Give us a Solo Que Playlist

in PvP

Posted by: SliEagle.9062

SliEagle.9062

Seriously, I am so tired of getting matched against pre-made 4/5 mans while playing solo. Give us a kitten checkmark to play a solo que match. There will always be solo que players and the matches would fill fine.

It is simple, “So and So’s que preference: Solo” or "So and So’s que preference “Team or Solo”.

It is getting very frustrating to be forced to play with others in any hopes of gaining any pips. I Have played 15 matches today, won 8, lost 7, and still in the same tier that I started in. ALL SOLO QUE. I would say that 4 of those losses were against a pre-made. Given that I probably would of still lost at least 1 of those if there we solo, a 11-5 record would be better. Hell 10-6 would be great.

We (MANY PLAYERS) are stuck in the turmoil of winning a few, losing a few, based on the 50/50 matchmaking. I am all for 50/50 matchmaking, but we also have a reward system (pips) that does not fit that matchmaking model.

It seems that Anet jumbled a bunch of ideas (50/50 matchmaking, mmr matchmaking, and pips all into one) and it looks and plays horribly.

Would love to hear others opinions since the chance of Anet response is minimal at best.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I agree. ANET did mention that it was “considering” a Solo / Duo queue for S5. I hope they make that happen.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: SliEagle.9062

SliEagle.9062

For sure, getting real tired of being punished because I prefer to play solo.

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Let me tell you something about most solo players:

1) They have post-it notes covering their maps.
2) They can’t read fights
3) They don’t know who to focus despite having a target over their heads
4) They don’t know when to leave a fight that is won
5) They don’t know when to leave a fight that will end up as a loss
6) They don’t know how to read chat
7) They don’t know how to stomp
8) They don’t know how to effectively res
9) They don’t rotate well at all
10) They don’t know how to capture beasts (Forest map)
11) They don’t know what Stillness/Tranquilty is (Temple)
12) They don’t know that rushing Lord at start is a poor choice compared to 2/3 point holds (Foefire)

Anything else to clarify how the majority of solo players are downright kittens?
Amber, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond, Legendary…most solo players in any division are absolutely worse than versing full premades.

If you think you are a good solo player and fall short on any of those points even in the tinest bit, you aren’t a good solo player. No matter what class you play, you have to have a good grasp on all those concepts…zero excuses.

Also, Anet, your 50% system blows…and why it really starts taking effect in Diamond/Legendary is beyond me. I’m probably never going to play PvP after this season. Good players shouldn’t have to carry the absolute worst. Good players should be with good players versing good players (rather lose against good players with the company of good players, this is talking about solo queue’s matchmaking). Bad players should be with bad players until they figure out that each one of them are bad for a reason. There should be no hand holding for people who don’t want to improve themselves or refuse to realize they are the issue.

(edited by LUST.7241)

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

12) They don’t know that rushing Lord at start is a poor choice compared to 2/3 point holds (Foefire)

Anything else to clarify how the majority of solo players are downright kittens?
Amber, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond, Legendary…most solo players in any division are absolutely worse than versing full premades.

If you think you are a good solo player and fall short on any of those points even in the tinest bit, you aren’t a good solo player. No matter what class you play, you have to have a good grasp on all those concepts…zero excuses.

Also, Anet, your 50% system blows…and why it really starts taking effect in Diamond/Legendary is beyond me. I’m probably never going to play PvP after this season. Good players shouldn’t have to carry the absolute worst. Good players should be with good players versing good players (rather lose against good players with the company of good players, this is talking about solo queue’s matchmaking). Bad players should be with bad players until they figure out that each one of them are bad for a reason. There should be no hand holding for people who don’t want to improve themselves or refuse to realize they are the issue.

And what exactly are you trying to imply? You basically just support the OP’s claim. In fact, I don’t give that much care if I am Amber or Legendary. I just want to have a good time while PvP-ing. Facing a premade as a bunch of solos is not fun. If you want to call me a bad, so be it. I am a bad. I want to play vs. other bads and not skilled premades. How is it that asking for a hand holding?

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

And what exactly are you trying to imply? You basically just support the OP’s claim. In fact, I don’t give that much care if I am Amber or Legendary. I just want to have a good time while PvP-ing. Facing a premade as a bunch of solos is not fun. If you want to call me a bad, so be it. I am a bad. I want to play vs. other bads and not skilled premades. How is it that asking for a hand holding?

Was I aiming to disagree with OP’s claim? No.
My point is that there are solo players who assume they aren’t the problem and it’s just the team…but they don’t want to see why it’s not just the team. These types of players fix will not solo queue (if separated). They’ll just add another layer of problems.

And yes, I am not refuting the whole solos v premades. I’m advocating for a system that accurately puts players like you with other players like you, INSTEAD of giving you a hard time with serious players who are ridiculous toxic against those who are in your position. I want players to have a good time, good matches, close matches, etc.

Right now the system encourages harassment…that’s a problem! You aren’t asking for hand-holding, but the system is assuming you are. It’s not your fault. This causes stress all skill levels.