Give us back the /rank emote

in PvP

Posted by: Project Shrine Maiden.9623

Project Shrine Maiden.9623

/rank command for pvp. Anet. will this be coming in the future? because seriously, forget gear cosmetics and everything else. if i can /rank spam people i will be eternally happy. and by eternally i mean as long as i play this game. so yeah, /rank is a good thing DO ITTTTTTTTTT

Team Shanghai Alice

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I did enjoy /rank in gw1, meant you could never get a group for HA if you joined the game later. LFG Rank 6 or above, sorry, you can’t join, your only rank 3. Thanks a lot bro, only way to get fame is HA so guess I’m stuck with the npcs.

Would probably not matter in this game seeing as though its just farm glory to gain rank, and he who has the most grated face is the one with the best emote. Rank 100 should reward a cheese greater helm, with blood poring out of the holes. As you pass 100 more blood pours out and when you remove your mask, you dont have a face, just a skull. Rank 200 greats the skull

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

rank and QP currently mean nothing but time played, so i see no point in them wasting time adding this until they add ranks that actually represent skill.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

rank and QP currently mean nothing but time played, so i see no point in them wasting time adding this until they add ranks that actually represent skill.

Exactly.

in PvP

Posted by: Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

Darkmoon Mist Raven.5913

Exactly.

You guys seriously think it meant something else than time played in GW1 ? i mean, for those farming for the tiger and such.

what i would like, other than the /rank, is an option i wanted from GW1 : let you choose which animal you want to spam.

wtb my deer back !

in PvP

Posted by: kapOow.3780

kapOow.3780

/sign

the /rank emote was great …
while we still have our fiishers, they are too situational, want to /fame spam the mists =)

Ka Pow (Rank 4x Engineer)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Everyone wants /rank back…you already made emotes, just put a dam console command, it’s that so hard?

in PvP

Archaon.6245

In gw1 there were iway fame farmers with pretty high ranks…but everyone knew they were random ranked noobs, the same would happen here…if you are r30 but you can’t do crap every good player will know about it in a few days…and good luck gettin your reputation back if you’re tagged like a noob fame farmer…

Farmers exist with or without /rank emotes…but for many many..many players (Expec those from gw1) emotes would be a really nice target…and if you want to put lots and lots of time doing something, you MUST have a target

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

In gw1 there were iway fame farmers with pretty high ranks…but everyone knew they were random ranked noobs, the same would happen here…if you are r30 but you can’t do crap every good player will know about it in a few days…and good luck gettin your reputation back if you’re tagged like a noob fame farmer…

Farmers exist with or without /rank emotes…but for many many..many players (Expec those from gw1) emotes would be a really nice target…and if you want to put lots and lots of time doing something, you MUST have a target

Yeah lol…I remember that idiotic : Obsidian Princess from [MATH] Teacher reload pro scrub guild or maybe that Celestial rats invoke spike noobs ( still remember when my mesmer screwed them over : cry of frustation-complicate-power lock lol)

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I’m kind of curious why we don’t see ranks on players in pvp just as you see levels on players in wvw/pve. what good is it to see lvl80 on every player in the mists? I mean, we all know that already, it was on the box when we bought the game…

and for those who don’t think rank means anything I suggest you jump into some random pugs for free tournies and see for yourself how different it is to run with a bunch of <10s and then with a bunch of >30s. No it’s not a clear cut indication of “skill” but it is accurately indicative of player experience, where experience = familiarity with maps, strategies, game/class mechanics, character builds, fotm classes and counters for such, etc.

TL:DR – stop matching me up with rank 1’s kitten !!

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Yeah lol…I remember that idiotic : Obsidian Princess from [MATH] Teacher reload pro scrub guild or maybe that Celestial rats invoke spike noobs ( still remember when my mesmer screwed them over : cry of frustation-complicate-power lock lol)

And Noobkiller’s invoke spike? “Hoo hoo hoo, I’m r12 and you are all noobs”….hilarious… xD Never saw him showing a phoenix anyway Noobkiller was one of the best random fame farmers ever

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

or they could just add a ladder system with in-game ranks everyone can see. I see no value in an emote. Good players already know each other.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

well in gw2 rank means nothing, but for tourney purpose only there are new titles they could work on, like avenger, ransaker etc etc…maybe a /rank about those titles could help in lfg issues.
or class titles, they could be deeper in those titles

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

LoL @ QPs mean nothing but time played. Yeah, maybe that is the only thing separating some top teams with QPs and the system is unable to provide an accurate measure of which team is objectively the best. But regardless, the teams with QPs are the stronger teams playing.

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

LoL @ QPs mean nothing but time played. Yeah, maybe that is the only thing separating some top teams with QPs and the system is unable to provide an accurate measure of which team is objectively the best. But regardless, the teams with QPs are the stronger teams playing.

So none of the off-hour teams are good, cuz they have 0 QPs since there are zero paid tournies running during their play time. There are multiple threads in regards to this lol.

My post was not that people with QP are bad, but there is no way to say someone with 5 QP is worse than someone with 50 QP. Team with 5 could be miles better but was only able to do 5 tournies during the first couple days of release since nobody plays during their online time.

On top of that many with 5-10 QPs could have just faced a bunch of randoms who blew what few tickets they had saved up prior to the release of paids. So again, outside of the top teams who people already knew were good, QP means very little.

Let me know if you need me to explain more lol.

p.s. I left out teams that may have got QP from block exploiting etc. that adds another worthless layer to QP meaning anything.

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Worthless. A /rank emote in this game means nothing because Glory is too easy to get and farm simply by flipping capture points.

I said this in a previous post. This is how it should have been implemented:

-You do not gain Glory in 8v8 Hotjoin. Period.
-You do not gain Glory in a Tournament Match if your team loses.
-You do not get a chest for losing in the First Round of a Paid Tournament.
-You only get Glory and Chests and Rank from Winning Tournament Matches. (Preferrably Paid Tournament Wins Only)
-Cut the Glory Rank Requirement for each Level in half.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Add it, /rank emotes were fun in GW1.

I started the game late and would do my weak /zrank on people at least it was something to do after I beat a high rank player.

Game is too fluffy…. I remember the days of /spit /taunt /golfclap

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Man would I laugh at someone who flashed a rank emote at me.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

Well, but u do get achievements like ‘champion magus’ etc. Maybe thic could be a base for such emote.

in PvP

Posted by: Aurora.6483

Aurora.6483

/rank exists! you can only do it in the heart of the mists

in PvP

Archaon.6245

A little victory people…still waiting for it in pve or wvsw also..