Guardian Burn damage

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I don’t even know what to say.

I was on my d/d celestial ele which I have no idea how to play, and was 1v1ing a full spirit weapon guardian who did nothing but summon spirits then buff them with his staff. I tried to AOE them down.

Attachments:

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

No words, maybe we should nerf spirit weapons and guard condi builds. I’m sure that will help the imbalance a lot.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

dd ele has literally the most condi clenase in the game and a ton of melee aoe dmg, aka it hard counters burn guard. so l2p.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Yet I still took that much burn damage. ;p

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

832 burn dmg per stack (25 might stack), u be hit 54 times (2 or more player who share virtue of justice active effect)
in short it is a cumulative dmg made from 3+ enemy, it isn’t only the dmg from the guardian’s weapons
l2p and not call every time nerf here nerf there
this is a spirt weapon who i run for fun
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJARWl0ApKoFBxOI8DRh8gkVdLLdp6JBecVOA-TJhAABQ/IAIa/BAuCAiVGAA

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

(edited by Dredd Spirit Caller.4082)

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Nope, as you can see in the screenshot it was ONLY guardian weapons damaging me.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

what i want to say is
u made a 1 vs 1 with a guardian spirit weapon
in that duel u be hit over 54 time and u die
more or less that duel duration is 1m and 30 sec
54+ are the hit the guardian + weapon made when the duel start to ur down
is a cumulative dmg
in short the guardian made 830 burn dmg per hit per second + phisical dmg

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

We’re are now labeled OP!? Finally after two years us condition guardians get some recognition.

WE’RE COMING OUT!!!
#condiguardhype
#I’mpumpedaboutthis

Oh, and the chances of an Ele beating a good Condi Guard 1v1 is slim to non. You might as well be fighting a Condi Engi, Condi Ranger, or other >insert 1v1 class here< build.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I’ve been playing with a build like that recently. Kind of feels like spirit weapons (at least the offensive ones) are seriously underrated.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

That shows nothing but a prolonged battle in which you failed to kill the guardian. Over time that’s the TOTAL amount of burning damage you took, should you prolong the fight longer, obviously the burning damage would even be higher.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

That shows nothing but a prolonged battle in which you failed to kill the guardian. Over time that’s the TOTAL amount of burning damage you took, should you prolong the fight longer, obviously the burning damage would even be higher.

The point is the guardian didn’t do anything besides summon spirits, press staff 4, auto-attack me maybe once or twice and hit F1.

It took absolutely no skill on his part, as all pet specs do, and it’s hilarious these builds exist.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

You don’t have enough experience fighting them – you should itterate on the fight several times THEN if it still feels like you can do nothing its OP or L2P. I suggest kiting the weapons while killing the Hammer then you can attack the Guard – watch out for Shelter and at 25% he may put an 11k Burn on you so have something ready.

But yer kite til Hammer despawns/dies then its easy.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

are u using a classic D/D ele build???
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcMacW4wyBf0AhAB5tmrRBljLXB-TJRHwAFOBAb2fAwDA4YZAA
or another DD build??

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Nope, as you can see in the screenshot it was ONLY guardian weapons damaging me.

You obviously took every hit in the face… definitely a L2P issue because Ele’s shouldn’t take full hits from spirit weapons. Ele’s can kite well with their peels, spirits alone should have only gotten 10 hits on you, if that, before they go bye-bye.

Your mistakes here are quite apparent. Stohp being a punching bad for Guardian’s spirit weapons.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

I was holding a node because I didn’t expect to get solod by a guardian using spirit weapons.

I have no idea how to play d/d celestial ele, so yes, I just thought that screenshot was hilarious.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

Are you really gonna make a whine thread like this whenever you have a bad experience in PvP? This is the third one on the first page of the PvP forum alone.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Are you really gonna make a whine thread like this whenever you have a bad experience in PvP? This is the third one on the first page of the PvP forum alone.

he just want clarification on spirits weapon dmg

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

No whining, just found the damage funny.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I have no idea how to play d/d celestial ele, so yes, I just thought that screenshot was hilarious.

Aside from making me cry, facepalm, and make me feel afraid for the next generation of PVP’ers, what is the point of this thread?

The damage you saw was the cumulative damage taken before your death, and as some people have calculated, that was a fight over a minute (which is long in PvP terms), and you being subpar on a D/D Ele but still being able to tank a node for over a minute is more depressing than you dieing to the Guardian

The build is subpar, you are inexperienced – no need for a thread, or you could do this about literally every skill/condition in the game (Which has been done thousands of times already, because people always feel it is funny or unfair when they see big numbers)

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

There’s a trait to make spirit weapon attacks apply 1s of burning.

It seems like a cheese build and you fell for it. The spirit sword dies pretty fast. The hammer has a decent amount of HP to stay up for a while. It’s best to kill the sword quickly since it has the most physical damage and then just to kite the hammer around while focusing the guardian down.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Guardian was probably laughing so hard he fell off his chair and so you only got hit with the burning.

Thread should have been called ‘worst d/d ele ever to enter spvp shows how utterly useless he is’.

Apart from that, there is no need for this thread at all.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Condi Guardian and Spirit Weapon Guardian are literally two of the worst builds in the game.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Burn guardian isn’t one of the worst builds in the game. Don’t know what you are puffing on chief.

I got rekt on my necro by one because there’s no way to keep the burning off lol.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Condi Guardian and Spirit Weapon Guardian are literally two of the worst builds in the game.

Definitely not condi guardians.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

They are actually some of the strongest 1v1 builds, however they are subpar in group situations, which is why you don’t see them too often.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

dd ele has literally the most condi clenase in the game and a ton of melee aoe dmg, aka it hard counters burn guard. so l2p.

Technically speaking a condi survival ranger has far more condi removal than your dd ele and more condi application than any ele build.

- Emphatic bond+signet of renewal = 4 condi cleansed every 10s
-Survival of the fittest + 3 survival skills= 6 condi cleansed every 20-40s

A guardian considering consecration skills and other traits still possess more condi removal than any ele build, an average med guardian still has a reasonable access to condi removal respect to an ele fully speccing in defense and taking max condi removal( 3 condi removed every 10s if using a dodge + 4 condi cleansed every 40s and other 2 removed every 75-80s)

That max condi removal wasn’t even close to be enough when dhuumfire was around, where hiding burning behind a wall of condi was unstoppable, so yeah by far ele does not possess the biggest condi removal in the game, just one of the most accessible

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhMMacW4wyBd0AhAB5tmrRBlrLXB-TJxHwACuAA+2fAwDAoYZAA
bunker staff is the most anti condition build
either renewal remove 8 conditions every 15 sec
cleansing fire remove 3 conditions every 40 sec (traited 32sec + 1 cond on regend)
cantrip remove condition if traited (1 condition on regen)
water staff #5 remove a condition (f traited for regen remove an additional condition)
on water attunement if traited for regen remove a condition
on dodge on water attunement if traited cast “cleansing wave” and remove a condition
o:O if u want a clean call a ele staf traited XD
over 40 sec this ele can remove from himself more or less 15 conditions

i want this clean up on my engy XD

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

I tried that spec once when conditions were completely out of control like a year ago and still died to conditions.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

I don’t even know what to say.

I was on my d/d celestial ele which I have no idea how to play, and was 1v1ing a full spirit weapon guardian who did nothing but summon spirits then buff them with his staff. I tried to AOE them down.

A d/d cele ele complaining about something….

Ain’t Nobody Got Time for This!

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

(edited by Wintersnight.3061)

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

First OP should not create a topic about that class is over powered, only because he don’t have experience in the class he was playing.

Spirit weapon guardian its not good, easy to counter.

Condition guardian its good in 1vs1. After you know how to kite the Renewed Focus with Krait it will be easy to fight.
BUT Condition guards in Conquest are so bad!
After the first engage you don’t have more sustain for battles and you don’t have stability for stomps, condition cleaning, cleave or support.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

So you fought a burning-based build for over a minute and are complaining it did burning damage. Sounds reasonable.

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Some aoe in any group fight and the spirit weapons die in a few seconds. Unlike minions they have a duration. So even if you don’t kill them they will disapear from 1 fight to other.

As a d/d ele you probably would be able to outheal the guardian dmg or kill him faster than he can kill you.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I was on my d/d celestial ele which I have no idea how to play

This is where this post should have stopped

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

I was on my d/d celestial ele which I have no idea how to play

This is where this post should have stopped

+1 hahahah

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Spirit Weapons are very Viable and is very well balanced as a utility style. You have Conditions, good Damage, Crowd control, Healing, Condition Cleanse, Stun Break, Aegis, Vuln, Projectile defense. Yes you might get better in one of those categories in a different build with different utilities but you can’t buff them all. The only real issue with spirits is not losing them quickly (so not really a team fight build) Decent in anything up to a 3v3. and the fact that you HAVE to know what to do when you don’t have them up, Enough sustain to last until you can summon them again.

Also the fun thing with the current meta is that no one runs them which means no one has a kitten clue how to fight them. Personally I like Killing Necro’s with it

Guardian Burn damage

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

this is what i hate in Guild wars 2 community everytime someone in game lose to someone they will come here and ask for nerf instead of using their brains sorry if i’m bitter but i’m just telling the truth and my main is a warrior so don’t think i’m bias.