Gold player vs Legendary players

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

Hello! I was just wondering if you, Anet are going to do something about duoteams?

I had match today against legendary player rating 2000+ (Denial) which duoQed with platinum player. I myself was just dropped to 1640 rating, so T3 Gold. Our team had 1 legendary player (rating ~1950) which duoQed too with lower rating friend.

So why is this possible? And it happened at 21 GMT, so “primetime”.

I know now that duoQ mmr is average of those 2 players, but still… That’s just stupid! Why on earth do you want to legendary players take advantage of this and duoQ with other legendary player with alternative account that has low rating?

Maybe make it so that if there’s more than 300 difference in rating you can’t duoQ? Or something. Suggestions?

Have a photo as evidence from match, but its on my pc and cant post names so pretty useless here…

in PvP

Mutaatti.2789

Okay! So today had another match! Against legendary player who is on my friendlist. His rating was before match 1990, mine was 1595. All players were soloQ. Our team didnt have anyone +1800 rating. Matchmaking is broken! Anet please answer, and I can post pictures or details of match and you’ll see that match shouldnt ever happen with your system!

in PvP

Posted by: Navajas.3147

Navajas.3147

So how do you know in your team noone had 1800+ rating? And I suppose you know the enemy team’s MMR too and you are basing your assumptions on that.

Higher tier players also have to be matched with players, you can’t always make teams with 10 players of equal rating.

My guess is that either your team had higher rating players, or the enemy team had multiple lower rating ones. Teams are evened out.

Also people seem to go crazy when they have to play against 1 or 2 higher tier players, you can imprive with that, not by bashing scrubs.

Also, MMR does not equal rating still.

Heroes’ Ascent.. hero
Long White Hair – among others

in PvP

Mutaatti.2789

So how do you know in your team noone had 1800+ rating? And I suppose you know the enemy team’s MMR too and you are basing your assumptions on that.

Higher tier players also have to be matched with players, you can’t always make teams with 10 players of equal rating.

My guess is that either your team had higher rating players, or the enemy team had multiple lower rating ones. Teams are evened out.

Also people seem to go crazy when they have to play against 1 or 2 higher tier players, you can imprive with that, not by bashing scrubs.

Teams should always be made ~300 rating points of players.

So you are saying matching legendary players against gold players improves those lege players, instead of smashing other lege players? seems legit…

I want to be matched against lege players. Once Im T2 platinum or higher! just like previous seasons rubies would been matched against leges. It isnt fun for anyone!

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

The system just gave you a chance to prove yourself versus ESL player! you should be totally happy! (half-irony, I’d be happy, eu-gold-tier myself).

in PvP

Posted by: Navajas.3147

Navajas.3147

Teams should always be made ~300 rating points of players.

What? Why? If a player with 2k MMR is matched with players of 1400 MRR, how is that not even in terms of teams?

Heroes’ Ascent.. hero
Long White Hair – among others

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

So Silver players that play with Platinum have to play at ESL levels to make it to Gold?

And to your point above this, same thing again….

Matches NEED to be 250-300 rating at most IF they intend on keeping skill rating next season otherwise the season is basically over after placement games.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i made threads about this beginning of season 5 and was largely ignored and dismiss. they keep saying give it time. i know im just a platinum level player, but when the match making system is not working properly (fair match). i gave up on this season but i still play for the loots, i no longer try to be in legendary but instead content in platinum. (did earned 500g just pvping)

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Yeah I’m legit kittening TIRED of playing against top 10 duos with gold and silver in my team, either make ur game good and give NA a real population or just end the servers.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This happens all the time due to duo queue. It means the other top players dont queue because they only duo queue so most sit afk in hotm waiting for their friends to show up so they can farm some rating. As a result every game in plat and above has a good chance of a blow out.

Result = pvp is dying.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

This happens all the time due to duo queue. It means the other top players dont queue because they only duo queue so most sit afk in hotm waiting for their friends to show up so they can farm some rating. As a result every game in plat and above has a good chance of a blow out.

Result = pvp is dying.

I wouldnt say pvp is dying, the NA scene has been in the morgue since before the season started. But EU is hustling and bustling.

in PvP

Mutaatti.2789

Legendary players (even if duoQing) should not EVER get matched against gold or lower level players. period.

in PvP

Posted by: Wankeleh.8259

Wankeleh.8259

Dude stop complaining about legendary players, i would be happy if i could get to play against a legendary player, not only bronz, silver, gold….The only way to improve is to play better players as offten as you can. Sure it might not be fair in some way since they are using lower ranking players or alt acc to get up the leaderboard faster but i would kill if i could play with or against a legendary players.

in PvP

Mutaatti.2789

Dude stop complaining about legendary players, i would be happy if i could get to play against a legendary player, not only bronz, silver, gold….The only way to improve is to play better players as offten as you can. Sure it might not be fair in some way since they are using lower ranking players or alt acc to get up the leaderboard faster but i would kill if i could play with or against a legendary players.

Dude, if you want to play against them, doesn’t mean everyone wants to play against them. I’m talking about common flaw of matchmaking! Ofc it would be nice to play against those legendary players, in UNRANKED. And you can go to 1v1 arena to learn from better players.

All that has nothing to do with ranked and how rating system should work.

And vice versa… most Legendary players dont want gold div players to mess in their matches.

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

The number of Legendary players is little … so when people have to wait until 10 players of >2000 rating are online or queuing -> the que-time explode … or you have every time the same player matchups.

The system tries to create (viable) games for everyone. You get matched with ‘famous’ legendary or against ‘famous’ legendary players. Of course it is not balanced when facing premades, but the problem of the system is not the matchmaking it’s more the Placementmachtes.

I started in mid gold around 1450 … played about 220 games in the gap between 1360 and ~1530. After that i managed to improve my rotation decisions and mesmer mechanics and i started a ~80% winratio till my current rating of 1725.

I recognized that matches get pretty easy after ~1650. Probably there are still a lot average players in platin left that somehow get there and stay caused by legendary duo’s in their team. Almost all my games from 1360 to 1650 were pretty close … 4xx : 500. After entering platin i get more unbalanced games and still wondering how bad some people play their class or rotate.

(edited by wwDefuser.2056)

in PvP

Mutaatti.2789

The number of Legendary players is little … so when people have to wait until 10 players of >2000 rating are online or queuing -> the que-time explode … or you have every time the same player matchups.

The system tries to create (viable) games for everyone. You get matched with ‘famous’ legendary or against ‘famous’ legendary players. Of course it is not balanced when facing premades, but the problem of the system is not the matchmaking it’s more the Placementmachtes.

I started in mid gold around 1450 … played about 220 games in the gap between 1360 and ~1530. After that i managed to improve my rotation decisions and mesmer mechanics and i started a ~80% winratio till my current rating of 1725.

I recognized that matches get pretty easy after ~1650. Probably there are still a lot average players in platin left that somehow get there and stay caused by legendary duo’s in their team. Almost all my games from 1360 to 1650 were pretty close … 4xx : 500. After entering platin i get more unbalanced games and still wondering how bad some people play their class or rotate.

To make it fair, Anet just has to improve matchmaker so that it tries to find balanced teams first, even if that means 15-20 min queue times. That should be fine to anyone who wants matches to be fair.

And stop that duoQ average rating BS. We all saw in season 1 how that ended up…. Now it’s time to improve matchmaking so people dont end up in matches where you have plat, gold, 2 silvers and bronze in same team.

in PvP

Posted by: Kokoro.8437

Kokoro.8437

On the other hand, if it wasn’t legendary players farming gold players, more gold players would move into plat, more plat players would move into legendary, and you’d have more and faster matches even in the top level.

I’m all for having hard-limits on the mmr search expansion.

Maybe a total of 150 MMR either way (up or down) from the median player.

So someone who is rated at 1950, at most the lowest player they can be matched against would be 1650, assuming the median player is 1800.

Miyoshinono, Yama no Akikaze Sayofukete, Furusato Samuku, Koromo Utsu Nari.