Grenade Barrage Bug

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Is there a bug with Grenade Barrage ?

Cuz i got hit for 10+ grenades every time, basically it’s a one shot skill

It should hit only with 6 grenades but it’s much more.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

If u trait granade, they pierce the target, and hit once again when they explode, hiting twice at point blank range.

Edit: To clarify, each granade can hit up two times, when they phisicaly enter in contact with the target, and when they land and explode (they pierce through target)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

He might have been running static discharge in a zerker/marauder set up, which has a really nasty burst from using a tool belt skills, which grenade barrage includes. If he had kinetic battery up he could have even done it twice.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Its not bugg /texbi

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Probably there is some bug with grenadier trait cuz it should add 1 grenade but are many more greanades (more than 10, basically it hits twice)

And it’s not a double cast with kinetic battery, it’s only a single cast.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

It’s more of an exploit than a bug. Grenades pierce, thus people can take double the amount of damage per an attack. Thus turning what should be 3 hits to 6 and 7 into 14 hits.

It’s making grenades twice as powerful as it should be, as it’s possible for Grenade Barrage against 3 people can trigger hits 42 times.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Please ban every engi exploiting this in competitive pvp.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

It’s super annoying and I hate watching it happen, but your solution is too extreme. Why punish someone for using the tools that ANET has given to them? Who is really at fault here?

Baer

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Do you know the term “exploit” ?
Since you are using this bug to get an unfair advantage over other players it would definitly be a reason to be punished for, if you are using it excessively.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Since you are using this bug to get an unfair advantage over other players it would definitly be a reason to be punished for, if you are using it excessively.

I don’t really play engi, but what I understand from this thread is the fact you just use a trait to get that high damage. How is that an exploit?

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I don’t really play engi, but what I understand from this thread is the fact you just use a trait to get that high damage. How is that an exploit?

If you know it is a bug and use it unfairly then its an exploit but how is anyone going to prove that you knew? No one is going to get banned for using a trait.

Edit: My comment was directed at Entenkommando.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Laraley.7695

If you know it is a bug and use it unfairly then its an exploit but how is anyone going to prove that you knew? No one is going to get banned for using a trait.

That’s not really a player’s issue that there is a bug in the game, though. Is it even a bug? I don’t even know anymore.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

That’s not really a player’s issue that there is a bug in the game, though. Is it even a bug? I don’t even know anymore.

It is a bug. After all, how does anyone take damage from a grenade without an explosion? The damage from piercing shouldn’t be there. Yeah, it’s a bug and people are exploiting it to deal tons of burst damage.

In my opinion grenades shouldn’t pass through people and objects to reach their targets but meh.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Its an exploit I saw it done.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

It is not generally called an ‘exploit’ when it is right after a major patch being introduced. Major patches always have bugs, and this is just one of them. Give it time….it’ll be fixed. Don’t take pvp so darned seriously and enjoy the craziness until then.

And since some of you do take pvp so seriously, might I recommend not doing any ranked matches until this bug gets fixed. (Unless you’re an engi with grenades….lol)

I know, I know…..“Thanks, Capt. Obvious”

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

You can still play against it, the engineers are still very squishy. That said, they are indeed doing twice damage than they should with Grenades and making grenades significantly more powerful in team fights as they deal damage passing through targets. Allowing 3 grenades dealing damage 6, 9, 12 or even 15 times as there is no pierce cap either unlike other piercing skills. Heck, this isn’t even suppose to damage on pierce, how do you get hurt without an explosion?

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Zunami.8560

Zunami.8560

Its a bug and technical anything considered overpowered at the moment that is used to its full extent is an exploit.

Considering the Devs already put out a post pointing out numerous things that they consider OP at the moment. Anyone using anything on that page to its full extent is “knowingly” exploiting. Which would probably be the majority of us.

That said, I wouldn’t have known anything about this bug if I didn’t run into a full premade of zerk engineers immobilizing and using the one skill.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Teon.5168

This is f***ing hilarious!!!!! I am going to get on my engineer tonight and go farm the heck out of somewhere…..lol

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Teon.5168

Its a bug and technical anything considered overpowered at the moment that is used to its full extent is an exploit.

Considering the Devs already put out a post pointing out numerous things that they consider OP at the moment. Anyone using anything on that page to its full extent is “knowingly” exploiting. Which would probably be the majority of us.

That said, I wouldn’t have known anything about this bug if I didn’t run into a full premade of zerk engineers immobilizing and using the one skill.

That being said, this soon after a major patch, they aren’t going to do anything to ‘exploiters’ or ‘buggers’(lol)……they’re just going to try and fix the bug. I would imagine that lots of people aren’t just using this for pvp and wvw……after watching that youtube video, this would be an incredible farmer spec.

And I want piercing grenade arrows for my ranger….

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Because there’s a certain way of gaining the advantage. If u saw the video, u see u need to throw the nades behind the target, which, Engineers normally never do. So they purposely aim behind the target to one-shot.

Thats knowingly exploiting a bug.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Because there’s a certain way of gaining the advantage. If u saw the video, u see u need to throw the nades behind the target, which, Engineers normally never do. So they purposely aim behind the target to one-shot.

I get that, but again, it’s not the players’ fault it’s still in game.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It’s pretty funny and yeah people are exploiting the hell out of it. But hey, anet’s fault.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

An exploit will always be in a game; its the player’s choice to abuse them or not.

It’s like blaming the shopkeeper for you stealing his candy because the candy was there..

It’s player’s choice, really. They can play it fair or be non-competitive and cheat.
Those can be banned for couple of weeks, imo.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Teon.5168

So, Terror…..I assume that everytime you see this done, you’re going to be submitting an exploit report?

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

An exploit will always be in a game; its the player’s choice to abuse them or not.

It’s like blaming the shopkeeper for you stealing his candy because the candy was there..

It’s player’s choice, really. They can play it fair or be non-competitive and cheat.

That is hardly an accurate comparison. There is no reason to ban them. If Anet accidentally buffed Ranger Longbow # 2 to one shot people. Should Rangers just stop playing Longbow until Anet finally gets around to fixing it god knows how long from now? No. Anet messed up a trait. That trait, aside from being bugged, is the best trait for a grenade build. Engineers are playing as they always have, there is no hacking or secret exploit involved. Sure there are many Engineers are taking advantage of it, but it is entirely Anet’s fault, not the Engineer’s.

Point being, they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ban some players just cause you got your feelings hurt in hotjoin.

Gate of Madness

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Teon.5168

That is hardly an accurate comparison. There is no reason to ban them. If Anet accidentally buffed Ranger Longbow # 2 to one shot people. Should Rangers just stop playing Longbow until Anet finally gets around to fixing it god knows how long from now? No. Anet messed up a trait. That trait, aside from being bugged, is the best trait for a grenade build. Engineers are playing as they always have, there is no hacking or secret exploit involved. Sure there are many Engineers are taking advantage of it, but it is entirely Anet’s fault, not the Engineer’s.

Point being, they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ban some players just cause you got your feelings hurt in hotjoin.

+100

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Takes a double damage bug for a power Engi to match the burst of a Mesmer! Oh wellz!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

So, Terror…..I assume that everytime you see this done, you’re going to be submitting an exploit report?

Yes.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Nope. it might be unfair, but that is what Anet gave us. How do we know this is not intended behavior? Engineers have every right to assume that this is what was intended.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

The comparison is accurate enough to make ppl understand.
It is Anet’s fault for making mistakes, ofcourse, duh.

But it’s still players choice if they want to knowingly abuse this exploit (by puprosely aiming BEHIND the target, which engineers normally NEVER do to land their nades).

Ppl come to PvP to have fun, enjoy and/or be competitive. by abusing this, you make casual ppl leave PvP OR reroll to engi and abuse this aswel.

Hurt my feelings in hotjoin.. right.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

But it’s still players choice if they want to knowingly abuse this exploit (by puprosely aiming BEHIND the target, which engineers normally NEVER do to land their nades).

Ppl come to PvP to have fun, enjoy and/or be competitive. by abusing this, you make casual ppl leave PvP OR reroll to engi and abuse this aswel.

And while it may not be honorable of the Engineer to use this trait while it is bugged and it may not be fair, there is still nothing wrong with it according to Anet’s rules. Vise versa, the kid stealing candy is breaking the law. See the difference there?

Just as personal opinion and emotions have no place in a court of law, your feelings of being cheated have no place in determining a ban on another player when they have not broken any rules. Just because you cry really loud, doesn’t mean the world is going to bend over backwards and give you what you THINK you or others deserve. Fact > Opinion. Every time.

Gate of Madness

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

bumping till this gets fixed

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

it sucks getting hit by it, but honestly you SHOULD be able to see the telegraph and dodge. this kinda build completely relies on those nades hitting, and often they just don’t. if you see the engie stealth, just evade like mad or leave the area.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

And while it may not be honorable of the Engineer to use this trait while it is bugged and it may not be fair, there is still nothing wrong with it according to Anet’s rules.

Ehh, now you’re contradicting yourself. “Its not fair but its not against Anets rules”.. How is that even possible?

This is an exploit, simple. Don’t protect the abusers.
Its Anets fault for letting it be there, but it sure as hell the choice of players to (ab)use it. And thats a fact.

Because lets say nobody knows about the exploit, then you wouldnt be exploiting aswel because it takes certain specific actions to make it work (outside using the trait).

Thats a fact, not opinion.
FYI: seems ppl think Engineers used this against me but I have yet to see such a thing against me. Saw it on streams, youtube, spectators, golems in HoTM.. Im not hurt at all.

I want pvp to stay fair and competitive, not a cheatzone or a dicease spreading untill fix.

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

It is an obvious bug.
Using bugs knowingly and to get an unfair advantage over other players is called exploiting.
Exploiting is forbidden.
Simple as that.

A simple ingame example would be: “Why are people getting banned for item duplication? The game allows it so you can do it. I don’t understand why people should get banned for duplicating 1000 legendaries.”

All we wanted was a GvG.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

I’ve been running zerker engi for a loooooong time cos I find cele boring.

And now cos ANet broke made barrage I should either be forced to play some condi cancer or be banned?

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Entenkommando.5208

I’ve been running zerker engi for a loooooong time cos I find cele boring.

And now cos ANet broke made barrage I should either be forced to play some condi cancer or be banned?

If you know that you are abusing a bug it should be in your own interest of fairplay not to use this specs until it is fixed.
You’d also complain if all guards GS2 would suddenly trigger 15x instead of 7×.

Blame ANet. But don’t take other players fun. You could be on the other side as well.

All we wanted was a GvG.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I don’t play engi and I saw the youtube video and it is ridiculous how powerful that is.

That being said, ANET already patched the big patch 3 times and hasn’t even touched this, so until ANET comes out and says that it is not working as intended and fixes it, it is working as intended and how can you blame people for using what is working as intended?

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Takes a double damage bug for a power Engi to match the burst of a Mesmer! Oh wellz!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

gotta side with Vee Wee on this one. every other class is running insane 100-0 builds, this just happens to be ours.

npcs in hotm dodge grenade barrage 50% of the time when you throw it at point blank. perhaps you just need to ‘L2P’ as they say. can’t say for sure nades becoming piercing is a bug with all the stupid high damage around. definitely shouldn’t stop using it considering how hard mesmer etc are hitting.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Wahoo! Bye frands!

gotta side with Vee Wee on this one. every other class is running insane 100-0 builds, this just happens to be ours.

Can you show me any other ONE skill on any class that hits 20K in pvp?

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Wahoo! Bye frands!

you gotta ask a mesmer how they are doing it, I don’t have one to build test

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Wahoo! Bye frands!

From mesmers it’s usually a chain of skills, not one skill hitting this high, though.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

ah then its ok then……

game is so kittened now.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Wahoo! Bye frands!

From mesmers it’s usually a chain of skills, not one skill hitting this high, though.

barrage normally does about 80-90% of the health bar. it’s rare to get a full 100%, and I found a tank mesmer who only took 50% from it. however you do usually need to finish them off if they started off at 100% and you went for a stealth barrage opener. so, it’s normally a 2 skill combo.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Point being, not against the rules, so no ban. Simple as that. Wanna bet gold on it? Come on, ya know you want to.

Anywho, damage across the board is broken. It’s not just the Engineers. So Anet will most likely fix it all at once. Until then, anything goes.

Gate of Madness

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Wahoo! Bye frands!

barrage normally does about 80-90% of the health bar. it’s rare to get a full 100%, and I found a tank mesmer who only took 50% from it. however you do usually need to finish them off if they started off at 100% and you went for a stealth barrage opener. so, it’s normally a 2 skill combo.

Stealth doesn’t do damage so I do not get your point?

I always get one shot by it.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Zunami.8560

Zunami.8560

That being said, this soon after a major patch, they aren’t going to do anything to ‘exploiters’ or ‘buggers’(lol)……they’re just going to try and fix the bug. I would imagine that lots of people aren’t just using this for pvp and wvw……after watching that youtube video, this would be an incredible farmer spec.

And I want piercing grenade arrows for my ranger….

I was killing very quickly in PvE when the patch first hit and I was thinking to myself “Engineers are way too OP now!” Then I went and played some PvP and realized everybody can kill anyone in two hits anyways…

You know its bad when nobody noticed grenades were doing double damage for so long and I bet a lot of people wouldn’t have noticed at all without Grenade Barrage 1 hitting them.

It is awesome in PvE though!

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Hope this BS gets nerfed soon

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

Well that explains the totally sweet 16,900 dmg Grenade Barrage I ate earlier in a match.

Super fun!

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…