Good bye guildwars 2

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: The Draconic Spirit.3056

The Draconic Spirit.3056

I moved away from PvE because in order to achieve anything you need at least 27 hours a day sitting at a chair. PvP is now we’re cancer and AIDS pasients get quarantined. Unbalanced and full of brainded classes. Anet is always saving you money as no monitor is required anymore just standing there and hitting some keys will do the job for these clases. Unless you have a team full of people who indeed have 27 hours a day to play don’t think about playing PvP. You will be matched against pro players and teams and mached with inexperienced PvP players who can access ranked maches after just a few games. Off to play some better PvP games I don’t wanna wait around until it gets fixed. Should have been fixed just as quick as other things have been fixed in the past.

(edited by The Draconic Spirit.3056)

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Can I have your stuff?

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I hear ur frustration.. nothin beats winning 1, losing 1, winning 1, losing 1, etc as a soloq. I’d leave to if I played this game solely for pvp, sadly im pvx :<

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

The Draconic Spirit.3056

Can I have your stuff?

I will be leaving for around a year or so then checking back in.

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I left for over a year, and came back to this.

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Can I have your stuff?

ah he already said that joke..

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: jkough.7316

jkough.7316

Balance of the game was never 100% and it would be unfair to expect it to be, that being said it is quite poor at the moment and will remain that way for a while because as much as I want to love arena net they take forever to fix pvp and when they do its not in very constructive ways honestly. So you don’t need to sink time into the game to play at a high skill level, just play one of those classes/builds that’s super broken and you are fine. Granted even the best players still die from time to time, especially if they are not coordinating with a team so don’t think dying is = to sucking. High tier spvp is 60% teamwork, 30% class/build/comp, 10% skill.

Pancake Boy

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

I moved away from PvE because in order to achieve anything you need at least 27 hours a day sitting at a chair. PvP is now we’re cancer and AIDS pasients get quarantined. Unbalanced and full of brainded classes. Anet is always saving you money as no monitor is required anymore just standing there and hitting some keys will do the job for these clases. Unless you have a team full of people who indeed have 27 hours a day to play don’t think about playing PvP. You will be matched against pro players and teams and mached with inexperienced PvP players who can access ranked maches after just a few games. Off to play some better PvP games I don’t wanna wait around until it gets fixed. Should have been fixed just as quick as other things have been fixed in the past.

Yes, Amber to Ruby is going to come quickly with skill or very slow though grind, but since you’ll never know which tactic the player used to get their it’s worth of prestige is greatly devalued.

How can a player grind it?

• A.) It’s well known players are losing matches to lower MMR. I’ve faced two such teams today I was very suspect of and that was only in an hour of playing. As designed players have incentive to do this at any league division level Emerald and above.
  • B.) Even if you are a mediocre or often bad player, If you play long enough you will get paired with a team either trying to lower their MMR or a team where the other 4 players are strong enough to carry you to a win.
  • Eventually the combination of A & B will consecutively line up to allow a player to lock in each tier needed to obtain Ruby. You may need 200 hours to do it, you may do it in only 500 hours (numbers are arbitrary) luck gets sprinkled into the equation but what is clearly absent is a good scale. A scale that actually ties a league division rank to a players real skill in PvP.

Diamond and Legendary leagues do. ArenaNet is treating the rest of us like children at daycare. Eventually you’ll get your cookie if you repeat what we ask you to often enough.

What adds more insult to it all is the way it’s designed. Players solo queuing in hopes of getting their Legendary piece can grind up to Ruby where they will have successfully obtained 3 of the four pieces needed to forge the precursor, that last piece will require Diamond division which will not come with grind, because you can no longer rely on luck and teams trying to dump MMR to grant you those magical five string victories.

In Ruby you’ll loose those tiers. The only strategy that will get you to Diamond is to form a solid team which, if you solo queued your way to Ruby probably goes against your play style so you’ll finish out the season enraged as you win a pip, loose a pip, win 2 pips, loose 3 pips, etc….

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Duel Magic Toker or any other player at the very top of the GW2 community and I can guarantee you’ll lose. Even if you went bunker mes or condition Mallyx he’d still beat you with a thief or warrior.

“High tier spvp is 30% teamwork, 20% class/build/comp, 50% skill.”

Fixed.

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Balance of the game was never 100% and it would be unfair to expect it to be

another pvp game i used to play had perfectly balanced pvp, it was called Guild Wars
that game even had secondary classes (like you could be a necromancer with warrior skills) but somehow the devs managed to find a perfect balance, if something seemed incredibly hard to kill, there was always a counter,
tanks were tanky, glass cannons were squishy, hybrids did both but neither as good.

that was made by a good group of devs called Anet, i wish they still existed.

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

The Draconic Spirit.3056

Duel Magic Toker or any other player at the very top of the GW2 community and I can guarantee you’ll lose. Even if you went bunker mes or condition Mallyx he’d still beat you with a thief or warrior.

“High tier spvp is 30% teamwork, 20% class/build/comp, 50% skill.”

Fixed.

So it takes these high skilled players to beat a casual player getting carried by their classes? How is that balanced?

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Johneey.2965

Johneey.2965

27 hours a day

lol,btw a day has 24 hours,mindblown.

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Lawrencii.1356

Lawrencii.1356

All of you leaving/quitting the game please consider sending me your gold and items of value I can sell on the TP as I am trying to finish twilight.

Thanks in advance!! :’D

¬ I A Euphy ¬ SoS ¬

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

27 hours a day

obviously you took things too literally to understand the exaggeration

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

PvP is now we’re cancer and AIDS pasients get quarantined..

we’re

should be “where”

patience

should be “patients”

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

bunker bunker bunker bunker bunker bunker bunker bunker bunker passiv proc bunker bunker bunker bunker bunker passiv proc

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

“You’re playing GW2 wrong. You have to get into an “Esports” team. Then you’ll have fun! We promise! (Oh also you have to play an elite spec so buy the HoT Expansion"

-Anet

EDIT: “Also, please come check out our gem store sales” -Anet

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

The Draconic Spirit.3056

27 hours a day

obviously you took things too literally to understand the exaggeration

Duh

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I play my Warrior just to have some fun in pvp and daredevil but i play revenant if i’m serious.

Good bye guildwars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

man every1 knows pvp in gw2 is just a tacked on feature, its not a standalone thing this pvp tournament has clearly shown that

best of luck wherever you end up