Got stuck in a wall. "16 Min Timeout"??

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

What does it mean. Granted, I’ve not experience being stuck in a wall that often, (I think once before). But when I saw “16 minute timeout” I was afraid to log out. What does it mean. It doesn’t say. It could mean anything. Why isn’t there some sort of guide or something in-game that tells you what to do if you get stuck in a wall during a pvp match instead of just relying on your own guesstimation of what “Warning! 16 minute timeout” means?

Attachments:

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

log your character out and then log back in and you’ll be back at the respawn

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

I did, but why does it say “16 minute timeout?”

doesn’t clarify what that means.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I agree with the op. I would rather wait it out and Hope someone kills me than get a guaranteed dishonor. At least you still have a chance at a win if you stay stuck in the wall till someone kills you.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I did, but why does it say “16 minute timeout?”

doesn’t clarify what that means.

you get dishonor for reclogging, you should still be able to get back into the match though.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SplendaDaddy.6980

SplendaDaddy.6980

If you are stuck in a wall etc… Please logout and get back in the game rather than waiting to die. You are causing your team to be 4v5 while you idle stuck in the wall. If you are back in the game within 2 minutes you will not get dishonor. Do a little research on the message and you would understand the message is warning you about dishonor. You get dishonor when you abandon the match for longer than 2 minutes. If it takes you more than 2 minutes to re-login to the match you then you have bigger issues than a 16 minute timeout. Simple solution to an annoying issue. Anet please fix this its annoying to deal with in ranked matches that have clueless players just sitting there waiting to die. As the enemy team I wouldn’t kill the player that sits there. It’s to the enemies advantage to leave you stuck and not able to help your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

It may be faster for you to type /stuck and then not move. After 30 seconds, it should teleport you back to your spawn. If you move or do any other activity, it will cancel the /stuck command and you won’t be able to attempt it again for 2 minutes.

Once it moves you back to spawn, you can’t use the command again for 10 minutes.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Didn’t know about the not moving part. I just thought the command wasnt able to fix the problem for me.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

It may be faster for you to type /stuck and then not move. After 30 seconds, it should teleport you back to your spawn. If you move or do any other activity, it will cancel the /stuck command and you won’t be able to attempt it again for 2 minutes.

Once it moves you back to spawn, you can’t use the command again for 10 minutes.

That’s nice and all, but can we expect a fix anytime soon? I think it’s only caused by revenant downed state knockback, never got stuck vs longbow ranger yet they both work the same way, right? It shouldn’t be too hard to fix it based on that but I’m no expert.

30 seconds timeout for no reason can be enough to throw a game, and that’s only that person reacts instantly. If nobody on the team knows about this it can be minutes. If that happens at least once a day in a ranked season that’s extremely frustrating.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

I actually tried /stuck I just didn’t know about not moving for 30 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Had it happen twice to me with DH’ Spear of Justice and saw it happen to my duoqueue partner yesterday.
That skill seems buggy all over the place, launching you into Space, pulling into walls…
Quite annoying, I think it’s got something to do witch collision data and not so much these skills though.
Happened to me the first time on the scaffolding around Mine node on Forest of Niflhel, then on the staircase to Waterfal from the Graveyard on Foefire and my partner had it on Foefire too but then on the stairs from Graveyard to Quarry…
Pulls seem to fight it out against NASA on slanted slopes on all maps.

Good luck fixing such collision/pathing errors though…

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

That’s nice and all, but can we expect a fix anytime soon? I think it’s only caused by revenant downed state knockback, never got stuck vs longbow ranger yet they both work the same way, right? It shouldn’t be too hard to fix it based on that but I’m no expert.

30 seconds timeout for no reason can be enough to throw a game, and that’s only that person reacts instantly. If nobody on the team knows about this it can be minutes. If that happens at least once a day in a ranked season that’s extremely frustrating.

Most if not all knockbacks do this

in PvP

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

I did /stuck and didnt move for 30 seconds, no effect. Does it also account for if i move my mouse? Does it matter if i get hit? If i have condis on me?

in PvP

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Good question. When I’ve done it myself, I did absolutely nothing. No chat, no moving and no condis were put on me. I’ll ask a programmer to look at the code and tell me on Monday.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Only thing you can do is relog on the same character.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

my last 2 games had me each once in a wall, both times i reloged right away. first time was fast and got into spawn and ran back into a action(completely unbalanced game) the second time it happen in the next game i did the same thing but had a 30 sec ress timer, ensuring that the enemy team got a big lead and then the rest of our team akitten(completely understandable).

this patch had a lot of useless tweaks to the class that made no change to any class but it sure made the combat a lot more frustrating.

i think next patch anet should make it like a challenge for themselves to see how many patch things they can change that will have 0 effect on players. ex. rocket boots get 5% increase damage on initial hit.

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Hey ben nice useless response, how about you fix it? There is guardians in game deliberately trying to get people stuck. Everyone, when you play in khylo, use f1 guardian on anyone in middle while standing behind a wall. Maybe this way something will be done instead of telling people to just use /stuck, but i doubt it, the new victory screen will be worked on instead.

in PvP

Frostball.9108

Good question. When I’ve done it myself, I did absolutely nothing. No chat, no moving and no condis were put on me. I’ll ask a programmer to look at the code and tell me on Monday.

Thanks, problem is i got stuck in one of the pillars at mid in temple. The pillars are fairly small so i kept getting hit from mid point. Anyway couldve relogged and didnt really matter so its fine, just wanted to see if it would work out.

Could you also ask if knockbacks and such also have effect? I guess you ment going over everything but just making sure. Also moving camera, as in left click held down to look around. Im testing some of these myself, will update if i find something out.

Moving camera is fine, boons are fine.

(edited by Frostball.9108)

in PvP

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Was in close match. I downed a revenant, pushed me back and i stuck in wall.
Help arrived, revived and captured point.
Lost match 500-499.
Guess which map ?
Kyhlo.

in PvP

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Thanks, problem is i got stuck in one of the pillars at mid in temple. The pillars are fairly small so i kept getting hit from mid point. Anyway couldve relogged and didnt really matter so its fine, just wanted to see if it would work out.

Could you also ask if knockbacks and such also have effect? I guess you ment going over everything but just making sure. Also moving camera, as in left click held down to look around. Im testing some of these myself, will update if i find something out.

Looks like 3 things will interrupt the /stuck action. Moving, using a skill or getting into combat. Getting stuck in a wall close to point, it’s going to be difficult to avoid getting put into combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Looks like 3 things will interrupt the /stuck action. Moving, using a skill or getting into combat. Getting stuck in a wall close to point, it’s going to be difficult to avoid getting put into combat.

Getting into combat shouldn’t affect this. Currently getting people stuck in walls is used as an exploit, if you hit someone while they’re stuck in a wall then the /stuck command won’t work. My team lost in the AT yesterday because a DH intentionally pulled me into the tower at Kyhlo; if developers aren’t going to fix the collision issue then they can at least make /stuck bulletproof.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Yeah knockback causes this problem too. I accidentally pushed someone into the Keep on Forest yesterday.

in PvP

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

The “/stuck” command does not work for me.

I got stuck in a rock halfway through a match on Niflhel and I couldn’t get out. I logged out and logged back in, but it ported me back into the mists and said the game was currently in session. I couldn’t get back in no matter what I did and lose 19 points for a game my team ultimately won.

This bug is getting really frustrating.

in PvP

Posted by: Drakhar.1389

Drakhar.1389

I’ve gotten stuck two or three times in the past couple weeks because of random pulls/ports. This seems a lot more common recently for some reason, I’ve seen it happen to a few people as well. I’ve gotten it from infiltrator arrow (maybe other thief ports) as well as a dh pulling me. Ended up stuck in a wall in graveyard, as well as the tall rock right next to mine.

I had no idea about the requirements for /stuck to work. Maybe you could actually have a message in game when someone types /stuck that tells them they need to stay still and all that. I’ve sat there and spammed /stuck not knowing how it works. Now, of course, I have just been relogging as soon as it happens. It’s still frustrating that this happens so often and will force you to reload, AND spend 37 seconds dead waiting to respawn.

For someone that doesn’t know how to deal with it, they can be stuck for minutes, scared to log out because dishonor isn’t explained to them either.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Then it’s best to make an exception to the combat rule in PvP. By the knowledge of the /stuck mechanic, all I need to ruin the opposing AT team’s chances is to attempt a pull or push in these spots, hit the person occasionally with an AoE to stop himself from getting unstuck, essentially getting a free win – even in the clutchest of matches.

/stuck could be reworked into something that trumps relogging by bypassing the startup-loading-respawn time. Maybe just instantly kill that person and place him in respawn for 25-30 seconds?

I think it’s not a tall tale to say that with practice, you can intentionally and successfully get people stuck to raise your chances. You don’t need “honor” to win.

I am filled with dread just imagining this in the monthly finals while it is on stream. It will be so painful, devs included, to watch this unfold.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

PvP really needs a proper /gg command to kill yourself anyway. One that obviously doesnt count points, deaths, and maybe even asks teammates to confirm in case of trolling.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in PvP

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

I got stuck like this 3 times already. I lost 2 matches because of this. It’s really irritating.
Once longbow 4 ranger, then F1 guard and lastly revenant downstate 2. I hope for a fix….

But a method which works and is 100% save is to Alt+F4. Start gw2 as quickly as possible and log into the same character. You are gonna be in the match again, dead, so 15s waiting time, but overall you lost probably 60-90s.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I had a guy on Nilfhell stuck and told him about this command and to stop doing anything, and it worked for him.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Enasalin.2871

Enasalin.2871

Had it happen twice to me with DH’ Spear of Justice and saw it happen to my duoqueue partner yesterday.

As if that unblockable and near un-dodgeable CC wasn’t ridiculous enough now it gets you stuck in walls too…

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You can also get yourself stuck by porting too close to the walls at mid in khylo. I lightning flashed myself into the wall at mid and couldn’t get out.

in PvP

Posted by: Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Will this work when we get stuck in walls in WvW? Maybe I just have bad luck, but it seems like at least once a week I blunder into a broken wall just as the circle caps.

Big water, blast, blast, blast.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

As if that unblockable and near un-dodgeable CC wasn’t ridiculous enough now it gets you stuck in walls too…

It has been like this for seasons but all my posts about it were ignored for more than a year now. You can pull players into pillars or under mid platform in the forest for example really easy.

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: huehuehueh.5106

huehuehueh.5106

The stuck command in its current form is pretty laughable for Rangers. Sure you can pet swap but that is no guarantee that you will be able to get out of combat to use the command. Not to mention if both pets are dead and you have a bunch of time left on pet swap. Also depending on the location you are stuck you are often too close to the point and just get continuously nailed by aoe skills.

I see logging out to character screen as currently the only effective option, even then the time out for leaving the match equates to two or more character deaths back to back. In the words of Darek “You killed me twice without killing me”.

I have had countless matches where players are purposely pulling people into walls, duo queue guardians using spear of justice in ranked both focusing on getting just one unsuspecting player into a wall, full 5 man AT teams with all knockback skills equipped. As soon as they get one player its over, the game turns into an easy 4v5 and every second the player in the wall delays by pleading with his teamates on what to do snowballs the final time the player has been eliminated from the field of play.

Even telling newer players to go to character screen and come back brings up a misleading message which causes them to think “oh no I do not want all that dishonor” and delays their entrance back into the game even more because then they argue with their teamates.

I propose allowing the stuck command to be used once every game as an instant command that kills the player in or out of combat and causes them to go through regular respawn time. Players might be cautious about using it for fear of rallying other players. Also disallow downed players from using the command to avoid bleed outs. Include details about this command on the instruction window that pops up every game. If getting stuck occurs again for that same player let them go to the character screen but change the text to reflect “If you are back in under 2 mins then no dishonor” but force them to have the time penalty for leaving the game.

Attached is a screenshot of a Platinum player duo queing as two guardians in ranked bragging about his less than honorable strategy. Blending Platinum matchmaking with lower divisions makes this especially dangerous because most newer players have never encountered the situation of being stuck in a wall. I will be honest this triggers me more than people on your team purposely throwing.

Attachments:

QCP Leader

(edited by huehuehueh.5106)

in PvP

Frostball.9108

Well that doesnt matter so much i guess since you can relog. I think it could be very nice if the text on the warning when relogging was updated a bit? Its a bit too vague so some people end up not wanting to do it because they think theyll get dishonor.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

I have yet to see this work in a match. Either the walls need to get fixed, the stuck command needs to work, or the user interface should allow you to leave and comeback without getting dishonor. Right now the only way to get out of the match and back in reliably without getting dishonor is to end task and then load the game. That is assuming you aren’t playing on a potato.

in PvP

Posted by: Ami.3971

Ami.3971

I just want to add that I got stuck in a column in Skyhammer around point A.
I typed /stuck but nothing happened so I just asked in /say for someone to come and kill me so I could be unstuck

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Plz fix. this is so annoying. I got the /stuck to work, but it is hard to break combat a lot of the time.