Glory/rank points from activities bug(?)

in PvP

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

So I notice from playing Crab Toss (and sprint the other day) that at the end of each round I got some glory and rank points (about 130 at the least I think), just like from a normal pvp match. What’s going on here?? Surely this is a bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Astral.3016

Astral.3016

I’m kinda curious on what is going on with this whole deal.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

It is unintentional. I can’t give you a hard date for when it will be fixed because we’re between hot fixes and patches right now.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

The Ice Mage.4879

UPDATE: So I played some rounds of Lunatic Inquisition and these are facts I discovered

1. The game interface leads you to believe that you gain both glory and rank points from doing these activities, the little pop ups in bottom right that show match glory and top stats that is.
  2. The interface seems to lie in that regard though; while I am seeing my glory count in PvP window increase, PvP title achievements (current is Avenger for me) do not gain the rank points you supposedly get.
  3. Notwithstanding point 2, these rank points seem to progress the monthly rank points achievement and get added to your “rank progress bar” that replaces XP bar in PvP(-esque) maps.

I have heard something about inconsistencies in PvP rank tracking of titles vs. login screen medal or something in the past but really I think there is quite a bit of a mess here that needs to be rectified. For one, the current notifications of glory/rank gain from activities displayed on the interface seem deceptive.

(edited by The Ice Mage.4879)

in PvP

The Ice Mage.4879

It is unintentional. I can’t give you a hard date for when it will be fixed because we’re between hot fixes and patches right now.

Ooh I see…well thanks for the response. Nice to see that a dev got around to responding to my thread.

in PvP

Posted by: CherishPort.1260

CherishPort.1260

I got two Rabbit Reward Chests because of this. Can I open them and keep the Content?

in PvP

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

It is a pity that this will be changed. I like to get glory for doing this kind of PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Actually, I think this is awesome. Give PvE players some PvP-related rewards (just not an insane amount). This way, they’ll get some cool PvP skins and maybe want to see what else they can do in the Mists. Also, PvP players can check out the PvE event and still get some PvP rewards while doing so. A little bit of cross-rewarding isn’t a terrible thing.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

could this “new feature” stay instead?

those activities are considered PvP since you do play competitively with other players.

in PvP

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

I was trying out the Inquisition game the other day and when I noticed that I was actually gaining glory I asked wtf was going on, and people replied it was intended since minigames are indeed PvP.

I thought Anet had finally decided to allow PvErs to farm glory in PvE (on top of giving them tournament skins in the APs chests). Good to know it’s just a bug.

Bläck Dähliä

in PvP

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Weren’t there recent changes to allow PvP and WvW players to earn PvE xp on their characters in PvP and WvW so they weren’t ‘penalized" for playing their way? Why shouldn’t PvE players earn glory when playing these PvP games?

in PvP

Posted by: Kozume.9035

Kozume.9035

Weren’t there recent changes to allow PvP and WvW players to earn PvE xp on their characters in PvP and WvW so they weren’t ‘penalized" for playing their way? Why shouldn’t PvE players earn glory when playing these PvP games?

I hope I read your post wrong, but ‘PvE’ experience has been in WvW since early access.

(edited by Kozume.9035)