Go with the Flow

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Hrm maybe I missed it, but is anything being done about Waypoint dancers, you know the "AFK"s that aren’t afk. They move a tad whenever they are warned they will be kicked or shortly before the warning.

Basically there needs to be a participation check after the idle check. If they haven’t attacked or been attacked after a set period, they are kicked.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Why queue up for a match if you are not going to join a match though?

Usually because of a sudden/ unexpected change of plans.

Isn’t that why check-ready pop ups exist in the first place?

Look man, there are tons of people that suddenly or unexpectedly become unable to play the match, but don’t leave queue. That’s a factor in why so many 4v5s exist currently.

Instead of being roped down with an AFK person who gets booted, that person will get the boot beforehand, not incur a loss for himself, (merely a small time-out).

Many players have no sympathy for people who queue and do RL stuff without leaving queue, after all the 4v5’s that others have been forced to endure. Yet it is a massive QOL increase for the typical ‘queue up and then suddenly AFK’ person. Just recognize it for what it is, a huge improvement.

It fool-proofs the fools that unexpectedly leave to do RL stuff without leaving queue.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Why are you gonna stress about a few minute timeout? It’s not the same kind of dishonor. It’s not even going to be like the 30 minute ‘deserter’ debuffs across many mmos/mobas.

You’re right, the debuff duration is short. That kind of makes my issues with it not very significant. My suggestion was just to make it a bit less disrupting to the average player, but I guess it won’t be that big of a deal. It did scare me at first, though.

Anyways, I’m very happy about the changes overall.

EDIT

Many players have no sympathy for people who queue and do RL stuff without leaving queue, after all the 4v5’s that others have been forced to endure.

I didn’t want to sound very negative, and I do agree with everything you said. The timeout is short enough, so I don’t see it as a problem anymore. I just didn’t understand it clearly at first, and got a bit scared. For some reason, I was thinking that declining a match would drop my ranking as well.

(However, I would just like to add that, sometimes, the queue pops up right before you have time to cancel it. :P But as I’ve said, that doesn’t seems to be as much of a problem as I thought it would be.)

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

These are some great changes. Good job!

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

I don’t even like the PvP in this game, but I do like these updates. I may give PvP another try.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This looks really great and I hope it cuts down on the amount of 4v5’s. Also I hope it cuts down the number of people that were always so willing to make 4v5’s a reality in this game. I’d rather the behavior stop, but if they can’t stop their behavior of leaving, then I hope they just leave. No one likes having to play through a 4v5 on any side.

Thanks for all the hard work all!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Joining a queue will redirect you to the lobby. If you leave the lobby you will also leave the queue, but not get dishonor. You only get dishonor if you decline the match-ready prompt.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I’m sorry to say that I hate this change. It might be alright if there’s a surge of returning players during the test season and our queue times are mere seconds, but I’m sure the number of players will go down again eventually, as is natural since people tend to leave this game and come back to it a few months later, and then we’ll be forced to sit around in the lobby doing NOTHING for several minutes at a time! That alone might be enough to drive people out of pvp tbh!

Could you at the very least implement a loud audible prompt when the queue pops? One which overrides the “mute when GW2 is in background” setting so you can hear it even when task-switched? Cause if we’re going to be forced to be idling while queued, I’m personally going to be task switched.

Gw2 is a huge game and players could be doing any number of things that would prevent them from accepting a match. Players could be watching a cinematic, talking to a scout, or the biggest problem: stuck on a load screen. We can’t let people on load screens get dishonor because they can’t accept the match.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to the time window that players have in which to accept the match longer? Load screens aren’t that long – why not give players a 30" window in which to click OK to the match? Much better than forcing us to sit around twiddling our thumbs? You could potentially make that window 60" even, and shorten the 2’ pre-match waiting time to 1’ to compensate. After all, since we can’t relog on different characters there’s not very much you can do during the pre-match window – not enough to justify 2’ in spawn.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

is…

is skyhammer going to be in ranked?

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

Thank you. These upcoming changes sound great and really help when it comes to building a stronger pvp community. I would like to add a few more suggestions ankitten ot sure where to submit them.

One huge suggestion would be to make a better friends list. One big thing harming me when forming teams is that I cant keep track of friends character names and account names and on top of that what classes I think they are strongest at. I know there is nicknames but that isn’t enough.

Friends List Suggestions

- Add option to create groups of friends
- Let me know what class each player is using currently in a column (not just hover)
- It would be great to see what class each person has used the most in tpvp
- Ranks ingame on friends list instead of outside on the website

These may not sound important but even applying one of these changes would be huge to helping form a team and remembering who each person is and what their strengths are.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i really love the majority of the upcoming changes, but i have one question:

how will the new system handle disconnects? will you immediately get the dishonored on your account, or will it be "awarded" at the end of the game, giving the diconnectee (is that even a word?) the chance to return to the game?

in case of the former, i implore you, please fix your EU based servers first, before introducing such a mechanic. just today i spent 2,5 hrs with a teammate to fix his code 42 (flushdns works wonders, btw...)

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

To be honest I am terribly bored with gw2 spvp. The new mmr system is a case of to little to late for me. I really like gw2 spvp but c’mon with the new modes and maps already, spvp is so stale.

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

~snip~

I hear you mika, but sometimes you have to take responsibility for your connection and being distracted in matches. If you’re really that busy to where you can’t support teammates, then constantly wanting to pvp with those same distractions and issues in ranked won’t be fair to the people you play with.

I think a lot of people that want to climb the ladder are in for a rude awakening as far as their behavior match behavior is concerned and not just rage quitters. Some people rage quit, and some can’t be bothered to fully participate in a match for whatever reason. If I get dishonored for having to leave a match, I’m going to go do pve or something else and play at times when I’ll be able to dedicate to participating in a full match. If I have internet trouble, I’m going to try and participate out of prime time so that I won’t get as many DC’s. It’s not fair to everyone, but I hope Anet refines their connectivity issues to minimize the impact on the player base to help even it out.

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Don’t say it doesn’t matter, matter anymore

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Clarification on queuing in HotM:
1* Joining a queue will redirect you to the lobby. If you leave the lobby you will also leave the queue, but not get dishonor. You only get dishonor if you decline the match-ready prompt.

2* Gw2 is a huge game and players could be doing any number of things that would prevent them from accepting a match. Players could be watching a cinematic, talking to a scout, or the biggest problem: stuck on a load screen. We can’t let people on load screens get dishonor because they can’t accept the match.

3* For these reasons we want everyone in HotM while queued. We’re taking multiple steps to make waiting as little a burden as possible. We’ve added service NPC’s to the lobby, and the new matchmaking should be making matches much quicker than before. If a better solution arises, we will surely jump on it, but right now we balanced the trade offs as best we could.

1) We need stuff to do in the lobby to pass the time. This would’ve been OKish prior to the patch that removed the rank npcs. We could waste the time waiting for the match mystic forging pvp gear, but now?…

2) As far as I know, regardless of what they were doing, they were getting pulled into pvp once the queue pop timer expires. If it’s a matter of timing, could you add 10 or so seconds to the time they have to get into the match in case they get a little stuck? I imagine they can still get stuck on the match entry loading screen.

3) What type of service npcs? Will they help pass the time in between matches? Will there be value in interacting with them?

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Could you at the very least implement a loud audible prompt when the queue pops? One which overrides the “mute when GW2 is in background” setting so you can hear it even when task-switched? Cause if we’re going to be forced to be idling while queued, I’m personally going to be task switched.

From the blog-post:

When a match has been found, a distinct sound will alert players who have the game minimized or are looking away from their screens. The game will also flash on the task bar if sound is muted. For the players who have walked away from their computers, or for players who simply forgot they were in queue and no longer want to play, the ready check finds and replaces them before the match even starts.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Nice to see that you listen to community feedback (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Suggestion-Choose-the-maps/first). Really excited to test those changes.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

amazing update, congrats Evan!

This will fix many things! I returned to do ranked solo after months this week, and in 10 matches I did, 90% had quitters and people afk.

Who are talking about the time to accept the match, I believe you are the people that start our matches AFK. I always wait for the queue in the lobby because i care to enter the match fast and see what is going on and what build I’ll use.

I agree with the accept time for the match be short.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

All I see is a partial RNG voting system on top of another weighted RNG system that is a solution to an atypical conquest map. Also, Dishonor makes no sense the way I read it. If a player get’s disconnected that player cannot return to the match until the dishonor is up which guarantees every 4v5 to remain a 4v5 with no option to resign the match. Honestly, just allow the d/c player to reenter the match within a grace period. Ready Button that brings a bank and whatever was else gets an honorable mention.

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

Gw2 is a huge game and players could be doing any number of things that would prevent them from accepting a match. Players could be watching a cinematic, talking to a scout, or the biggest problem: stuck on a load screen. We can’t let people on load screens get dishonor because they can’t accept the match.

For these reasons we want everyone in HotM while queued.

Please explain me why you can’t move player to Hotm when match is found ?
Just give 30s or even 60s on ready prompt to let everybody load their screens and problem solved. Forcing players to move to hotm while in queue will upset many players. The perfect solution would be a ready prompt on screen where ever you are or what ever you are doing, just like current pvp reminder with go now button.

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Please explain me why you can’t move player to Hotm when match is found ?
Just give 30s or even 60s on ready prompt to let everybody load their screens and problem solved. Forcing players to move to hotm while in queue will upset many players. The perfect solution would be a ready prompt on screen where ever you are or what ever you are doing, just like current pvp reminder with go now button.

Because not everyone have fast enough internet or computers to load two screens in reasonable time?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

@Evan, do you guys have plans to use the map selection feature to get some hard numbers on what maps players like and dislike for the first time? It’d be really cool if you guys could rank maps by how often they got voted for at the end of seasons.

Map selection will absolutely give us delicious metrics.

@Evan:
What if map voting is 50%-50% (Red team votes A map, Blue team votes B map)? Which map is chosen ( A or B )?

(edited by Acrisor.8097)

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

@Evan, do you guys have plans to use the map selection feature to get some hard numbers on what maps players like and dislike for the first time? It’d be really cool if you guys could rank maps by how often they got voted for at the end of seasons.

@Evan:
What if map voting is 50%-50% (Red team votes A map, Blue team votes B map)? Which map is chosen ( A or B )?

I’d guess if Map A was already played , it should choose map B , or the loosing side red/blue? picks the map if its a draw vote.

quite simple really, hope anet take this into account,

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

All I see is a partial RNG voting system on top of another weighted RNG system that is a solution to an atypical conquest map. Also, Dishonor makes no sense the way I read it. If a player get’s disconnected that player cannot return to the match until the dishonor is up which guarantees every 4v5 to remain a 4v5 with no option to resign the match. Honestly, just allow the d/c player to reenter the match within a grace period. Ready Button that brings a bank and whatever was else gets an honorable mention.

I think the person who disconnects will be able to rejoin, but they won’t be able to queue in the match after.

Lopez.7369 is correct. Also, the dishonor timeout starts counting down right away, so it will likely be gone before you finish the match.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

@Evan:

There is always a chance in map voting, votes change only the %.
This means in a 50-50 situation, 2 maps have the same chance to be chosen.

System has the last word, players change the chances.

Another example in 3 maps, forest, skyhammer and spirit, with 80%-10-10 there will be always a 10% chance to play in skyhammer or spirit.

Personally, i like this system.

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Pseudo Nyx.1390

Pseudo Nyx.1390

With in this patch are the notorious amount of 4v5’s that tax a SPVP’ers experience going to be addressed?

Like in the event of a 4v5 the opposite team has one member put in queue either right away or on death and then when someone else is downed the member in queue enters and thus maintaining an even match?

I know the new dishonor system means well in the sense of addressing this but will it actually solve the solution of the current 4v5 game at hand?

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Will the new ranking system be ingame or still out of game ? plzz say its ingame now

[WM]give us in game ladder

Go with the Flow

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

As of now the win experience points are 300 for hotjoin, 1000 for Solo Q, and 1500 for team Q. With merge of solo Q and Team Q, how will win points would change? Would it became 1500 flat or 1000 for all of us?

Tour