Gift of Battle Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Doom Blaze.6749

Doom Blaze.6749

I am requesting that the Gift of Battle Reward Track be added to PvP. That’s it nice and simple.
If you agree plz reply saying so. If you don’t agree plz reply and say why.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It’s suppose to be an item you can only get from WvW.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It’s not exactly hard to get either. Been in wvw twice now for about 3-4 hours each time with guild buff and boost and i’m 3/4 done.

in PvP

Posted by: Doom Blaze.6749

Doom Blaze.6749

6-8 hours of WvW to finish the track. That’s way more time than I and many others want to put into WvW. And its called the Gift of Battle not the Gift of WvW. So I see no reason to not put it into PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

6-8 hours of WvW to finish the track. That’s way more time than I and many others want to put into WvW. And its called the Gift of Battle not the Gift of WvW. So I see no reason to not put it into PvP.

And how many hours are you putting into PvE to get your legendary?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

seeing how the subject isnt related to pve.but nice deflection. next your going to complain about how wvwers have to pve. cuz thats the main focus of the game right? wvw?

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

seeing how the subject isnt related to pve.but nice deflection. next your going to complain about how wvwers have to pve. cuz thats the main focus of the game right? wvw?

>accused of deflection
>you immediately deflect in the exact same way

sure m8

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

abaddon.3290

>accused of deflection
>you immediately deflect in the exact same way

sure m8

i wasnt deflecting. im just continuing with that im willing to bet you were going to complain about. you have yet to make a reasonable point worth deflecting.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

The point of WvW is to get people into the game mode. PvP already has that with the achieves for ROTC and colisieum, as well as our own PvP legendary. Its perfectly fine to do 4-8 hours of a game mode when the PvE people had to put a few months into getting th PvP backpack

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

WvW reward tracks do take too long. It’s a longer game mode, but people still have lives outside of the game and it’s not there’s a subscription that gives Anet a good reason to make everything take forever to do.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

-1 the gift of battle is supposed to make you play WvW
I think you can afford to play those ~8 hours in WvW

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

-1 the gift of battle is supposed to make you play WvW
I think you can afford to play those ~8 hours in WvW

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

QQ

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I think pvp achievements should be added to WvW, because I don’t want to do pvp but I’m an AP farmer.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

I think pvp achievements should be added to WvW, because I don’t want to do pvp but I’m an AP farmer.

you can earn ap in wvw. can you earn gift of battle in pvp? no i have the gift of battle. i almost have my second one. doesnt mean wvw isnt boring as all hell.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

you can earn ap in wvw. can you earn gift of battle in pvp? no i have the gift of battle. i almost have my second one. doesnt mean wvw isnt boring as all hell.

You can earn Legendary wings in pvp. Can you earn legendary wings in WvW? No. I have my wings but doesn’t mean it’s wasnt boring /crap do to MM.

/sarcasm

#Fueltherageposts

Serious note, every game mode has items/mats exclusive to them, this is fine it allows people to branch out if they want something, 4-8 hrs isn’t all that much time to unlock something from a reward track you can spread it out over a week if need be, he’ll you can even semi Afk once participation is built up which takes less than 10 minutes to accomplish all you have to do is do something to maintain the participation, not saying that’s the right thing to do since it is the most boring way to gain the participation but is extremely viable.

in PvP

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I do wish we had the Gift of battle in PvP, but it is just because I’m not that into WvW.
But, I can also live without a legendary, soooo yeah.

in PvP

Posted by: Tatsuya.9071

Tatsuya.9071

Would be nice to have it in PvP. Maybe make it require more games XP to obtain compare to normal tracks? Since it is a gift for legendary.

in PvP

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Original idea of legendary weapons was to have players go through all parts of the game. If it’s too bad for your health, then don’t make one. :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in PvP

abaddon.3290

Original idea of legendary weapons was to have players go through all parts of the game. If it’s too bad for your health, then don’t make one. :/

so where is the spvp requirement to get a legendary?

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

so where is the spvp requirement to get a legendary?

There used to be none.
New legendaries now require gift of glory which is a PvP thing although you can buy it through TP cheap.

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I don’t see any harm in it. WvW is enjoyable to me and recently all my trips to spvp have been a toxic and unenjoyable mistake. If people would rather subject themselves to that than wvw, I say let them.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

If people would rather not spend the 6-8 hours doing WvW there is a way to get it spending a very small amount of time each day. The dailys give potions of reward track progress.
Master of Monuments takes a few seconds if no enemy player interferes, they do occasionally when I’m in a monument but I can think of more times I’ve got it no bother than been attacked.
Mist Guard Killer. Kill 5 guards, I usually combine this with Camp Capturer, 5 guards in the first camp. Or the two guards outside an enemy tower, one at control points. 5 enemy guards can be found and killed pretty quickly.
Land Claimer. Kill a guard and take his control point, pretty quick if nobody interferes.
Caravan Disrupter, kill an enemy Dolyak. Either roaming or in a camp, like the guard killer one I usually get it while taking a camp.
Veteran Creature Killer, there are veteran creatures pretty near spawn points.
Big Spender, If you have 25 badges of honour you can spend them and get the daily. a potion and you get 10 of the badges back in the chest.
If your lucky in the time you are doing this you might come across another player or party doing a bit more in WvW and join them taking camps or a tower.
A total of 80 potions would unlock a complete reward track. Check the WvW dailys, a few minutes in WvW you could probably get the ones I listed. That method is only really a drag if you have absolutely everything you need apart from the Gift of Battle.
As for adding it to PvP, well it has always been an item you need to play WvW to obtain. Just now it is a reward track item for WvW instead of bought for badges of honour.

(edited by Sinmir.6504)

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

sure lets completely kill wvw

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

It’s good as it is. Going for incinerator was what introduced me to WvW last september. Before that I was doing a bit of pve and a lot of pvp. I decided to try WvW seriously to get the memories of combats and the gift of battle, I joined a guild, got on TS.

Now I have my mats, I’m still doing pvp as my main occupation, but I join my WvW guild on a regular basis.

I think a few cross game mode objects are a good thing.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]