Ghost Thief in PvP

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

What are your thoughts on Ghost Thief in PvP?

Personally I think it’s great on far to troll 2-3 people, also makes for a good combat medic.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Kills people in low and mid skill levels. kitten annoying, but ineffective at higher skill levels.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Pretty funny to play against if you run necro. I’m sure anything with taunt too. Maybe the runes make them better in WvW, but they can’t do much while invisible in conquest and die quick.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Must just be golds and lower but I’m having a lot of success with Ghost thief…. Getting 17/0 most games and easily keeping 2-3 on a point, even had someone tell me to take my trash build back to WvW and stop ruining PvP lol

(sage trapper)

….. And Elementalist.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: qazone.1062

qazone.1062

Still better then meta thief dying all day. I would rather have one of those thieves with perma stealth putting this annoying traps then thief who is always dead with power meta build.
Good build until mid-gold division. Lower skill cap then normal meta thief imo.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I fought one in a match a week ago. It annoyed my team a bit but it couldn’t stand on point with all the other damage. It also wasn’t perma stealth at a few points so I did get the chance to spike it down a bit.

It tried to kill me (thief) and failed every time. Decent condi clear equals you can ignore it. There just isn’t enough pressure. DB thief puts up more of a fight and could use the same traps as ghost thief does to do damage.

Perma stealth takes initiative and thief can’t be mobile without it. Thief mobility is what the class brings most of to a match but ghost thief is slow because it doesn’t take elite spec and spends all its energy on staying invisible—in a game mode that requires visibility.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I rarley play thief but i use a high mobile trap thief with trapper rune. You don´t defend a point as thief, you decap and +1. The traps are here to disengage or kite… I also do it with P/P and shortbow. Never stay close in a fight to get cought in AOE´s … Shoot and run and watch out for reflection … Funny is i can kill DH´s. Kite them and can even penetrate blocks with basi venom …But well it´s not a ghost thief…

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

saerni.2584

I run P/D, so similar to yours in terms of ranged pressure. Ghost thief can’t really do that and has to end up on point at some moment to drop traps. DH would hard counter the build with its own traps I’d imagine. That or a condi ranger using that spike trap.

Really if anyone has a video of ghost thief winning a match I’d like to see it.

Thief (Daredevil)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

I run P/D, so similar to yours in terms of ranged pressure. Ghost thief can’t really do that and has to end up on point at some moment to drop traps. DH would hard counter the build with its own traps I’d imagine. That or a condi ranger using that spike trap.

Really if anyone has a video of ghost thief winning a match I’d like to see it.

These are some one of my latest ones… Once I have my modem I’ll be able to upload some videos…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVlsMh2mYzTw7Jw+EHIFl+JPhFj3ABwC4fhbY+A-TpA7gAA7PgWGAA is the build. Sage trapper. (only 2 traps tho lol)

2x Immob in the caltrops, let AI dish out some damage while you wait in stealth then shadow shot spam when they’re low. Sometimes if you’re lucky they don’t bother and give a free point instead.

Attachments:

….. And Elementalist.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

yea and you said it. It´s about saving Ini. Ini is for three skills in my build.

Unload, headshot for damage and shadow shot to move. Move to a point where a teammate is fighting, unlaod and headshot (pul impact traited) and move on. Don´t step on point. This shoud usually win the fight. If I am not shure I can unload a second time and then move on.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

saerni.2584

How does the build perform role wise?

Thief (Daredevil)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

How does the build perform role wise?

I’m not sure, I’m the worst thief ever until I played this build. (and im still bad)

Role wise I’m not sure: It’s good for mobility, ganks, trolling, killing and rezzing but outside of that I’m not sure.

I think I’m being useful if I keep far decapped or have 3 on far with me, I’m pretty sure that’s what I’m meant to do as a thief besides the +1 gig.

….. And Elementalist.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

saerni.2584

Any thief should be able to keep far decapped if no one is on it so that is less important imo. If they are trying to 3v1 you then that is good because they have let you manipulate them, well done :-D. The risk you face is one stays and the others just leave to help their team.

When it comes to killing do you always stay completely invisible or do you often come out of stealth to kill them? I think my reservations with the build have more to do with thinking it stays in stealth 100%. I just can’t imagine 100% uptime being helpful. If you are more like 75% uptime then the build starts to look more effective in my mind.

Thief (Daredevil)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Any thief should be able to keep far decapped if no one is on it so that is less important imo. If they are trying to 3v1 you then that is good because they have let you manipulate them, well done :-D. The risk you face is one stays and the others just leave to help their team.

When it comes to killing do you always stay completely invisible or do you often come out of stealth to kill them? I think my reservations with the build have more to do with thinking it stays in stealth 100%. I just can’t imagine 100% uptime being helpful. If you are more like 75% uptime then the build starts to look more effective in my mind.

No it’s not 100% stealth although you could if you want (I do against necros to avoid the condi transfer)… I get people low with traps, caltrops, AI and confusion and then start Shadow Shot / Heartseeker spamming once they are low.

So about 90% of the time I’m stealthed.

You should give it a shot

….. And Elementalist.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Must just be golds and lower but I’m having a lot of success with Ghost thief…. Getting 17/0 most games and easily keeping 2-3 on a point, even had someone tell me to take my trash build back to WvW and stop ruining PvP lol

(sage trapper)

They must be dumb because one person could deal with you keeping the point there color indefinitely since your mostly stealthed not sure why three people would worry about you. Also powerful aoe doesnt need to see you to kitten you. Sounds like something that works against bads. Is this really a thing I played about 40 games this weekend I didn’t see it once I am far from a pro was mostly in the 1550 range MMR wise for most of the games. (sometimes a little lower or higher).

(edited by steelheart.7386)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

saerni.2584

Now for the harder question:

What is it that kills you most often?

Thief (Daredevil)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Now for the harder question:

What is it that kills you most often?

So far in total I’ve died 6 times….

Faced a longbow Druid in one match and he was easy, next game I faced him again but he equipped “Sic Em”…. He gave me 3 of my deaths….

Otherwise I’ve died twice to a Necro, lucky freeze bomb let him know where to nuke his marks and transfers and the other death was from a DH knockback on hammer platform :/

They must be dumb because one person could deal with you keeping the point there color indefinitely since your mostly stealthed not sure why three people would worry about you. Also powerful aoe doesnt need to see you to kitten you. Sounds like something that works against bads. Is this really a thing I played about 40 games this weekend I didn’t see it once I am far from a pro was mostly in the 1550 range MMR wise for most of the games. (sometimes a little lower or higher).

The whole point of the build was to just troll far but it’s working better than expected.
At your level I don’t see this working simply because at my level I can run a Diviner Spirit Ranger and still be successful, even a Marauder Lightning Rod D/D Ele with Surging Runes is successful here….1300-1400 range….

….. And Elementalist.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

saerni.2584

How is your damage and kills? Top stats generally?

Thief (Daredevil)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

How is your damage and kills? Top stats generally?

You should try it

….. And Elementalist.

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

saerni.2584

Too used to my play style for that :p

Also I don’t get as much time to play as I used to. Only benefit of long commutes is time to type on forums.

If you are NA would like to see the build in action though

Thief (Daredevil)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Well just for curiosity.

Made to anoy, survive and be mobile. It actually plays it´s thief role well…. Maybe i dig it out and try a bit more …. Not so happy with amulet but destroyer, viper or sinister is so squishy …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhenYbTwsJw/EL8E28B8BWB9OCZhqg2Z6HEAA-TpBFABA8AA+vMA27PswhAghjAgAnAAA

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: epic.2476

epic.2476

Sorry for being noob, but, how can you keep a point with 2-3 with ghost thief?? If you are the most time invisible, they cap the point. So if they stay 2 or 3 in a caped point against a thief, only i can think is that you are playing bronce or against noob people.

or i’m the noob that is not uniderstanding??? (i really ask)

PD: sorry the bad english

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Thats a main reason why it´s bad in PvP ^^. You can´t kill fast and can´t cap/decap if defended. You just anoy …

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: epic.2476

epic.2476

Thats a main reason why it´s bad in PvP ^^. You can´t kill fast and can´t cap/decap if defended. You just anoy …

Ok, ty =)

Ghost Thief in PvP

in PvP

sephiroth.4217

Too used to my play style for that :p

Also I don’t get as much time to play as I used to. Only benefit of long commutes is time to type on forums.

If you are NA would like to see the build in action though

I am NA but I’m Aussie, I’ll add ya to friends once I get home. I get that too, I haven’t really touched thief in a few years but I used to play a berserker signet D/D build but for the last few years I’ve been using phone wifi hotspot for net and Thief is a class I can’t play with 400+ ping, those CnD’s are almost impossible….

Ok, ty =)

It’s purely to annoy and to make it a 4v2 across the other 2 capture points.

If it’s 1v1 you can kill pretty quickly but you just gotta remember to destealth yourself just before you stomp. Also the Caltrops skill is large enough to cover point so if your enemy sits on point then they’re only going to die.

….. And Elementalist.