Give a small cooldown to stealth attacks

in PvP

Posted by: Rance Webster.2635

Rance Webster.2635

Ok guys, here me out – there are many people complaining that thiefs can just spam their stealth skills until it hits, and if you implement it so that blocking it reveals thiefs, they’ll complain they’ll be outmatched constantly against aegis users (while at the same time, punishes other players that don’t use block as their way of defense), so I thought… what about just giving a small cooldown on stealth skills, so that they won’t be spammable while on stealth – the cooldown should be minor so that the thief won’t be unable to use it when he goes on stealth again, yet big enough so that he won’t be able to spam it during stealth. (Or, just make the cooldown disappear whenever he goes out of stealth)

That way, everyone will be able to counter-play it, either by evading when they believe the thief will attack, blocking, and other ways people use to defend themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

so like a 5 cool down, and basically if you block their backstab, then they can’t use but agaian for 5s, umm great idea tbh

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

They still have their other skills to use though, so if someone uses aegis they can break through (but the moment the aegis would drop, it’ll be a sign to dodge)

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I suggest we make backstab break thru blocks and aegis. Problem solved and a small buff to the most nerfed class in the game.

Honestly, it’s fine the way it is now.

Just another noob thief…

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

and they would have to waste initiative, a decent penalty for such advantage.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinnoda.2569

Sinnoda.2569

+1 to this.

15 char

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

I suggest we make backstab break thru blocks and aegis. Problem solved and a small buff to the most nerfed class in the game.

Honestly, it’s fine the way it is now.

Oh no, no break through blocks :O, I suggested it so that every type of defense, whether it will be the simple dodge, or even aegis, will be useful against stealth attacks.

Heck, just use another skill instead of the stealth attack to eliminate aegis and then use your stealth attack, or… don’t go stealth right on start, attack a bit to take out the aegis, THEN go stealth and backstab :P

in PvP

swinsk.6410

Dodging/blocking/aegis is already very useful against stealth attacks. This is coming from full time thief.

If you played one you would understand why your suggestion would hurt our class too much.

It would have the same impact to your class as of allowing backstab to go through blocks/aegis.

This is a terrible idea. Current inplentation favors neither class and this is balanced.

Just another noob thief…

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

It is not reasonable to do such a change with the current state of the thief. Plain and simple. Given how changes are done, it probably never will be.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

… Explain to me, how can you constantly dodge stealth attacks if you can spam them? all I am saying is a small cooldown to stealth attacks so that they won’t get spammed at, so if for example someone manages to evade against something that, well… he can’t even see, then congrats for him, he shouldn’t be punished by the manner of it being useless.
Don’t forget you still got your other skills to use so that the stealth attacks won’t go on cooldown to take down aegis, so currently, your only argument, is that you want to keep your ability to just spam it without needing to time it with the proper skill a thief should have, and let’s be honest here – it’s not like the opponent can see you getting closer, or from which direction.

Also, I may not be playing a thief in PvP because I don’t like to rely on stealth too much, I had my fair share of battles against them in Tpvp, and I know how hard it is to try and dodge something you can’t see coming, but to only go and dodge when you feel like he is about to strike.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Also, I may not be playing a thief in PvP because I don’t like to rely on stealth too much, I had my fair share of battles against them in Tpvp, and I know how hard it is to try and dodge something you can’t see coming, but to only go and dodge when you feel like he is about to strike.

Then Play P/P, S/P, Or Shortbow cheeky thing you.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

Then Play P/P, S/P, Or Shortbow cheeky thing you.

I actually tried P/P + S/P, made my own build… which failed so badly I didn’t even want to touch my thief anymore XD

Don’t use that as an excuse that the thief is a nerfed class that needs buffs and thus doesn’t need this idea please, that was just me being not a good player with a thief, and doesn’t know how the thief works yet, I only had about 4-5 Spvp matches with him XD

in PvP

swinsk.6410

… Explain to me, how can you constantly dodge stealth attacks if you can spam them? all I am saying is a small cooldown to stealth attacks so that they won’t get spammed at, so if for example someone manages to evade against something that, well… he can’t even see, then congrats for him, he shouldn’t be punished by the manner of it being useless.
Don’t forget you still got your other skills to use so that the stealth attacks won’t go on cooldown to take down aegis, so currently, your only argument, is that you want to keep your ability to just spam it without needing to time it with the proper skill a thief should have, and let’s be honest here – it’s not like the opponent can see you getting closer, or from which direction.

L2p. There is already a small cool down on stealth attacks. It’s a 1st or .5s cast time. I forget the exact number but there is a small cd on it.

5s, your suggestion, is not a small cd. In fact that’s huge.

We don’t use stealth to hit you with headshot. We use it for stealth attacks. You can still dodge and block and aegis them. You just need to learn to manage those abilities a little better. I get plenty of failed bursts from these abilities already.

Worst is when I pop my basi/signet right before a guard pops aegis or someone blocks. Those abilities become a waste then.

Stop pushing this issue because its already balanced.

Just another noob thief…

in PvP

Rance Webster.2635

Actually… it starts to sound like you just aren’t that good with a thief O_O failing to hit on dodges?

“Worst is when I pop my basi/signet right before a guardian pops aegis or someone blocks those abilities…” Guess what? that is how burst damage goes, you have to make sure you’ll hit them afterall, such as when I used a greatsword build, I waited my opponent would waste his dodges, and took down his aegis, before I’ll go for bull’s charge.

Which puts us back to the ability to spam your burst skill, which by the way, what you are saying isn’t a cooldown… that’s the duration time of how long until the animation finishes for the attack to be done… which means that EXACTLY after one is finished, you can use another, and I noticed that most of them are 1/4 of a second, unless pistol who’s duration is a whole second because you shoot rapidly…

Let’s assume that you have just 1 second of stealth with MH dagger after you positioned yourself… that is about four backstabs right there.

in PvP

Posted by: Archer Henchman.2534

Archer Henchman.2534

Backstab has a full cast time of 1 second if you combine the pre and post-cast animations.

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Or you can do the smart thing and unveil the Thief on a failed stealth attack like any decent PvP game would do. Failed being: Miss, Evaded (aka dodged or skill dodge), Blocked, Invulnerable State, Out of Range.