Got to pay money to get ranked in this game?

in PvP

Posted by: Bulldozer.5973

Bulldozer.5973

Someone just told me that the only way to get ranked is to pay money in tournaments. Is this true?

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

Absolutely not, there are many ways to get the tickets to play tournaments without paying a cent after buying the game.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

There are paid tournies and free tournies.
If you want qualifying points, which are the only form of ranking atm, you have to win paid tournaments. That means you either need a kitten good premade or a kittenton of time to farm free tournies for paid tourny tickets or money to buy them and some dogged people to play with.

Quite frankly, its a better place to be than having to pay to be ranked, but by kitten small margin.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

I’m only rank 26, have played about 4-6 paid tournaments and am in the possession of 75 Tournament Tickets, without buying a single one… at this rate they will last a long time even if I start to play more Paid than Free Tourneys.

With the Nov15 patch they even added Daily ond Monthly Achievements which award tickets, so you would not run out of them even if you exclusively played Paid Tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Mathiuzz.4760

Mathiuzz.4760

Exactly ,the achievments gives a chance to medicore teams try play paids That was good move. They can atleast imrpove much faster vs good teams than vs bad

in PvP

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Between people leaving the game and the Fractal Fanboys off doing their thing, I can’t even get a party together to play a tournament. So much for the monthly achievement.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

What do you need the tickets for, then? ;-)

in PvP

Posted by: Embershard.7294

Embershard.7294

Same here, It’s impossible to get a good tourney going with everyone trying the new content. Oh well, they’ll be back. I’ve got 30 something tickets right now without spending money on any of them. just do the dailys, win some free tourneys and open some chests. You’ll get them. Just make sure you go in premade or you’ll just be throwing away tickets

Necromancer – Embershard
Guardian – Vindicator Azure
Thief – Labrat Thief