Great Kiting Job Anet (post here if ur happy)

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

i havnt has so much fun on this game. this has been a awesome day great games all day.

you guys did some weird stuff to start the patch but u changed that real fast ty thats what we need big mistakes fixed ASAP.

now after this week is up is it possible to put the 1 team v 1 team paid matchmaking in for good and put ALL 5 MAPS in the rotation. let us have all 5 maps for variety i dont care if some ppl dont like so and so map all 5 is great we should get good at what u guys worked on.

and for the paid 8 full team tournaments can you make those cost 1 ticket and u get 1 qp for winning. we can use that as an advanced playlist. (remember that thing i wanted a long time ago) but please dont take us back to waiting all day for paids.
or just scrach it all together whatever u want to do.

today was a really great job Anet great freaking job.

sincerely
best mes (World)

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Yep this patch is no longer a big disaster. Sure the pvp guys are still screwed compared to the pve guys. But thats isnt the pvp devs fault. Its anet management fault for not giving enough resources to the pvp devs.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

Yep this patch is no longer a big disaster. Sure the pvp guys are still screwed compared to the pve guys. But thats isnt the pvp devs fault. Its anet management fault for not giving enough resources to the pvp devs.

i think the devs was trolling us to start the day off to be funny. but everything is great now. just want to know what ppl want after this week

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

If you’re happy and you know it…get off the forums and play the game!

Speaking of which.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

We’re here and we’re watching the forums. We’ll keep looking for ideas/suggestions.

We have a lot of other stuff planned, but we’re looking forward to the results from this test!!!

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Imo:

Stick to the 1vs1 team rounds.
Add matchmaking/rating.
Winner stays in maybe? Dunno, something like that.
More rewards (mini’s, tonics, etc) in chests.
Glory distribution change to ‘learn’ the right mentality in hotjoin. Also reward bunkers, roamers and the like for their playstyle.
More tickets or gems? Repeatedly losing hurts your ticket supply.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

We’re here and we’re watching the forums. We’ll keep looking for ideas/suggestions.

We have a lot of other stuff planned, but we’re looking forward to the results from this test!!!

i has a lot of stuff planned 2.. the difference to u? i dont has take money for a game where fundamentel things are missing. i dont try to press money out of that group that plays that part of the game and has payed for my game.

and finally i dont say “we make small changes” regarding balancing and dont put it in a fixed cycle.

my biggest suggestion is hire more developers and start bringing that part of the game it was promised before release. after all that fundamental missing things are implementad u can think about stuff to get money throught shop and getting praised. i shall praise u and ur company for very very very very slowly implementation of what should be there on startup? kiding right?

ur actions are the opposite u are saying

and to all that other fanboys.. just throw away authenticity and forget that horrible state of spvp and praise them for what should be there.. are u guys always praise ur boss for ur paycheck after ur work? i guess not.. so why u act like a baby and forget about what should be there, what u payed for and praise them for every tiny bit that goes in that direction? after they reached the state where the game should be u can start praising them for new stuff. get a backbone and come out of that A….. of ANET

hard but true.. fanboys with no will or backbone or even memory make me sick and strips away all my rights cause ppl with that characteristic are in the majority.

(edited by hooma.9642)

in PvP

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

I clicked this thread in hopes of discovering hidden buffs to control skills, yet it was in vain

in PvP

Posted by: Vpulse.2195

Vpulse.2195

I dont know about you Hooma but i prefer this small changes for sPvP in the right direction than months of nothing but PvE Updates….so Yah i would praise them if we are gonna get more updates like this.

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

I agree with the OP except on all maps being included. Raid is a terribly designed map, and balancing underwater combat would take a lot of time work and distract from land balance which is 95% of the game. and 80% of the pvp maps.

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

dang why do i have to have a family i guess i gotta get off for the night. see you guys tomorrow. i see the forums are not poping as much as usuall thats great guess the game is poping this is how it should be.

should i go for a 3 mile regular nightly walk or play GW2 all night?

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

i havnt has so much fun on this game. this has been a awesome day great games all day.

you guys did some weird stuff to start the patch but u changed that real fast ty thats what we need big mistakes fixed ASAP.

now after this week is up is it possible to put the 1 team v 1 team paid matchmaking in for good and put ALL 5 MAPS in the rotation. let us have all 5 maps for variety i dont care if some ppl dont like so and so map all 5 is great we should get good at what u guys worked on.

and for the paid 8 full team tournaments can you make those cost 1 ticket and u get 1 qp for winning. we can use that as an advanced playlist. (remember that thing i wanted a long time ago) but please dont take us back to waiting all day for paids.

sincerely
best mes (World)

Not sure if this is sarcasm or just a bad attempt at a praise.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I’m Super happy about the new paids.. I hope they’re here to stay.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

This question isn’t sarcastic, is all this praise based around quickly popping Paid tourneys? or were there also bug fixes I’m unaware of?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

This question isn’t sarcastic, is all this praise based around quickly popping Paid tourneys? or were there also bug fixes I’m unaware of?

I think its more that 1v1 teams is actually fun.
You don’t need to wait for eight teams to show up.
1 ticket to play, to win 1 ticket to keep playing, is fine.
Fun.
Its quick. Its easy. And I don’t need to be queuing up for randoms in 5v5 hot join.

The changes to kits, bundles, and several trait/bug fixes, while probably not immediately relevant, have probably add some wobble to the meta, or might.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Quick popping paids are great. The fact that they fixed it from 3 to 1 tickets did so much to accomplish this.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Quick popping paids are great. The fact that they fixed it from 3 to 1 tickets did so much to accomplish this.

Indeed, and since I am sitting on a nuclear stockpile’s worth of tickets from the dailies/monthlies, this is a very quick in-and-out structured format. Why didn’t we have this months ago?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

sincerely
best mes (World)

Not sure if this is sarcasm or just a bad attempt at a praise.

not sarcasm at all. i dont know how u can see sarcasm there. if you havnt played yet today you should hop in anvil rock. u will get paid groups all day its freaking awesome.

URTFC.COM

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

im happy they put 1v1 in so paids pop so quickly. and im happy how fast they fixed there mess up. the update started so bad and did a 180 withen 30 min it was awesome. everyone i know is happy.

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I think its more that 1v1 teams is actually fun.
You don’t need to wait for eight teams to show up.
1 ticket to play, to win 1 ticket to keep playing, is fine.
Fun.
Its quick. Its easy. And I don’t need to be queuing up for randoms in 5v5 hot join.

The changes to kits, bundles, and several trait/bug fixes, while probably not immediately relevant, have probably add some wobble to the meta, or might.

I missed the 1 ticket price drop. Good to know. Thanks.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Imo:

Add matchmaking/rating.

Sounds a bit like Tombing

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in PvP

Posted by: webspider.6928

webspider.6928

Imo:

Add matchmaking/rating.
More rewards (mini’s, tonics, etc) in chests.

*Glory distribution change to ‘learn’ the right mentality in hotjoin. Also reward bunkers, roamers and the like for their playstyle.*

More tickets or gems? Repeatedly losing hurts your ticket supply.

Yes bunkers need to be better rewarded for doing there part in a team…. like Accumulating points after holding a point for “x” amount of time.

Hold for 1 min = 1 point
When it becomes neutralized timer resets…

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

so doesnt seem like this brought many people back, just made those still here a little happier, was queued for free tourney this morning for 45 min and no pop :/

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

so doesnt seem like this brought many people back, just made those still here a little happier, was queued for free tourney this morning for 45 min and no pop :/

The reason because this is happening, could be the seperated server-regions between NA and EU. In GW1 there were all put together. So you got all the time matches. Now if you wanna play after 2 am or during the morning you probably get no teams, because there is no ppl from Asia or America that fill this time-space.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

Jonathan Sharp, man we love ya but we keep hearing about these awesome things planned and then we get all hyped about this big patch to come…

This is the third one in a row that has failed to listen to a lot of the communities concerns.

So with all due respect, if you come here and say you are here and listening, could you actually listen?

in PvP

butch.8136

^Again, they never stated anything special about the january patch for pvp. We can QQ after february if that one doesn’t deliver.

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

^Again, they never stated anything special about the january patch for pvp. We can QQ after february if that one doesn’t deliver.

Butch I appreciate you trying to be a white knight for ANet (based off your resent posts) but if you stifle feedback or people questioning the devs than you are doing more harm than good.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Jonathan Sharp, man we love ya but we keep hearing about these awesome things planned and then we get all hyped about this big patch to come…

This is the third one in a row that has failed to listen to a lot of the communities concerns.

So with all due respect, if you come here and say you are here and listening, could you actually listen?

Listen to who? Have you noticed that the forums are often not consistant on what needs to be done. or what the problems are. it takes time and data to figure out what are geniune issues w the game, or problems that are felt by a solid majority of players.
Then correcting that takes time, and coding and has to be intergrated into what exists already in a bug free way, which requires testing.

Honestly the mods on this game respond on the forums more than any other game ive played. So, nothings perfect, but this is most interaction ive ever had with the devs in a game.

@ Johnathan sharp. Honestly a match making system would be ideal. One of the reasons frees are doing well right now , is they are loaded with pugs and more friendly than they have ever been to noobs.

I know a match making system can be tough to impliment. What i present below is not ultimately a viable match making solution. But it might improve the gaming experience of players and be easy to impliment. If its easy and something you guys can do quick and dirty while a more permanent solution is worked on, then fantastic. If its not easy to introduce then of course proceed to the more permanent solution directly.

Free tournies-
ADD up the ranks of the players quing. So 5 rank 10s, would be 50, then put them against the next lowest cumulative ranks. so 74 lets say. So a bunch of r10-12s fighting each other.

Take the two highest cumulative rank teams. And basically group them in the same way. So from top to bottom each team is matched up with the closest cumulative ranked team with a randomizer for the rare tie.
I know its not perfect as it doesnt identiifty premades. And low rank premades will destroy there low rank pugs, and high ranked premades will destroy high ranked pugs.

But thats better than high ranked premades destroying low ranked pugs.
It basically helps the first round alot, the two highest rank teams fighting each other first round. the 3rd and 4th highest ranked teams fighting each other first round. All the way to 7th and 8th highest ranked teams matching up.

This isnt a long term matchmaking solution, its a free tourny adjustment that would be (relatively) easy to code. all they would have to do is have a way to count up the pvp ranks compare and matchmake on that basis. ITs very crude, but it would help, not solve the current problem.

team rank 400 would be really high (team of five 40’s for example). Team rank 330 might be second highest, and they would face off in first round.

It would reduce, not eliminate the amount of bad match ups in free, and its a simple formula till they come up with a proper elo or w/e they have planned.

Making the most difference where its needed, in the first round.

(edited by daydream.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

The reason because this is happening, could be the seperated server-regions between NA and EU. In GW1 there were all put together. So you got all the time matches. Now if you wanna play after 2 am or during the morning you probably get no teams, because there is no ppl from Asia or America that fill this time-space.

sorry but if there arent 40 people in the NA region that want to do free tourney at any hour of the day there are bigger problems. I could get 15v15 port scion match in Rift during any hour and that wasnt even region wide.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

butch.8136

Butch I appreciate you trying to be a white knight for ANet (based off your resent posts) but if you stifle feedback or people questioning the devs than you are doing more harm than good.

Well I’m all for feedback and such. But I’m just stating the fact that for the past 2-3 months there has been multiple threads each week about the fact that they’re not releasing things and such. While I agree that things should have been implemented in release or as soon as possible we can’t change the way how they work and the fact they said their (very soft) deadlines to us, which is febr and march.

Based on the facts: We have to wait for february for the first big patch with a big pvp chunk. If that doesn’t deliver then we can start questioning their priorities again.

I’m not a white knight I’m just defending them until febr/march. That’s what they said and that’s what they promised to contain major pvp updates. For the rest I try to give constructive feedback (imo) which everyone should do.

Again the problem is the amount of silence on the pvp field for the last few months. That silence actually hypes the upcoming patches. So I’m afraid there’ll be a few people dissapointed anyway in february (could be me aswell :p).

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Too slow. Seriously, it takes them 6-7 months to introduce any real changes at all? Far, FAR too slow.

Compare how far a game like League of Legends has gotten in 6 months to where GW2 is at… it’s seriously laughable. I mean I am actually laughing at Arenanet’s efforts here, laughing at the gall of Mr. Sharp that he can actually say he cares in the face of such raw neglect, especially next to the efforts of his competitors.

You get one last chance. That’s it. No more.

in PvP

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Too slow. Seriously, it takes them 6-7 months to introduce any real changes at all? Far, FAR too slow.

Compare how far a game like League of Legends has gotten in 6 months to where GW2 is at… it’s seriously laughable. I mean I am actually laughing at Arenanet’s efforts here, laughing at the gall of Mr. Sharp that he can actually say he cares in the face of such raw neglect, especially next to the efforts of his competitors.

You get one last chance. That’s it. No more.

Sorry to bring reality to you … but LoL is more competitive game. They have a different focus than Gw2. In GW2, they got to handle every little thing in the GW2 universe. And they’ve done a great job at getting updates/content out for those holidays we’ve had.

So dang kittening good job Anet. There’s still issues/problems/bugs, but don’t be so blind to say they do ZERO work when they’ve done so much in MMO standards.

in PvP

Posted by: Prana.8690

Prana.8690

Please please please add new sPVP game modes!

in PvP

Posted by: Plushanubka.7280

Plushanubka.7280

Please please please add new sPVP game modes!

Nah. He saing it since game launch. Wierd that somebody still takes it seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Dismay.4729

Dismay.4729

I have no complaints. Yes, I miss gem payout, but who cares when paids are popping all day! Add map-rotation and we’re golden.

Gurugant (Kaypud Guard)
DismÁy (Ele)
Teeheef (Bad Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Well, i have to say that i enjoy the update as paid tournaments are much quicker to pop. However, on the other side, free tournaments are taking so long to pop that it’s really less fun when you don’t have 4 players to play with…

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think that this update shows how much we need a single-match casual mode. A lot of top players have noted that the temple “paids” are pretty much just free tourney level playing, just with a ticket to enter.

Introduce single match random vs random and the population would explode. After all, if most people doing paids right now are semi-casuals, wouldn’t actually having a semi-casual game mode work even better?

I did a half-dozen paids last night with whatever group I could find. I prefer pugging, so I don’t have a group that I run with consistently. I really enjoyed playing, and actually most of the matches were pretty even—but some of my teammates hadn’t even done a FREE tourney before…:)

tl;dr what we’re seeing right now is that low- to mid- tier players like being able to queue for a single match, not hotjoins. I firmly believe that if you could solo queue paids, 8/10 teams in paids right now would be randoms.

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

I think that this update shows how much we need a single-match casual mode. A lot of top players have noted that the temple “paids” are pretty much just free tourney level playing, just with a ticket to enter.

Introduce single match random vs random and the population would explode. After all, if most people doing paids right now are semi-casuals, wouldn’t actually having a semi-casual game mode work even better?

I did a half-dozen paids last night with whatever group I could find. I prefer pugging, so I don’t have a group that I run with consistently. I really enjoyed playing, and actually most of the matches were pretty even—but some of my teammates hadn’t even done a FREE tourney before…:)

tl;dr what we’re seeing right now is that low- to mid- tier players like being able to queue for a single match, not hotjoins. I firmly believe that if you could solo queue paids, 8/10 teams in paids right now would be randoms.

A casual solo queue… Pretty sure GW2 already has that. The only difference between hotjoins and the temple experiment is that now players are getting skins that were previously (and rightly) reserved for organized paid teams.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

A casual solo queue… Pretty sure GW2 already has that. The only difference between hotjoins and the temple experiment is that now players are getting skins that were previously (and rightly) reserved for organized paid teams.

Actually, the only differences between hotjoins and temple is that

—you don’t switch teams mid match in temple
—you don’t play 2v3 in temple
—you don’t play 8v8 in temple
—everyone begins at the start of the match in temple
—everyone stays until the end of the match in temple
—there are no rank 1s in the same match as rank 50s in temple
—your entire team doesn’t stand in your home point for 10 glory in temple
—there aren’t very many all-glass-cannon teams in temple
—temple is not zerg vs zerg

Hmm. These are the differences between temple and hotjoin that I thought of. I’m not denying that hotjoin is casual and it is solo queue—it’s just not very fun for most casuals/semi casuals. That’s why they’re all doing temple.

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

remember this is a post to say thank you to the devs for doing a great job. there has been so many ppl asking for this im sure a thank you wouldnt be to hard.

so before you say or ask for the next thing you want a ty should be first for getting the last thing u/we asked for.

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Roar…..

Thank you for making a fun game, being good service, and maintaining the forums if things get out of hand etc etc. Overall nothing but good stuff here and can’t wait to see future builds that bring more fun to the game.

That is all ;3

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

see the problem with anet… and guildwars 2… is that they listened to threads like this, instead of threads that gave constructive criticism.

They wrote their game for the players who play for a few months to level, instead of for players that play endgame content, like good dungeons, or pvp, which this game lacks. (the dungeons will get there with polish, but the prioritizing still shows.)