Getting stuck with the same bad players

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Solo Q gripe here….

I’ve played 10 or so matches trying to break through the barrier at the end of sapphire into ruby….

…and i am continuously getting matched with some combination of the same 3 bad players.

Can we please do something about this?

Is the game that dead at this time of day to the point where I can’t get matched with a different team once in a while?

These people end the matches with 0-10 ps (and yes i know ps doesnt reflect contribution) and a whole bunch of deaths…. since they just throw themselves at the enemy and die over and over and over and over.

No concept of rotations whatsoever…. no concept of team play or strategy….. just feeding the enemy team score… running less than optimal builds…

Maybe allow our block list to function as a blacklist to exclude people like this who clearly have no concept of how to pvp from showing up on our teams?

Why does the system allow players to be haunted by bad players?

…and why should our success be determined by whether or not you have an anchor weighing your team down?

in PvP

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It sounds like you’re asking for the wrong thing.

If they’re that bad, how did they get up in the higher ranks? If they’re that bad, why aren’t they dropping out of the rank they’re in into a lower ranking? If they are low level players getting into high level ranks, then maybe that needs to be looked into.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Play a game, grab the one guy who’s halfway decent, queue up together.

If you win, no problem.
If you lose, grab the one guy who’s halfway decent, queue up together.

Repeat.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Check out the PvP forum and it will all become clear to you. It’s not that the guys on your team are all crap, it’s more the fact you are being used as fodder to quickly advance the top players to their glory. It’s just a bad break…..

I am in the same spot. I know I was an average to good PvPer before Season 1 hit and would get a lot more balanced matches. Sadly since I was not here for season 1 (due to computer dying) the game now classes me as super bad so like a lot of people I am getting streaks of 10-20 losses without any wins.

I am going back to unranked until this is sorted out and all the elite super high end players and premade teams of 4 [insert cheese build/class here] (sort of an abuse/exploit if you ask me) have moved ahead to their deserved spot. Because then and only then all the bad, average and even good players (or as the elite would say “noobs” who need to “get good”) are left to just face themselves to be finally able to be judged correctly/fairly by the game and then put where they belong/deserve.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Check out the PvP forum and it will all become clear to you. It’s not that the guys on your team are all crap, it’s more the fact you are being used as fodder to quickly advance the top players to their glory. It’s just a bad break…..

I am in the same spot. I know I was an average to good PvPer before Season 1 hit and would get a lot more balanced matches. Sadly since I was not here for season 1 (due to computer dying) the game now classes me as as super bad so like a lot of people I am getting streaks of 10-20 losses without any wins.

I am going back to unranked until this is sorted out and all the elite super high end players and premade teams of 4 [insert cheese build/class here] (sort of an abuse/exploit if you ask me) have moved ahead to their deserved spot. Because then and only then all the bad, average and even good players or as the elite would say “noobs” who need to “get good” are left to just face themselves to be finally able to be judged correctly/fairly by the game and then put where they belong/deserve.

what does any of that have to do with the fact that these players (whom I’ve had on my team multiple times now) would literally be more useful disconnected from the game than alive and giving the enemy team score?

I’m aware of the quick progressing thing….. I lost maybe 3 games all the way up to the last bracket of sapphire…. and now I’m losing game after game after game because I’m getting stuck with different combinations of the same 3 or so bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Amber and low Emerald are the worse (unless you get lucky and get super easy opponents). The reason is obvious, there is no penalty for losing in Amber and players can get to Emerald without any clue how to play PVP, just spam those buttons and do enough games and you will reach Emerald. I guess you can reach Sapphire or even Ruby by just playing a lot of games. That final stretch of Sapphire and the final stretch of Emerald will probably be the worse ever since many “bad players” will be stuck there.

It’s at Ruby that I think matches will get better, although I’m still a long way from there.

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I am in the same spot. I know I was an average to good PvPer before Season 1 hit and would get a lot more balanced matches. Sadly since I was not here for season 1 (due to computer dying) the game now classes me as as super bad so like a lot of people I am getting streaks of 10-20 losses without any wins.

I am going back to unranked until this is sorted out and all the elite super high end players and premade teams of 4 [insert cheese build/class here] (sort of an abuse/exploit if you ask me) have moved ahead to their deserved spot. Because then and only then all the bad, average and even good players or as the elite would say “noobs” who need to “get good” are left to just face themselves to be finally able to be judged correctly/fairly by the game and then put where they belong/deserve.

what does any of that have to do with the fact that these players (whom I’ve had on my team multiple times now) would literally be more useful disconnected from the game than alive and giving the enemy team score?

I’m aware of the quick progressing thing….. I lost maybe 3 games all the way up to the last bracket of sapphire…. and now I’m losing game after game after game because I’m getting stuck with different combinations of the same 3 or so bad players.

What I am saying is the game for whatever reason NOW (possibly all of a sudden) classes you as “bad” as these other “bad players” that you are with. So until all of the other players who you may indeed be as good as; which the game “thinks” or “classes” as better than you move on up, then and only THEN will the game correctly judge you and place you where you need to be.

It is what it is. Only way I can explain it is that the new system is “learning” as it goes through it’s motions who the bad, average, good and very good players are.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?