Give us more game modes

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

We need more game modes instead of new maps for the same game mode.

Please don’t release any more conquest maps. Put that energy into a new game mode.
I am so sick of conquest. It’s been 5 years of conquest.

I know there is stronghold, but it’s the game mode no one asked for or wanted.

Give us a capture the flag mode please.

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Helbjorne.9368

Helbjorne.9368

Capture the flag or king of the hill would be really fun. Heck, I’d even take a deathmatch.

Whose soul do I have to reap to get a Necro rework around here?

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

I love PvP so much that I thought I will never actually have to complain about anything, but I have to totally agree.
We desperately need a new game mode, not only for fun and excitement but also to interest people back in to PvP.

• We need a new game mode
~I Aear cân ven na mar

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

We had different maps but players refused them.

1) Countryard, a map where you have to Kill the enemy to obtain points and win.
Not the best map ever but well designet. Everyone hated that map because no one wanted to change his build to be able to play this game mode and after tons of comlaining ANet removed that map Even from Unranked.
Basicly, Players wanted to remove that map and that game mode because they didn’t wanted to adapt a little to be able to play it.

2) Stronghold. A well planned map with a totally different mechanic from the main score system.
Everyone hated it because “have too much PvE” inside it. No one wanted to change they’re builds to adapt to this game mode and players was unhappy about the NPC part of the map mechanic.
ANet made a totally different queue for that map to make players able to chose between the common game mode and that one, unlike they did for Countryard. Actually only Few players play Stronghold because no one want to adapt his build to this game mode and play a little different than a common match.

ANet did different try to make players play in a different way than they actually do, adding maps with different mechanics that force a little players to score point in a different way (spirit watch for exampls). No one want them and everyone want to play only the 2-3 old maps that everyone love and hate, crying if someone chose a different map.

ANet made different ways to play but GW2 players don’t like to change a little they’re behaviours only to play a different game mode.

Don’t ask to ANet to make something different to what we have now because isn’t ANet that don’t want to grant us different things, there’s only players too lazy to try something different and have fun.

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

We had different maps but players refused them.

1) Countryard, a map where you have to Kill the enemy to obtain points and win.
Not the best map ever but well designet. Everyone hated that map because no one wanted to change his build to be able to play this game mode and after tons of comlaining ANet removed that map Even from Unranked.
Basicly, Players wanted to remove that map and that game mode because they didn’t wanted to adapt a little to be able to play it.

2) Stronghold. A well planned map with a totally different mechanic from the main score system.
Everyone hated it because “have too much PvE” inside it. No one wanted to change they’re builds to adapt to this game mode and players was unhappy about the NPC part of the map mechanic.
ANet made a totally different queue for that map to make players able to chose between the common game mode and that one, unlike they did for Countryard. Actually only Few players play Stronghold because no one want to adapt his build to this game mode and play a little different than a common match.

ANet did different try to make players play in a different way than they actually do, adding maps with different mechanics that force a little players to score point in a different way (spirit watch for exampls). No one want them and everyone want to play only the 2-3 old maps that everyone love and hate, crying if someone chose a different map.

ANet made different ways to play but GW2 players don’t like to change a little they’re behaviours only to play a different game mode.

Don’t ask to ANet to make something different to what we have now because isn’t ANet that don’t want to grant us different things, there’s only players too lazy to try something different and have fun.

I have always loved Courtyard and enjoy Stronghold.
While I do know people complained a lot about Stronghold, I definitely don’t remember people to be complaining about Courtyard, quite the opposite actually.
Player’s complaining about design is not a reason to not do new designs/ modes, it is actually sort of annoying feedback that should enable devs to create something new/ optimal, rather than not do anything.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

(edited by Alatar.7364)

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

I would love to see more game modes, but sadly i do not think it will ever happen. I am convinced that no matter what Anet comes up with, the majority of people will still prefer conquest because of the lazy gameplay and tremendous advantage it offers to classes that can claim an aoe area with the idiotic condi spam we have today. There isn’t a single match without 4 guardians , time to start realizing why. Anet is simply providing what the majority of people like to play. They tried, and failed. Can’t blame them for putting their resources somewhere else.

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I would love to see more game modes, but sadly i do not think it will ever happen. I am convinced that no matter what Anet comes up with, the majority of people will still prefer conquest because of the lazy gameplay and tremendous advantage it offers to classes that can claim an aoe area with the idiotic condi spam we have today. There isn’t a single match without 4 guardians , time to start realizing why. Anet is simply providing what the majority of people like to play. They tried, and failed. Can’t blame them for putting their resources somewhere else.

But most players don’t realize this. Or they just flat out ignore this realization. GW2’s sPvP competitive scene died when GW2 got dropped by ESL. The final nail in the coffin was when ANet decide to not make a match make to compensate for mass exodus of actual PvPers from sPvP. Thus making sPvP in GW2 unrewarding for most. They just get their end chest and don’t look back till next season. Because other then that. It has no entertainment value.

You are forced with a choice. Either be happy with GW2’s version of conquest. Or look for different PvP game modes in other PvP titles. Other then that you are just being funny, just like I am now. Trying to reason with that which can not be reasoned with. So go on continue to bring unneeded unhappiness, to your selves through a video game HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

But most players don’t realize this. Or they just flat out ignore this realization. GW2’s sPvP competitive scene died when GW2 got dropped by ESL. The final nail in the coffin was when ANet decide to not make a match make to compensate for mass exodus of actual PvPers from sPvP. Thus making sPvP in GW2 unrewarding for most. They just get their end chest and don’t look back till next season. Because other then that. It has no entertainment value.

You are forced with a choice. Either be happy with GW2’s version of conquest. Or look for different PvP game modes in other PvP titles. Other then that you are just being funny, just like I am now. Trying to reason with that which can not be reasoned with. So go on continue to bring unneeded unhappiness, to your selves through a video game HAHAHAHAHAHA.

It also turns actual PvP’ers who are average but not horrible or great into bitter people that only care about their rewards so they stop caring since they get pips for wins or losses.

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Conq is just a horrible game mode for competitive pvp. Esl failed because of it (and other reasons), and its also a cause of the declining population. Conqcrap was a good idea and all but when you have a super speedster class in a speed game it doesn’t work. Heck anet made the worst idea in the world now by making deadeye slow compared to old teefys. Teefs will never give up speed in circle dancing conq so deadeye is literally dead in pvp already lol. They require speed to dance between circles

Anet has done nothing right when it comes to pvp for 5 years now. They had a chance with courtyard version 1 when it came out but they let it fail and went full steam conq. Same with stronghold. Build a awesome map and don’t fix or improve anything so it dies. Now we are stuck with endless circle dancing maps and anet will never change course. Too much effort in the wrong way from anet is what killed off gw2 pvp.. R.I.P gw2 pvp after around season 4.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Seiroxena.6350

Seiroxena.6350

Ya’ll nerds need to change your Pampers … https://www.pampers.fr/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5J_DoN-K1gIVipPtCh3szwgNEAAYASAAEgLzSfD_BwE

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

The new game mode will bring back players that rarely play PVP…

I hope they add 2-3 new game modes.

This will not only make the games more fun but will unlock the potential of new builds for each profession.

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Trouble with courtyard is its map design and lack of refinement in TDM mode. It has been discussed to death how tight corridors only served to promote AoE spam rather than getting people off conquest mentality. The mode also require team presence whereas latching onto old 20s spawns only encourages ill-informed players to streamline into their death. Several good suggestions were made to improve such phenomenon, including making map larger, restricting to no-respawn short rounds rather than first to 20 kills etc. But none of the advises were acknowledged and the map was removed instead.

Man even bring back 8v8 or 10v10 would spice things up a lot. But I guess WvW would do.

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

I’ve always wondered why the Stronghold map wasn’t in ranked PvP (I’m new to GW2)… It’s a fun map. People being lazy to change builds should not be a reason for it to get removed…

Give us more game modes

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

I’ve always wondered why the Stronghold map wasn’t in ranked PvP (I’m new to GW2)… It’s a fun map. People being lazy to change builds should not be a reason for it to get removed…

Season 1-4 was quite fun when you had a choice for ranked conq or sh. Broke the boring same old circle dancing routine in conq when i could play ranked SH. Then without any warning anet just said F u to people who wanted a option and took it away come season 5.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||