Grenade barrage needs to be hotfixed ASAP

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Just had a match against a team that had 4 engis. Guess the only ability they ever used. They literall did nothing else besides zerging around the map using grenade barrage and it actually won them the game because there is just nothing that can withstand that amount of burst – and it’s aoe and covers a whole point too.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Agreed. But it is hilarious to watch them squirm when they fail. Fought an engi in skyhammer who literally tried forever to insta kill me. He used Grenade Barrage from stealth, magnet pulls over panels, overcharge shots near cliffs and failed many many times. Once his insta-kill attempt failed he’d usually just run off the point and hide behind it until something came off cd. He spent the entire game going for insta kills and still ended up losing with the least points out of everyone on the team.

in PvP

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

What map? Were they zerging? What was their rotation schedule? What was your team comp? How did your team split (3/2, 2/2/1, et al)? What mitigating steps did you take (reflects, blocks, invuln, et al)?

So on and so forth…

GB is on a 25s cd. Engis are squishy. I don’t get the salt.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

in PvP

What map? Were they zerging? What was their rotation schedule? What was your team comp? How did your team split (3/2, 2/2/1, et al)? What mitigating steps did you take (reflects, blocks, invuln, et al)?

So on and so forth…

LOL. What we have here is an engineer trying to justify his obviously ultra bugged instakill skill. 25 seconds CD is not only ridiculously low for a utility skill anyway compared to other classes who’s skills are 40-80 seconds CD but the cooldown doesn’t matter when you can instantly kill 3 people with 3 use.

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

So on and so forth…

People are salty because its a bug and seeing an entire team of people getting by just by abusing that bug is annoying. If this is hotjoin(which I’m guessing it was), rotations and team comp probably mean very little as there will be almost no coordination between players, which is part of the reason zerging is a viable strategy once they’ve successfully killed one or two people. Unorganized teams that lose several people very quickly usually just end up taking turns rushing to their death as the other team zergs away. But yeah, 25 seconds on a bugged skill that can instantly take a tanky warrior from full to 20% is still a little short.

in PvP

abclemons.7093

So on and so forth…

LOL. What we have here is an engineer trying to justify his obviously ultra bugged instakill skill. 25 seconds CD is not only ridiculously low for a utility skill anyway compared to other classes who’s skills are 40-80 seconds CD but the cooldown doesn’t matter when you can instantly kill 3 people with 3 use.

Smh. I run guard main in pvp. So… yeah, I can outlast and outheal a burst nade Engi. I’m not squish. My complaints are more about condi burst… condi should be kitten slowly eating away at you.

I do run engi main as a WVW roamer (nade engi). I take GB. I’ll take what the devs give me. It’s great for camp clears, but most roamers are level headed enough to let me waste GB then smash my face.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

What’s amusing is how such a prominent bug (6 grenades =/= 15 grenades) that regular players notice the first 3 minutes of pvping goes unnoticed by an entire team of developers and internal play testers.

What’s more interesting is why the ranger’s call of the wild on pet swap was hot fixed so much sooner than anything else. Priorities seem so scatter brained.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

What’s amusing is how such a prominent bug (6 grenades =/= 15 grenades) that regular players notice the first 3 minutes of pvping goes unnoticed by an entire team of developers and internal play testers.

What’s more interesting is why the ranger’s call of the wild on pet swap was hot fixed so much sooner than anything else. Priorities seem so scatter brained.

Which makes me think this was intended. How can they not notice that a skill one shots everything?

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

For the sake of making everyone mad…
grenade barrage is working as intended.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: Furious.2867

Furious.2867

OP needs to L2P and L2dodge

Owned absolutely OWNED a nades engie on my d/d ele. They lack sustain and are super squishy.

Turret Engie, 13 Nades Engie, MM Necro Hambow, P/P Thief, PU Mesmer
Condi & DPS Ranger, Spirit Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So I just want to point this out.

Anet disabled a trait for guardians because it was working in an unintended fashion..

Guess what hasn’t happened to engineers.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

abclemons.7093

Echo chamber. It’s intended. Get over it. When I run this as engi, I’m running high risk, high reward. I either one shot you or die pretty quickly.

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Seems like a hard code problem. Things like this would never last for a week (even hours). It’s probably more than just switch pierce mode on and off.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Seems like a hard code problem. Things like this would never last for a week (even hours). It’s probably more than just switch pierce mode on and off.

If you switch the trait, the grenades dont pierce.

So they could very well just disable the trait if it’s working like the symbolic avenger.
But they haven’t.

So I’m going to guess this is working as intended.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

So they could very well just disable the trait if it’s working like the symbolic avenger.
But they haven’t.

It’s not intended. They simply didn’t hotfix it because it doesn’t enable record worldboss kill times like the guardian trait did.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

While this is a bug, I believe Engi will need compensation power build-wise, like revert the nerf on mortar pretty much. Right now, burst is so crazy not even slick shoes is viable.

Engi will pretty much be back to hard mode after the bug fix to Grenade Barrage. Like super hard mode.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

i’m seriously start thinking it’s actually intended…ofc maybe, just maybe, a dev’s answer would be nice…you know….some feedback…something…

nvm

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

But they haven’t.

This is not consistent with how ArenaNet handles glitches. If the glitch impacts the game on a large scale, like being PvE-exploitable to the point of farming world bosses like with the guardian trait, then they will hot fix it in a matter of hours. However, this glitch impacts only a very specific portion of the game: sPvP. It’s still a glitch but it doesn’t call for a hot fix at the same speed as the aforementioned.