Glory booster circular logic

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

I had 60+ when they mentioned removing them. .

oh poor you those 60 boosters must have been tough to use try being dedicated to something like pvp before passing off what people are losing as nothing, or better yet be happy when they delete a year and a half worth of your pve effort then you can have room to say people are crying over nothing.

point is you don’t care about boosters doesn’t mean other people don’t so feel free to talk about boosters all you want but don’t try to walk in here and tell everyone that they are crying or unjustified saying you had 60 boosters compared to people that had over 600 and constantly earning more

What makes you think we don’t care about boosters? We all do, the difference is some of us probably already use theirs and we believe it wont be fair for us that listen to them.

In a way all of us are being selfish. I personally don’t mind if we get something for boosters but they better refund all the booster I have used since the announcement. Think of it like this, if I am going down, I am pulling you with me.

sorry but you seriously need to think through what you are asking for before you post, because I am sure they would be happy to delete the 400-800 glory you gained from using your boosters and give you 100 like the people that didn’t have a chance to use them are asking for.

here is what you ask for refund all the boosters used they are worth 400-800 glory unused people are asking fro 100 glory so sure you want that reduce in glory since you got them used ….really

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

This video sums up anets stance

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Conspiracy theory:
Their goal is to force the inflated PvE economy on PvPers but leave the PvPers in a state of want so we’ll be forced to buy gems and turn them into gold.

Compensating old rewards like glory boosters which for a lot of people were just an item taking up space with stacks upon stacks, gives players to much of an edge in the inflated economy for virtually nothing. In conclusion: enjoy being shafted when the scrubs who champ farm for hours are get better rewards than your entire PvP carrier. =D

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

(Slow Clap)

in PvP

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

What I’d like them to do is in exchange for 1 glory booster you get 100 glory. That way I’ll get enough glory to get the heavy kodan armor without doing PVP (something I don’t want to do) or a dungeon (something I absolutely hate to do) or make this armor available through WvW (something I wouldn’t mind to do) or sell these armor sets with karma, gold, laurels, mystic coin, etc anything that I can get without doing PvP, dungeons or WvW (the three things I don’t do).

in PvP

cerberus.1937

CaboSoul.1204

What I’d like them to do is in exchange for 1 glory booster you get 100 glory. That way I’ll get enough glory to get the heavy kodan armor without doing PVP (something I don’t want to do) or a dungeon (something I absolutely hate to do) or make this armor available through WvW (something I wouldn’t mind to do) or sell these armor sets with karma, gold, laurels, mystic coin, etc anything that I can get without doing PvP, dungeons or WvW (the three things I don’t do).

don’t know if troll or………..

seriously didn’t you get the memo pvp is becoming pve

doing away with all pvp rewards since day 1 and replacing it with gold so you can now champ train farm your heart out and get rewarded more in pvp than the people that actually play pvp

great hu? (sarcasm)

in PvP

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

@cerberus

Yes I did know about pvp becoming pve but I did not know I could buy the dungeon/pvp armor with gold. I’m very happy to hear that!!! Especially now that a wardrobe is coming to this game I can actually collect some other dungeon/pvp armor besides the heavy kodan armor I want so badly.

in PvP

cerberus.1937

@ CaboSoul.1204

np have fun with it

the made a post where pvp armor was changing to universal so farm up pve and buy pvp universal armor with gold as the dungeon sets are in pvp

sad sad day for pvp players everywhere since pve players will be getting more out of pvp than the actual pvp players, but should be good change for pve players with gold since they will make out like bandits with all their gold in the “new gold only pvp reward system”

in PvP

Posted by: Yngvar.7614

Yngvar.7614

Agreed completely. GW2 was amazing at launch, and quickly started dwindling on the PvP front shortly thereafter. When I do play GW2 (which is less and less every week), its to sPvP. Now all of those rewards that I earned are meaningless (I had almost 100 boosters in my bank, all from daily rewards).

This, to me, is another example of the one of the main three tiers of this game being put behind the other two in terms of priority. I understand directives, but taking away rewards that players earned in your game and returning nothing in terms of compensation is more than an affront, its a reason for me to not trust this game, or its devs, moving forward.

Unless something big changes at the Anet offices, I feel sPvP will have even less of a population than it does now.

in PvP

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

While I understand the qualms of for/against something being done about glory boosters I’d like to offer some insight and maybe an Anet Dev can answer although I guess I won’t expect it.

I’ve been playing sPvP since launch and doing nothing but that till around middle of last year with me still playing off and on (a lot more recently to spend the glory boosters when the announcement was made). I’ve spent quite a few glory boosters since the announcement (as best as I could), but with the amount of time I’ve spent in sPvP I came no where near being able to use up the entire amount I’ve accumulated over the period of time I’ve been playing as I still have: 150+ on one char, around 100 on another, 10-30 spread out on 5 other chars a piece, and 250 still sitting in my locker gone untouched. This is a lot in part to glory boosters still being rewarded up until today which no offense I feel subjectively should have been removed when the announcement was made.

That being said even with the announcement I couldn’t even come close to spending fast enough and with the basic math of roughly 500 remaining you are talking I’d have to grind around 500 hours of straight sPvP farm just to get rid of them which is nothing short of insanity nor should someone be expected to do so.

It would be nice in these types of cases if consideration would be taken into doing at least something to help out dedicated players when it is at these levels of extreme because comparative to a good amount of the old sPvP community (from AR and during paid tournaments) that has kind of given up/moved on I’m still here playing. That being the case I’m also fairly certain I’m not the only one with this kind of a problem and I think they would feel the same way.

In closing, I understand very clearly we had prior warning so I don’t fault Devs for saying you are out of luck, but is it really reasonable to ask someone to grind that much of a game mode for an extended period of time at detriment of they’re regular lives? Also can nothing be done for players who find themselves in this situation whatsoever?

If consideration and time is taken into reading this post I would appreciate it.

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

Up.
There is no still adequate answer from ArenaNet except lol
“it wouldn’t be fair to the players that used up all of their boosters ".

O M G !!!

They used their boosters and RECEIVED PROFIT. We hadn’t enough time to consume all boosters – we DIN’T RECEIVE PROFIT

in PvP

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

I hate to dig this all up again, but they are willing to refund boosters purchased with GEMS, but NOT boosters acquired from BL Chests opened with BL Keys purchased with GEMS. Particularly in instances where it can be shown the GEMS used to buy the BL Keys were bought with RWM. This position of accepting one and not the other seems a bit overly nuanced to me.

Just convert these things to crafting boosters, MF boosters, or something else that helps me, but doesn’t provide any game play competitive advantage.

I’ve actually been in an organization that offered world-class customer services. We were benchmarked all the time by Fortune 500 companies who would ask to come in and see how we did business. Doing nothing at all for the customer when the costs of service is negligible, if existent at all, (i.e. one virtual item for another) is head scratching. I won’t stop playing and even if they do nothing it won’t diminish my enjoyment of GW2, but it still is a curious position for ANet to hold. Just my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They should have allowed glory boosters to be traded for other boosters. That would have been fair.

The ANET logic of us having advanced notice was just wrong. They were still giving out glory boosters until the moment they went away.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

They use PvEers for money, and use PvPers for publicity. Then, when the publicity served its purpose, they strip away PvP currency to squeeze out more cash from the playerbase.

I don’t blame them though, they’ve got to deal with the “freeloading” population somehow.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty