Glory Cap

Glory Cap

in PvP

Posted by: dash.1952

dash.1952

I can appreciate efforts by the developers to put a limit on the Skyhammer farm. I mean, I can understand why people farm it, as reaching rank 80 is a pipe dream for most. At the same time, it undermines efforts pvp players have gone to acquire their rank through legitimate games. However, the concern of this post is that players who are trying to play within the boundaries of the game are being punished.

I’ve attached a screenshot of my most recent match, of which I played in a hotjoin. I played how I normally do, which on this map involves using the cannon (very effective on cutting down the zergs). At the end of the match, I saw my score was 471. Unfortunately, I’ve noticed that my rank points were a mere 310 (glory was 500).

I must admit, I’m disappointed in this bottle-necking. I know the root of this may be an implementation for controlling Skyhammer farmers, which is good that they are trying to contain the situation. I can’t help but feel punished for the actions of others though. It is a long and difficult road to rank up in pvp, and I feel that the task has been made even more difficult by limiting the amount of rank points legitimately earned in a match.

Mostly, this post is here to let others know about this rank points cap. Back to the grind now….

Attachments:

Glory Cap

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

300 point cap has been in since launch to prevent people from farming points in hotjoins.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Glory Cap

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If there wasn’t a 300 cap, you would see all the skyhammer farmers spamming dragon finishers.
edit: the cap was in place before skyhammer farming, since people were farming hotjoins for 500 pts