Great pvp players grow up!

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello guys,

first of all I’m no pro, I’m not even close. And I’m not here to judge any1 from a gaming point of view. Any of the competent/famous players would destroy me before I even push a button. My best rating was the 947th place on the old soloq ladder. Hope this is enough self flaming to avoid more.

So if I’m not here to comment anything from a pvp point of view then why did I come at all? Well, here’s the thing: I see most top players being motivated by competitive spirit. They want to be dominant/the best/cool/respected/feared/relied on/etc. And they may or may not have the skill to do that, but these are the things/feelings they long for. Not realizing that only – just like in any other area of life – inner qualities, proper attitude, emotional stability, humbleness and genuine good-will take you far enough to reach your goals.

So it’s really funny to me seeing skillful/top players raging, bltch-fitting, shame-gaming, quitting then returning 3 times then buying an other account, mouth-karate on forums/in-game chat etc… the list is endless. Come on guys! You wanna be on top, yet you behave like underdogs… It’s really fun and pathetic at the same time from an outsider’s point of view.

Just 2 cents from a no-skill old fart…

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

Tsk tsk..you value yourself so little young friend….

PS- They might not be as “great” as you think…

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

Nimrud.5642

Tsk tsk..you value yourself so little young friend….

PS- They might not be as “great” as you think…

Yep maybe they are not that great… but thats not the point here. I just meant ‘if you wanna be a champ, then behave like one’. Childish behaviour diprives them of the very thing they long for.

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

They are acting childish because… you guessed it – they are still children.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

hmmm maybe if you elaborated on the skill level, to be honest when ive played some of the best players of the game they dont say much. There are alot of self proclaimed elite players who talk trash. I usually check them on gw2 score.

If there under 70% win rate i dont usually consider them elite unless they destroy me 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 or in the match score.

in PvP

Posted by: irish.3578

irish.3578

Here is why I actually care about the behavior…

The top end of the ranked scene in general pushes out all of the middle of the road players or anyone not playing the way they think the game should be played. Some players will and have the ability to counter the constant bad behavior or even don’t care… but enough players either do get bothered by the talk or it simply isn’t worth it to them.

Ok so now if you push out the middle tier of people you are left with a pool of people to pick from with a bigger spread in MMR. Now I think, that the hero of these games gets paired with the least experienced player a really high percentage of the time. This seems to be happening more and more lately and I am not sure if anything was changed or its just because the pool has shrunk to almost nothing.

So now you have these games in ranked for a large part of the day that have new people that might not have much knowledge of the ideas of conquest or even how to play or what specs you might want to use. This now further frustrates the top player as one really bad player has a huge impact on the game. It also devolves the games into not caring about the points or playing the game for score anymore.

Right now the only solution it to be nicer and try and encourage the middle class to come back and queue ranked, or lay all your hopes that the expansion is going to bring back, or in, enough talent to keep it fun. So please, just be nice and encouraging regardless of what you feel or think so we can have better games. The other side of it as a community in ranked you can counter the bad behavior with enough people telling the worst offenders to stop. If it becomes looked at as detrimental to the health of ranked I think we would be on the right path.

Me personally, i don’t care about any of it and what I want is good fights and the best level of competition.

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I encounter a warrior in pvp duel room and after he downed me he talk trash just after i said you are good and instead of a thank you he responded with trash talk and i feel like wow i want to punch this guy in real life. and other players that duel him and when he downed them he just feels like his a god in pvp and keep trash talking them.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

hmmm maybe if you elaborated on the skill level, to be honest when ive played some of the best players of the game they dont say much. There are alot of self proclaimed elite players who talk trash. I usually check them on gw2 score.

If there under 70% win rate i dont usually consider them elite unless they destroy me 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 or in the match score.

if only there was some 1v1, 2v2, etc arena style game mode… now there’s a novel idea

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

Asuras, Sylvaris, Humans, Norns, and Charrs all live off drama. They hunger for it.

Their IRL lives is so dull and boring, they must come on the internet and portray their inner ego, increasing kitten, and after awhile they forget who they were before they entered the Pvp scene.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If you’re an enthusiastic noob, may I suggest playing more Turrets? It makes life easier on you, and you REALLY get to see the “pros” rage. Its a wonderful feeling.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Don’t worry about the people that havent figured out that a good attitude is equally as important as skill.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Nimrud.5642

If you’re an enthusiastic noob, may I suggest playing more Turrets? It makes life easier on you, and you REALLY get to see the “pros” rage. Its a wonderful feeling.

Well I’m not totally noobishly noob, just noob. Played something like 700 matches so far. My experience cannot be called vast by any means, but I’m already beyond the moral barrier that would allow me to play turret engie. (And I main a thief from day one…)

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I’ve played well over a thousand and am still not pass the “moral barrier” for such builds. I play to win, this isn’t a courtyard ball. I take cheese and play it high tier and let people douse their flaming with their own tears. Its a perfect balance.

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

AAAAH Yes. The trash talking of those who “think” they are all that and a bag of chips. I just ignore them. I 1v1d a thief with my ranger awhile back, evaded his Backstab, twice, (more by luck than anything) and downed him. As I was stomping him he started calling me a noob and l2p. :P It was rather amsuing.

And more recently we had a pug for unranked. Mesmer IIRC. Started whining about how our guardian was supposed to back him up because he was glass. Our guard was super glass medi, and would have dropped faster then the mesmer. We had a good laugh over that.

But I agree. “Real” pros don’t talk trash, are respectful, and concentrate on the game. Those who are wannabe pro tend to talk the most, and whine about everything.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

AAAAH Yes. The trash talking of those who “think” they are all that and a bag of chips. I just ignore them. I 1v1d a thief with my ranger awhile back, evaded his Backstab, twice, (more by luck than anything) and downed him. As I was stomping him he started calling me a noob and l2p. :P It was rather amsuing.

And more recently we had a pug for unranked. Mesmer IIRC. Started whining about how our guardian was supposed to back him up because he was glass. Our guard was super glass medi, and would have dropped faster then the mesmer. We had a good laugh over that.

But I agree. “Real” pros don’t talk trash, are respectful, and concentrate on the game. Those who are wannabe pro tend to talk the most, and whine about everything.

You’d think that… I don’t really want to name and shame but I know many “top tier” players, several of them complain more than anyone I know, and can be down right toxic… Unless you’re saying they’re not worth jack if they’re toxic in that way. In which case, I’d agree.

in PvP

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I’ve played well over a thousand and am still not pass the “moral barrier” for such builds. I play to win, this isn’t a courtyard ball. I take cheese and play it high tier and let people douse their flaming with their own tears. Its a perfect balance.

This is sort of how I feel about builds. I’m going to ultimately play to have fun, and if that means playing a cheese build sometimes, so be it. If ANet wants to nerf a particular build, I say more power to them. But, until they do, I’m considering the particular build’s continued viability to be at least passive approval of its existence on their part. Besides, every build has its counter.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Most of the time these ragers are actually quite bad, but try to hide that by flaming on others.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

in my experience most ragers are not all that great they spend more time talking than try to win a fight. There are 1 or 2 good players just out to troll people. I think they may be kids irl, teenagers who are trying to get attention maybe, just block them.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

mouth-karate

All I read and got the lawlz

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Don’t worry about the people that havent figured out that a good attitude is equally as important as skill.

Yep. Either be nice or be silent – can’t stand rude chat.

And that’s what “right click → block” is for. My list is getting bigger every day. xD

in PvP

Nimrud.5642

This topic drifted away from its intended course. You guys started to widen the bracket of ‘great players’. Which isnt necessarily a problem as lower tier players should behave too. But the fish stinks from the head. So I addressed this primariliy to those who can somewhat be considered rolemodels (at least in-game). I am not naive enough to try to extend this to the whole community. Maybe even addressing the top players is naivety too. I’m just a fool of love, what do I know… lol

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I brought this up in a less subtle way. More like a #inyourface thing and my post got infracted. Hope this approach works well for you!

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Pretty sure most of them can’t even buy a beer yet! But they can join the army and shoot brown people! #standards

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis