathe.5371

Feel like it’s only you pwn them or they pwn you. No close match. I just do PvP for daily now then go to EB cuz Desert BL map is really bad.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Today was a bad day… I can’t express how frustrated I am. I think I’ve lost like 18 out of the 20 games I’ve played today. Now I don’t know if I just suck at this game but i don’t think a player should endure so many losses in a single day even if he sucks.

It has never been this bad pre-HoT. Feels like matchmaking is worse than ever….

Notice here I am not blaming my teammates but for the love of god let me win a game =/

If you truly want to succeed you must be more specific, what, how, why, when.. only then you can pintpoint what you must do differently and better.

Find a class that has a build with playstyle you like, look up guidies/utubes of how to play it’ Know that theres a vast difference in playing a thief/engi for ex vs a guardian or something more sustainy/tanky, start from the easiest. Know your role (expectations and what you arnt nec meant to do/achieve), know your skills (keybind them) and trait, know rotations/how to achieve whatever your role is like damage, be aware of sorroundings (use map, know where to be at all times to highten your teams chance).

You could also upload videos and have other people comment for feedback.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore