Gold Reward in sPvP?

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Hello,

I am a WvW player and go to PvE in order to get the skins, achievement points and stuff. But i would also like to play sPvP (only rank 13 atm) – the problem is i dont get anything from it.
So what would you think of a gold reward in sPvP, not too much but so that you can actually play sPvP even if you are working on a legendary, just to take time out and relax a bit, while still getting something for your aim? (btw i am not working on a legendary :P )
It doesnt have to be much but I think even pure sPvP players would benefit from it as then they can buy themselves skins from the trading posts without the need to farm in PvE.

Just an idea
cheers Tarkan

PvP, Teef & Engi

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexxx.2143

Lexxx.2143

like even 1g just for doing the monthly or something would be nice

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

well, you can get some gold from selling Halloween bags at the moment, they are worth of few silver as i remember and you get 5 of them for a rated win, not that bad

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Amazes.5618

Amazes.5618

Imo it would be silly to add a gold reward because PvP is a different game to PvE and Wvw essentially. There is no use for gold in PvP because everything is brought with glory.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

There is no use for gold in PvP because everything is brought with glory.

there is no use for gold in mini games too as they are more like SPVP (pvp armor, no damage to gear etc) and they still reward items, gold and karma… look at it like SPVP is a mini game for players who play mainly PvE… it makes sense imo

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Tarkan.5609

Imo it would be silly to add a gold reward because PvP is a different game to PvE and Wvw essentially. There is no use for gold in PvP because everything is brought with glory.

As i said: Even PvP players could buy themselves some skins from the TP and atm I am mainly playing sPvP – but I don’t get anything for my PvE-characters which is a shame because I have to choose: fun or gold?
i am even thinking about leaving pve/wvw for spvp with the exception of living story for the skins – the problem is that if I want to invest some time into spvp then I loose a great amount of stuff from pve – even if it is just gold from farming frostgorge sound

PvP, Teef & Engi

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

There is no use for gold in PvP because everything is brought with glory.

there is no use for gold in mini games too as they are more like SPVP (pvp armor, no damage to gear etc) and they still reward items, gold and karma… look at it like SPVP is a mini game for players who play mainly PvE… it makes sense imo

It does, but it’s just sad.
PvP can’t hold it’s own, it seems to need PvE’er carrots to actually get people to play it…

Which means it failed.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, you know… you can get pvp skins with pve gold, using transmutation crystals, if I am not mistaken.

Why can’t we get pve gold with pvp glory?

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

This is why gold is needed. Only reason I buy “pve” skins is cause I use them for pvp appearance.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

because I have to choose: fun or gold?

that will always make a very simple and ease decision-finding and if you love life you will always go for fun.

if you have to ask yourself first, just stick to pve and go for your gold

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Rufy.6093

that will always make a very simple and ease decision-finding and if you love life you will always go for fun.

This is a game and most people play games for both fun and rewards.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

i get this rufy, but to me calling for pve rewards in pvp is like calling for a tennis trophy whilst playing football

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Rufy.6093

i get this rufy, but to me calling for pve rewards in pvp is like calling for a tennis trophy whilst playing football

Yet I use “pve” gold for pvp. Why is gold even considered a pve reward? It’s gold. I can use it for skins, finishers, and other cool pvp items off the AH or the gem store.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

Glory should be like Balthazar Faction from GW1. We should be able to buy some things like chests that gives random stuffs.
I’m not talking about rank chests, something more like achievements chests or like the chest you get when you gain a wvw rank level or even a World Boss chest so it would be like zaishen chests. You could try and get some pvp exclusive items.

It doesnt necessarily need to be pure gold, as long as we can use our glory into something else than rank chests.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

redslion.9675

I just don’t want to be a burden while I desperately try to convince my teammates to join in team pvp.

But let’s put it this way.

If I do WvWvW, I need to do less stuff for pve, because I can earn money in wvwvw. And can buy equipment. I can join into spvp any time I like, because I’m not weaker than others.

If I do PvE, I gain equipment I can use in WvWvW. And earn money. And can go into PvP.

If I do pvp, I lost time for both PvE and WvWvW. I didn’t make money, nor gear, nothing. The only good thing is I might have got better than some other people, so I can kill people with exotic even while I’m full rare.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

yeah..except for black lion stuff like char slots and skins, for dyes that you need to buy in order to use them in pvp, for custom arenas that cost gems (= gold or real money)….and so on…

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

Besides a gold reward we could also use an NPC that sells weapon/armor skins for laurels We get 40 laurels/month without use…

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

redslion.9675

yeah..except for black lion stuff like char slots and skins, for dyes that you need to buy in order to use them in pvp, for custom arenas that cost gems (= gold or real money)….and so on…

It’s much easier to get skins by using transmutation crystal than by reaching rank 40.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Tarkan.5609

Well, you know… you can get pvp skins with pve gold, using transmutation crystals, if I am not mistaken.

Why can’t we get pve gold with pvp glory?

Yeah that would be an option but it shouldn’t be too much – otherwise sPvP will be full of PvE players who just want to farm gold ^^
btw @ anyone: transmutation crystals for PvP? do you mean buying the PvE (e.g.) weapon and then transmutating it on a spvp weapon or what?
and if yes: also works with the PvP weapons you can get for free?

I do pick sPvP that was just the question that is always behind it – with the gold I could get myself some more skins.
Playing PvE = getting gold = getting skins for PvE and sPvP
Playing sPvP = getting glory = getting skins for sPvP only (not all skins, for example temporary ones)

That is the thing I wanted to say with that, if you would get gold from sPvP it would be more balanced

Glory should be like Balthazar Faction from GW1. We should be able to buy some things like chests that gives random stuffs.
I’m not talking about rank chests, something more like achievements chests or like the chest you get when you gain a wvw rank level or even a World Boss chest so it would be like zaishen chests. You could try and get some pvp exclusive items.

It doesnt necessarily need to be pure gold, as long as we can use our glory into something else than rank chests.

nice idea, really! but the problem with that is that that shouldn’t be usable in PvE and there had to be permanent finishers in it so that that is like gold (which makes it impossible to separate it from pvE/WvW) – also:
- more rng
- what about permanent finishers that you get from there and you already have? tradeable? or no permanent finishers? temporary… meh

PvP, Teef & Engi

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

No, I want some gold from time to time to buy skins which aren’t avail in pvp with glory/rank/tourneys. I would rather they just add those skins to pvp somehow, though.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

redslion.9675

No, I want some gold from time to time to buy skins which aren’t avail in pvp with glory/rank/tourneys. I would rather they just add those skins to pvp somehow, though.

Play PvE. It’s easier to get skins that way. All skins. Without waiting for rank or farming for it and spoiling pvp too.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Play PvE. It’s easier to get skins that way. All skins. Without waiting for rank or farming for it and spoiling pvp too.

I’d rather do without the skins than play PVE.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Maybe PvPĀ“ers would like to get some additional char slots as well?

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

redslion.9675

That’s exactly what happens: luckily I found myself happy with tourney skins, which are easy to obtain.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

That’s exactly what happens: luckily I found myself happy with tourney skins, which are easy to obtain.

I have literally not used a new armor set since the first week of paid tournies.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

redslion.9675

And if you give rewards that can be spent in pve (gold, skins, tradable stuff) you will make heart of the mists look less like a minigame area and more like part of the world.

Gold Reward in sPvP?

in PvP

Tarkan.5609

And if you give rewards that can be spent in pve (gold, skins, tradable stuff) you will make heart of the mists look less like a minigame area and more like part of the world.

you are right, maybe there should be gem store skins or some things like that buy able for glory – even if it is a lot of glory, then you could also make permanent finishers be buyable.
That wouldnt spoil PvP because: lvl 50 20-slot bags are HUGE for PvE players (10 gold per, that is something) and still there are not many people just going for that because it takes too long.
Then I’d also like to see character/bank/bag slot buyable for glory, would be soooo nice for pvpers – not to forget laurels
(and I wouldn’t forget to use my glory booster because then glory is actually of use for me if I already have my perfect skins – that I sadly don’t have :P )

PvP, Teef & Engi