Going to AFK Every Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Yup, done with the map and playing 4 engineers

Nothing personal to other players, but im going to sit in the spawn everytime I have to play that map.

I dont mind playing vs players that are using specs/classes that dont exploit the map… but its come down to that.

I refuse to join them in that so here is my apologies to those who get paired with me.

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

what i do is just leave the match and get another map. No worthy of my time.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Same here.

But I’ve been saying this for y year now. I just wonder how many more of these threads we have to post here each day until something is done about it.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

what i do is just leave the match and get another map. No worthy of my time.

This works in hotjoin, but once your soloq pops you’re not allowed to get out of the match until it’s finished – if you don’t enter the match yourself, or if you try to switch characters or log out and back in, you’ll automatically get pulled into the match as soon as it starts (or as soon as you enter any map, if you’ve logged out first).

This is why people are so annoyed about the map – if you don’t like any particular map in hotjoin, you can just leave and go join a different arena, but if it comes up in the soloq rotation you’re forced to play on it.

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

And yet nothing can be done about that. Instead, they will give you all kinds of excuse even though they those are not the answer.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

This kind of protest doesn’t hurt anyone but your teammates. Stop being a little kitten and play the kittening map. Don’t solo queue if you don’t want to play it. Team queue doesn’t have it and you can play it solo with good results anyways. Posts like this might get to Anet eventually but intentionally sabotaging your team will get you banned before it actually forces Anet to get rid of the map.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

This kind of protests speaks more about you than it does about the map. If you want something changed or improved, the worst way to do it is to appear as whiny as possible.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in PvP

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I have played these type of games for years. Have never experienced a developer trolling their customers as much as happens in this game.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

This kind of protest doesn’t hurt anyone but your teammates. Stop being a little kitten and play the kittening map. Don’t solo queue if you don’t want to play it. Team queue doesn’t have it and you can play it solo with good results anyways. Posts like this might get to Anet eventually but intentionally sabotaging your team will get you banned before it actually forces Anet to get rid of the map.

Seriously, please do not do this. Skyhammer may be a big problem in PvP, but the biggest problem in solo Q is 4v5’s and bad matchups with AFK’ers and the like. You may be protesting something you see as an issue, but you are perpetuating a different, arguably more cancerous problem with the game. Either suck it up and play the map, or simply don’t play Solo Q.

[IX]

in PvP

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This kind of protest doesn’t hurt anyone but your teammates.

Its not a protest, sounds more like an FYI. He’s not doing it to protest arenanet, he’s doing it for himself, but just letting everyone know that he felt this is the only way to deal with this issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If the majority doesn’t enjoy the map I hope more people take your stance. If enough people were to actively boycott the map it would get lots of attention and something could be done. And props to you for going for it…

But I think it’s better if you can convince your team to boycott it with you… I feel a bit bad for people who just want to legitimately go at it.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Map is fine. Adapt or lose out.