Give us a complete overview of balancepatch?

in PvP

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Hello dear reader,

I come to you today to suggest something that has been bugging me for quite a while.

Why would Arena.net not post a preview balance patch before it hits? So people can start theorycrafting and anet can try to fix the biggest complaints thatll be incomming post-patch?

Sure, you might say it would be useless unless you play it. And allot of people will complain about stuff thats potentially brilliant. But as an avid theorycrafter myself, i know how valuable this information can be.

Generally speaking Arena.net likes to have there preview blog posts. Where half of the new balancing acts are portrayed upon. Like a teaser, but no actuall information to what might become good or not.

I have seen it allot that most posted balance changes seem too good to be true, but then at the very last seconds and itterations, they manage to royally break something, that seemed like a small buff or nerf, but generally changes the entire game and meta.

So here i am trying to ask you arena.net. Why not follow through on your first itteration of a preview to showcasing the entire balance patch a day before it lands?

To me it would give me the insights on what might be playable, People could start tinkering builds overnight because the patch hasnt hit yet, wich would result in a far more indepth build. Wich could literally make the ‘new’ meta appear from day one. Due to the thought that went into it.

I personally would like this very much. Seeing as when the patch arrives i’d want to queue up as soon as possible, because yes, im excited about it.

Just food for thought. Gimme your ideas on what you’d think about this.

(edited by ErazorZ.5209)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I’m actually quite surprised aswel. They normally always put up a balancenote first with numbers but now..

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Either they hope its enough and want to pleasantly surprised, it hasn’t crossed their minds to do so, or their terrified of community backlash. In all scenarios, it won’t come.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Wow Serious, we agree. I rather think it’s the latter.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I would very much prefer even a rough list of all the changes expected in the balance patch over the weird teaser-blog-thing and rushed twitch presentation that we got. We can’t really analyze and critique when we aren’t sure of the extent of the changes, which makes it hard to give feedback until after the patch is live.

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

I would very much prefer even a rough list of all the changes expected in the balance patch over the weird teaser-blog-thing and rushed twitch presentation that we got. We can’t really analyze and critique when we aren’t sure of the extent of the changes, which makes it hard to give feedback until after the patch is live.

Indeed.

in PvP

ErazorZ.5209

But i wonder about the community backlash. I mean think about it, its going to be introduced regardless in that state. Wheter they first put a patch note with all changes or not. If theres a backlash from the community, you wont avoid it that way. Lol.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think ANET knows their next balance patch will be a fail and is trying to hide it as long as possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Wow Serious, we agree. I rather think it’s the latter.

When I’m not trolling, people tend to agree. And ignore, because the truth hurts.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

When is it going to be released, this tuesday?

in PvP

ErazorZ.5209

When is it going to be released, this tuesday?

The 26th so yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Barosmare.2196

Barosmare.2196

Anet is as transparent as a sack of door knobs.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Anet is as transparent as a sack of door knobs.

If the bag holding the doorknobs is transparent and depending on the size and shape of the doorknobs, you could end up with a bag of doorknobs that can be easily seen through. However, the bag in question is quite opaque.