Good Season, Now dont F up.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

This has been the FIRST season since HOT, that pvp has had any semblance of balance, likely thanks to the addition of 4 stats amulets.
Now i wish i could say that now its all good, but Anet has an ATROCIOUS track record in regards to balance.
Looking at:
-Unplayable Warrior.
-Unplayable Mesmer.
-Swing to OP mesmer.
-Unplayable Condi.
-Swing to OP condi.
so on and so forth.
For Christ sake, do not shake things up for the sake of shaking things up. GW2 Esport is gone, you missed/squandered the opportunity for it, for the love of all that is holy, at least keep PvP an enjoyable experience.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

This, for example, thiefs are out of touch, having a hard time if they forgot what to do for just a sec, they need a buff…. but i wonder if they will sky rocket them

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I’ll take a thief buff when they reduce the amount of evades they have. That goes for every profession. Reduce sustain, buff damage. But actually, nerf both. This game cannot be balanced without damage nerfs and sustain nerfs. Tempest received a healing nerf, which was good because their healing was a bit too high. But they also removed the only amulet that really made them viable, with the exception of Mender’s. Know why Scrappers are OP? Because they do crazy damage, but they can’t actually take a hit. The only reason they seem tanky is because they can avoid damage completely. Same thing goes for Chronomancers, Druids, Revs… and if they can’t constantly stop damage, they just heal through it. Berserkers, Druids again, Revs again, Tempests (they still can but it actually requires real skill now)…

I’m going to keep ranting about this until things change. This isn’t just a L2P issue. I do try to make myself better as best as possible, but I also recognize when kitten is kittened up. And I know when my own favourite professions are OP. I know that Mesmer is OP, I know that Warrior is OP, I know that Druid is OP, and I know that Tempest is OP (if played well).

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

As a main engi, they can nerf scrapper to oblivion all what they want, i will still have condi engi for play with

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I’ll take a thief buff when they reduce the amount of evades they have. That goes for every profession. Reduce sustain, buff damage. But actually, nerf both. This game cannot be balanced without damage nerfs and sustain nerfs. Tempest received a healing nerf, which was good because their healing was a bit too high. But they also removed the only amulet that really made them viable, with the exception of Mender’s. Know why Scrappers are OP? Because they do crazy damage, but they can’t actually take a hit. The only reason they seem tanky is because they can avoid damage completely. Same thing goes for Chronomancers, Druids, Revs… and if they can’t constantly stop damage, they just heal through it. Berserkers, Druids again, Revs again, Tempests (they still can but it actually requires real skill now)…

I’m going to keep ranting about this until things change. This isn’t just a L2P issue. I do try to make myself better as best as possible, but I also recognize when kitten is kittened up. And I know when my own favourite professions are OP. I know that Mesmer is OP, I know that Warrior is OP, I know that Druid is OP, and I know that Tempest is OP (if played well).

In my opinion, only Chronomancer, Berserker, and Druid are over powered at the moment. Tempest needs a small buff in sPvP, however it’s fine in WvW.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

beserker OP? Yeah the only class not in the ESL finals and was played by tarcis and crushed in 1 vs 1 but wasnt very much help else where.

Also i disagree with this thead, the meta was hot garbage.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

balance hmmmm is that why there like 5 DH in both team most of the time? mesmers still double moa. if myself doesnt play ele i say i barely see Ele during my climb and when i do they running FA and dies easily.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

TBF the op is actually right. This season sucked for only two professions: Necromancer and Elementalist.

If there were to be a Tier list it would look something like

Rev
Ranger
Gaurd
Mes
Engi
War
Thief

There would be some A > B > C but C > A scenarios (rps) but essentially they are all really strong right now.

Ele’s and Necro’s are in the dumps. Completely outclassed.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Engi gyro is problem . Ele still has crazy amount condy cleanse. Druid same . Mesmer needs change too.
The main thing has to change is 2> classes in a same team . Imagine 3-4 warriors played by decent player against 2-3 necros or thiefs. The game is lost before start.
Wanna have op classes? Do u have problem to balance them? Split them in game . U take 10 people in a game why should be as i said above?
As i said older posts i still play Support-Bunker-Core Guard. This season u tried to improve the class. I recognize this . But Sanctuary need to block more things DH Use arrow or f1 skills and can pass it.
Major problem is the extreme cc from most classes . Before with energy sigil i could avoid many attacks and use skill when necessary. Now when i got focus aoe cc, aoe dps force me run out of skills and Sanctuary can’t Keep u alive with out keep using skills. What is the purpose of use it then? And i am not talking about stability – teleport skills. DH skills as i said before hammer skills from Rev and etc. U need to rework with some skills for be normal this class. Not many things but a smooth touch

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I agree that major shake ups should not happen for there own sake. S4 matchmaking improved.

The major problem at the moment is class stacking. I am heartily sick of seeing 2-3 DH, necro, ranger and probably another ranger.

Esports is something that really isn’t going to happen. ANET should face that.

Chronomancer is far from OP. Beside that, ANET has a history of periodically making Mesmer extremely weak.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Agreed with the OP. for the love of the six human gods. Don’t kitten up the balance again. It’s not perfect but u can play all classes in ranked and do decent atleast.

I hope by Dwayna that I don’t come to hear kitten like:

‘’After recent buffs to DH. We feel the class is slightly overperforming so we’ve adjusted the class to be more in tune with the rest yadda, yadda’’

>all traps have 1.5 sec cast time
>all traps lose thier ability to daze
>20 percent damage reduction on test of faith.
>Test of faith crossing damage has 2 sec CD
>Purification heals for 20 percent less and no regen boon
>Traps won’t recharge unless they’ve been triggered
>Fragments of faith is not a stunbreak anymore.
> Aegis only heals between each attack blocked

kittenty buffs

>Spirit weapons have 50 percent extra hp and 10 percen cd recharge
>Signets have a 10 percent cd recharge
>5 percent extra damage on ray of judgement

Also don’t forget the obligitary removal of amulets

Menders amulet removed, Palladins amulet removed

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Balance is not bad it is fine except that build diversity has hit an all time low imho

would love to see a comeback from old specs like rifle engi, power war/mes/necro/ele that dont get eaten alive by druid/scrapper/DH/rev but I have no faith in Anet’s ability to restore build diversity at this point without extreme nerfs across the board to everything

balance aside…match making is still a failure even more so than last season. I had to go full premade to avoid the uncarryable potato heads with unplayable builds whom I have no idea how they even made it past ruby. roflstomping mostly duo queues+pugs as a full premade all the way to legend wasnt fun. even encountered a team PZ duo que-ers along the way which didnt help. fair match making…mostly not

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Oslaf Beinir.5842)

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Balance is not bad it is fine except that build diversity has hit an all time low imho

would love to see a comeback from old specs like rifle engi, power war/mes/necro/ele that dont get eaten alive by druid/scrapper/DH/rev but I have no faith in Anet’s ability to restore build diversity at this point without extreme nerfs across the board to everything

balance aside…match making is still a failure even more so than last season. I had to go full premade to avoid the uncarryable potato heads with unplayable builds whom I have no idea how they even made it past ruby. roflstomping mostly duo queues+pugs as a full premade all the way to legend wasnt fun. even encountered a team PZ duo que-ers along the way which didnt help. fair match making…mostly not

i tried condi warrior this season. just couldnt do well. depended too much on landing one attack. so i switched to power and did much much better. i think power is better than condi cause most classes have condi cleanse built into their meta atm.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Also i disagree with this thead, the meta was hot garbage.

+1

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!