Getting really tired of meteor shower

in PvP

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

You know what ‘Glass Cannon’ means, right?

A thief will literally two shot an ele that is making that happen.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

lol ele op. Wha!

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

you heard it here first guys

in PvP

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

If the enemy ele is getting off Meteor Showers, it is your team’s fault for letting it happen. period.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

LOL, a long kitten channel with a clear tell on a class with a weaponset that makes them a sitting duck to thieves and warriors if their team doesn’t babysit them, is OP.

OK, OP, you clearly have got your priorities right.

in PvP

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

Satire? On a serious note though, you’re not glued to the point. You can’t leave it, murder someone, and go right back with little harm usually.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I like to do this as well on my full glass ele in spvp when im bored.
Try this in tournament and thiefs kitten you.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Tactu.4867

Tactu.4867

Who is the elementalist that used meteor shower on this guy ?

How dare you !

how dare you to use you only skill that does noticeable damage on a whole weapon set + build once every 30 sec while also channeling it for ~4 sec .

Go to your room ! You are not allowed to make your enemies use their brainz to do something to interrupt you , or get them out of their kitten comfort zone ( decap builds) . you are not allowed to do damage.

As a punishment , you will automatically get dishonorable when you use Meteor Shower!

//

This is just the beginning guys . On 15th April this forum will be flooded with thieves /others complaining and whining about stone heart . i bet they will find something to complain about Aquatic Benevolence too =))

giggle inside

SFR – lvl 80 Ornamentalist

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Who is the elementalist that used meteor shower on this guy ?

How dare you !

how dare you to use you only skill that does noticeable damage on a whole weapon set + build once every 30 sec while also channeling it for ~4 sec .

Go to your room ! You are not allowed to make your enemies use their brainz to do something to interrupt you , or get them out of their kitten comfort zone ( decap builds) . you are not allowed to do damage.

As a punishment , you will automatically get dishonorable when you use Meteor Shower!

//

This is just the beginning guys . On 15th April this forum will be flooded with thieves /others complaining and whining about stone heart . i bet they will find something to complain about Aquatic Benevolence too =))

giggle inside

Wow can you imagine if they had un-nerfed the beta damage for Ele in this patch as well…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

The meteor storm ele can come into the fight, sit back, and just unload.

can someone inform all of the thieves about this.
they don’t seem to have gotten the memo that they should just ignore us!

next time a thief kills my ele by clicking “3” twice i’ll let them know that they should let me “sit back and unload”.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

it is very strong, but staff ele has limited defense. i play staff ele occasionally and usual run each time someone so much as looks at me. but if left alone in my safe corner above mid teamfight – staff in fire turns the tide.

i wouldnt touch it for now, but keep an eye, especially as ele is getting goodies on apr 15.

in PvP

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

Meteor shower on its own is fun , but droppin that ice bow and using #4 on top of the meteor shower , that’s the fun stuff =)

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Ok, so I don’t post of these forums, but I came here just for one topic… the GC meteor shower ele. This skill is fine is PvE. It is fine in WvW. It will be fine in team deathmatch. It is not fine in a conquest game mode where the objective is to stand on a point.

The issue is when there is a group fight on a point. The meteor storm ele can come into the fight, sit back, and just unload. There should not be an AOE skill that does this much damage. Either reduce the damage, make it single target, reduce the duration, or increase the recharge. It is just out of balance right now.

Just get out of the way. It’s easy to avoid. The only issue is that I can never figure out where the AoE begins and ends.

It would be nice for it to have an outline on the ground like the other AoE spells.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Don’t mind the meteor shower as you can easily kill the squishi ele, but my problem is the aoe is large and doesn’t have a ring indicator on the ground. Sometimes you think you went out of the radius and still get hit.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

The red ring indicator is going to be added to meteor shower, probably with the April 15th patch (Allie said in February that a fix would be implemented for it).

This change should address most of the legitimate complaints regarding the skill. Personally I am excited that the change will remove the confusion caused by having allied/enemy meteor showers occurring simultaneously on the same area (hopefully the change will be sufficient to do so…but there may be so many red circles already that it will still be tough to distinguish).

I still think the tornado/meteor shower combo should be changed so that tornado does not boost the user’s base damage (modifying existing aoe such as meteor shower). However, tornado would need to be buffed so that it would be viable on its own.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

imo we need thunderstorm that does about half damage per attack, with more wider and faster attacks in air attunement as well lol.
staff ele’s are meant to cover big areas, in air the skills are just so useless.

edit: half thunderstorm damage compared to meteor storm damage.

(edited by Swagginator.3246)

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

imo we need thunderstorm that does about half damage per attack, with more wider and faster attacks in air attunement as well lol.
staff ele’s are meant to cover big areas, in air the skills are just so useless.

I kinda wish that Glyph of Storms was good at all. It’s a cool skill, but it and its family don’t seem very practical to actually use.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Area denial skills have no place in area control games! harumph harumph!

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in PvP

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I don’t even know on what universe I’m currently browsing the web on. Someone calling staff ele OP in tpvp, feels like entering the twilight zone.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think he means its OP when used right:

1. Get on your glass-cannon ele and win the first team-fight single-handedly by casting meteor shower from a “safe” position (works REALLY well in soloQ).
2. Proceed to try again, but get instagibbed by a thief on respawn.
3. Quickly hit “escape” then “log out”
4. Swap to another profession/build that won’t just feed the other team points via thief.
5…profit? (if you are good at the other profession).

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

LETS THE ELE QQ BEGING!!

Meteor shower is OP Tho! specially if you have over 200% luck

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Oh, and saying that there is one counter to this… a thief is also bad. There shouldn’t just be one counter to a spec. That is especially true in solo queue where you are not guaranteed to have that one counter.

in PvP

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

The only thing OP about Meteor Shower is the lack of AoE circle. I haven’t played staff ele since launch so I don’t know the rough size, not to mention if you don’t see the ele you eat 2-3 hits due to no AoE circle, unlike every other skill.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

Ok, so I don’t post of these forums, but I came here just for one topic… the GC meteor shower ele. This skill is fine is PvE. It is fine in WvW. It will be fine in team deathmatch. It is not fine in a conquest game mode where the objective is to stand on a point.

The issue is when there is a group fight on a point. The meteor storm ele can come into the fight, sit back, and just unload. There should not be an AOE skill that does this much damage. Either reduce the damage, make it single target, reduce the duration, or increase the recharge. It is just out of balance right now.

Just get out of the way. It’s easy to avoid. The only issue is that I can never figure out where the AoE begins and ends.

It would be nice for it to have an outline on the ground like the other AoE spells.

Definitely agree. It’s difficult to discern when the damage will land with the current animation. However, you can dodge twice and miss the majority of the damage, if you have even a single Aegis available, it basically makes the damage negligible. Really, the only roles that should worry about how to avoid the damage from MS are bunkers (who should have blocks and aegis available anyway), everyone else should simply walk out of the range of the AoE. (Cycling on and off point, kiting through the bunker’s support.)

CC is pretty great vs. ledge Eles, as well. Scorpion Wire, Shield of Absorption, Into the Void, Spectral Grasp, Magnet and Throw Mine in particular.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]