Gonna be real with you

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Your game’s pvp is absolute garbage. I have never wanted to pull my hair out over a games pvp as much as I do with this one. I have played pure f2p games that are more balanced then what this game has.

Issues:
1) You have to much spammable CC with no diminishing returns. You have blinds, immobolize, stuns, daze, launched, knockbacks. Ok, you get the point. This should never happen in a pvp game as there are way to many reasons for a player to take their hands off the keyboard. The worst part is there are classes with burst potential who have access to most of these. That is not balanced, there is no high risk high reward set in place with design choices like this.

2) Passive procs. Get rid of these, make the player have to think about what they do, not have things happen for them.

3) Give better build diversity, buff the dead skills, specifically the ones that focus on giving teammates boons and getting rid of there conditions. This game should focus on teamplay, not being selfish 1 man army.

4) Redesign blocks, and what is blocked by terrain. No class should be able to block for more then 3seconds + having access to any form of CC if it exceeds that limit, this is to much control with little risk. Reward players for performing timed Evasions + knowing when to use a their block instead of popping them and procedding to dish damage at the same time.

5) Fix conditions or offer better counter play. They deal damage to quickly and if a team drops their conditions on you its basically game over unless you have cures. But the potential of them being restacked on you is high so theyl be back on you while you suffer long cooldowns for cures. Offer dedicated condition clearing builds for teamplay, a possible solution.

6) Aoe Circles, Lower the radius on them. Dropping circles on a point should not go rewarded. Especially given that a lot of the circles take up the entire conquest zone.

(edited by iKeostuKen.2738)

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Looking at all of your points here. It’s safe for me to say. That you are not looking for GW2 style play. But that of another game.

ANet will not nerf any of these things in GW2. If anything ANet will only do as it has been doing. By buffing them instead, to make GW2 more inviting to, the players of the other MMORPGs on the market where they couldn’t make their way in. Because of grind, skillful play, balanced and counter-play. You want to turn GW2 from a super casual MMORPG to a skill-based MMORPG. That just simply will not work with GW2.

Because the community that ANet has groomed at large. Wants nothing to do with skill based play. Or counter play, or anything else that would empower a hardcore gamer over them selves. Hence why the communities voted the way they did in WvW and PvP modes. ANet can’t not make money off of a skill base game, when it’s community has made it blatantly clear they don’t want that for GW2.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Gretzel.6790

Gretzel.6790

GW2 is a hell of a lot more skill-oriented than WoW and the myriad of other kittenty over-rated mmorpgs out there.

Sause: twice glad frost mage.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

@Reaper Alim I really am disappointed to hear that. PvP should always be skill based instead of stack crap on top of a player to win. More reaction play to passive play. Its no surprise the esports they were pushing so hard for over the years didn’t succeed.

@Gretzel Beg to differ. I dont even like WoW but the pvp I’ve seen in the game isn’t as bad as this game in the least.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

GW2 is a hell of a lot more skill-oriented than WoW and the myriad of other kittenty over-rated mmorpgs out there.

Yet you forget about all of the other PvP games on the market. Yet cry when players refuse to be subjected to lose ratings over known afkers and match throwers, here in GW2. I thought to try out to new changes to the match maker system.

After 3 weeks without PvPing in GW2 because of such headaches. Want to know what I was greeted by. A guy for a team mate then not only idled in base for 2 minutes of the match but decided to DC. However it was not enoth for this guy to cost us the game. No. He had to gun for tears by logging back in with a score of 40 to 400, just to cost us our ratings.

That guy turned out to be marked on my list for throwing matches for gold. I even streamed him admitting to doing so, posted him and the others on these forums and on my Youtube channel, and to support. If this was said Paragon or Smite, this guy would have been removed for the ranked league queue, if he even got to kept his account. But however ANet just empowers these types of players.

So how can this community or Dev team expect. PvPers to leave their actual PvP games inorder to subject themselves to this match in and match out. Funny thing was the other team we faced didn’t have a player idling or DCing. And yet we lost ratings as if it was our fault. I actually was reminded today about why this game has very very little if any hope what so ever. You are not going to convince Decent PvPers to play in these types of very hostle conditions.

LoL, DoTA, and CS:GO may be dubbed toxic. However those games in a million years can not devolve into how toxic and non competitive GW2 is currently. Because of that unless you start bribing competitive players to play your game, they will not. And even then it’s not a sure thing that they won’t leave as soon as the money dries up.

Because it’s ok for legit players to be punished by repeat offender trolls, and harassment while they are just trying to enjoy a game that they play. I guess throwing matches and cheating is now regarded by ANet as being legit. However as some as someone bring attention about this people to the community on the forums. ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE AND THE WRATH OF ANET COMES DOWN SHIFT AND BRUTAL. Against the players who are most affected and ignored in game. And again this community expects players to subject themselves to this, and become new members of this mockery to competitive PvP? GG WP ANet you have blatantly gave PvP over to the cheaters.

I expect this post to last no longer then a hour. However the cheater/s will far persist. Laughing and profiting off of other players misery. Again GG WP ANet, this one is on you.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Let’s not compare apples to oranges and stay within the mmorpg genre.

Short and sweet, OP, GW2 pvp may not be your cup of tea. I’ve ended up in the top two divisions each season since s2. Yup, including s2 when DH wasn’t at their best of spots. What I’ve learned is, GW2 is only as hard as you let it be. If you let it get to you then take a break, play Overwatch, or CS or Quake beta then come back hopefully refreshed.

I’m not saying their matchmaking is not a 4 out of 10 quality, or that placements doesn’t need an overhaul, or that War doesn’t need to be removed from God tier, or that passives doesn’t need to be lessened because I’m in agreement. Items like these will always come up and they always needing improvement.

What I’m curious is, how are you dying to stuns, blocks, and red circles on point? Maybe it’s easier for me because I play a Guardian but those items there that you mentioned is not exactly on my top 5 list of items that needs fixing.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

I have never ran a meta build in ranked. When I take a meta build I touch it up a bit to my personal preferences and use that.

Sometimes I go as far as to make archived builds brought back to life. The build in my signature is a mix of the dead boonshare mesmer build and mantra heal which when coupled together is a perfect match for double support.

Theorycrafting is what keeps me going in PvP, especially when my own builds show success. I’m currently in Plat 1, solely relying on my mesmer build.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Rednova.5283

Rednova.5283

I want to point out as someone who has worked in customer service that your first block of text is very off putting. It is one thing to rant but it is very hard to be taken seriously when you come off as frustrated because frustration clouds any real sense. With that said, I’ll try and offer what I can to help.

1) I’m not sure your class but many do have access to stability which counters most cc. If not you can always avoid the stun/daze with an evade or block. Immobilize and blind can be cleared with condi cleanse among other things. Yes it sucks to be caught in an immobilize at the wrong time but you can either clear it or dodge the skill completely.

2) Passive procs are annoying but it’s part of the game that I doubt will go away. Once you figure out the procs tho they’re easy enough to work around.

3) I’ll agree there are many “dead skills” but they’re all unique and although they arent all good enough for PvP they all have some sort of place.

Build diversity is a unique issue because of the introduction of elite specs. Every class has multiple viable builds they can run however logically there will always be meta builds or builds better than others. I said elite specs made this a unique subject because I believe the problem will fix itself when more elite specs come out.

4) Many classes have skill that are unblockable. While there are certain classes that have more access to blocks than others it is easy to get around, just dont burst into their blocks.

5) Conditions can be cleared in many ways or straight out avoided. There is also resistance. I believe there is enough counterplay. Just have to know which condis are worth clearing and when. Another way of clearing them is through light combo fields provided by some classes.

6) Aoe circles on points can be annoying but I dont believe it’s a real issue or atleast not too important of one. Bunker builds dont have too much of a problem with them and as someone who mains thief, just avoid them if you dont have to stand on a point.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

The nonly point in which I agree is the lack of viable builds and variety for most of the classes. Otherwise GW2 is one of the finest MMOs in the market in therms of PvP and combat.

You can moan as you want about the PvP not getting the numbers of LoL, DOTA 2 or Overwatch but those are from diferent generes AND no MMO in the market is having success in terms of the following of their PvP modes.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Your game’s pvp is absolute garbage. I have never wanted to pull my hair out over a games pvp as much as I do with this one. I have played pure f2p games that are more balanced then what this game has.

Issues:
1) You have to much spammable CC with no diminishing returns. You have blinds, immobolize, stuns, daze, launched, knockbacks. Ok, you get the point. This should never happen in a pvp game as there are way to many reasons for a player to take their hands off the keyboard. The worst part is there are classes with burst potential who have access to all of these. That is not balance, there is no high risk high reward set in place.

2) Passive procs. Get rid of these, make the player have to think about what they do, not have things happen for them.

3) Give better build diversity, buff the dead skills, specifically the ones that focus on giving teammates boons and getting rid of there conditions. This game should focus on teamplay, not being selfish hog 1 man army builds.

4) Redesign blocks, and what is blocked by terrain. No class should be blocked for more then 3seconds + having access to any for of CC. Reward them for performing timed Evasion + knowing when to use a block instead.

5) Fix conditions or offer better counter play. They deal damage to quickly and if a team drops their conditions on you its basically game over unless you have cures. But the potential of them being restacked on you is high so theyl be back on you while you suffer long cooldowns for cures. Offer dedicated condition clearing builds for teamplay, a possible solution.

6) Aoe Circles, Lower the radius on them. Dropping circles on a point should not go rewarded. Especially given that a lot of the circles take up the entire conquest zone.

I posted this a long time ago and most of the respond is learn to dodge or evade? yeah good luck on dodging and evading those 4 to 5 AoE circles and CC

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Issues:
1) You have to much spammable CC with no diminishing returns. You have blinds, immobolize, stuns, daze, launched, knockbacks. Ok, you get the point. This should never happen in a pvp game as there are way to many reasons for a player to take their hands off the keyboard. The worst part is there are classes with burst potential who have access to all of these. That is not balance, there is no high risk high reward set in place.

3) Give better build diversity, buff the dead skills, specifically the ones that focus on giving teammates boons and getting rid of there conditions. This game should focus on teamplay, not being selfish hog 1 man army builds.

4) Redesign blocks, and what is blocked by terrain. No class should be blocked for more then 3seconds + having access to any for of CC. Reward them for performing timed Evasion + knowing when to use a block instead.

I posted this a long time ago and most of the respond is learn to dodge or evade? yeah good luck on dodging and evading those 4 to 5 AoE circles and CC

If you’re not standing in the AoE circle then then there’s no need to dodge.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

@Saiyan – Reaper Perma Chill, Mesmer interrupts, Warriors unlimited amount of CC. Jumped on by more then 2 people spamming CCs in aoes and directly on top of a spot which catches me and mostly my team. Stability is basically the only way to stop this stuff but there is more CC going out then stability you can gain to completely negate losing control of your character in a team fight, especially if you get singled out. I play a Mostly on Engineer, currently testing out different builds.

I used to actually love this games PvP for what it was, I spent only half a year in PvE and the rest of my time in PvP since Open Beta. I recently came back from a long break and came back to find out things have no changed for the better, but for the worse. Abilities I always wanted to use like the medkit, not even recieving a decent change. There is also some strange lag that is going on, where abilities are activating on a delay and im actually taking damage before a player is actually supposed to hit me.
Ex: A heartseeker hitting me before the player is out of stealth. I expected that it always hit at the same time the player unstealthed, not way before.

@Abelisk I never ran a meta build either. But i do love the theorycrafting in this game. I wanted to fine idea son how to make abilities work and introduce myself to new roles. I came back in hope that a good engineer support build could be made with a focus of elixirs, med kit and elixir gun.

@Rednova Im frustrated because i expected Anet, over these many years of game design and time, to know how toxic CC is for a PvP scene. They spent so much time focusing on PvP balance and it seems they have learned nothing. Having the mindset that things cant change because their set in motion is bad for gaming. There is always a better way to do something. I’m not saying mines is the best way, but what stands now is bottom of the barrel.

In all honesty, they just need to drop Elite specs. Get rid of the pay wall. Let the expansion expand on other parts of the game, mostly a focus on PvE. Keep introducing new skills to counteract the meta as well as tuning old skills into place. Theres been dead skills for years, this should not be a thing.

While many classes have access to blocks, they shouldnt also have access to destructive power. The more defensive you are, the less offensive you should be. A trade off is needed. This should be the same for CC, the more you have, the weaker you are when it comes to dealing damage.

@Buran I really dont know what to tell you if you believe this game has one of the most finest PvPs. I could care less about FPS games as that is a different genre entirely.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

I want to point out as someone who has worked in customer service that your first block of text is very off putting. It is one thing to rant but it is very hard to be taken seriously when you come off as frustrated because frustration clouds any real sense. With that said, I’ll try and offer what I can to help.

As someone who has worked in customer service for over 10+ years. I call bullkitten.

Stop letting your emotions rule your thought process. Ignore the emotions, look at the facts and use your brain.

I would hate to have you as my CSR when I call/email/chat.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Rednova.5283

Rednova.5283

As someone who has worked in customer service for over 10+ years. I call bullkitten.

Stop letting your emotions rule your thought process. Ignore the emotions, look at the facts and use your brain.

I would hate to have you as my CSR when I call/email/chat.

What do you call bull on? That frustration clouds rational sense? Anyone who has worked in customer service for a week let alone 10+ years can see that people act differently frustrated, its a proven fact that ones thought process is different.

The irony is your only contribution to this thread was to try and call me out when I meant no disrespect to the OP and offered my point of view on the issues he raised. All I meant by my statement was that the way he worded it could have been better, I meant no harm

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

ANets team of professionals are typing furiously to your email right now to hire you

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

iKeostuKen.2738

ANets team of professionals are typing furiously to your email right now to hire you

It was a dream to be on the team when it first released. Now i smile just knowing that this would never happen. Yes I know it was sarcasm.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I agree with most of what OP said, maybe except for number 6.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Gretzel.6790

Gretzel.6790

Yet you forget about all of the other PvP games on the market. Yet cry when players refuse to be subjected to lose ratings over known afkers and match throwers, here in GW2. I thought to try out to new changes to the match maker system.

Well, what are the other pvp games on the market have better pvp than gw2? That still very roughly have resembling gameplay?

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

i agree with op in the sense that if GW2 wants to delve into the Esports scene, these are the issues that the dev’s have to adress

but at the same time to please this community you have to have cheesy bad mechanics that break the game.

anet cant have both

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Right now I tried to get a match after a short break. First thing that happens? The server disconnects me even when my internet is up and running very well. There weren’t even that many players online and the server throws me out? Well there are a few bits on /map chat too, that happened even after I tried to reconnect.
Even at this very moment when I write this message I get randomly thrown out of the game while trying to get back. I am in a dorm right now and my two roommates are playing their online games without any lag spikes or disconnections so I highly doubt that it is on my side.
I wish to know why this happened. Normally I wouldn’t mind but I don’t have that much time as I used to and I thought that I can have at least few matches every now and then.
Of course I lost my rating and I couldn’t do anything about it. However, as long as I still hold current pvp state in a somehow good regard, I am not so sure about other players who also might experience such things.

Attachments:

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Gonna be real with you

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

i agree with op in the sense that if GW2 wants to delve into the Esports scene, these are the issues that the dev’s have to adress

but at the same time to please this community you have to have cheesy bad mechanics that break the game.

anet cant have both

I find this post interesting. I’ve just come from Lion’s Arch ( GW1 version ) where I’ve been leveling a Domination Mesmer.

If the numbers were normalized ( my cane does 9-14 ) I think I’d woop many GW2 players in seconds. To be sure, the cries of “cheese” would be audible all the way up in Seattle. A GW2 player might not notice the hex or realize that they were killing themselves.

The same problem manifests with things like dh pull/trap and condition builds. It’s not that it’s OP it’s that it’s not “enemy bad, hit enemy.”

Players have demanded ease-of-use and screamed for nerfs when class skills required a complex response instead of merely “attack.”

I encourage the devs to keep moving back toward technical systems over ever higher damage and aoe. Also, look at systems that aren’t just reaction time based.

In GW1, even Scale trash are necromancers. You need to be able to respond to nuanced attacks.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl