Guardian Renew Focus

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

The title speaks for itself. I Wanted to know how players were able to deal with the paradox this skill itself represents.
Given the condi spam meta play at the moment I would like a serious, non trolling answer, of why this skills which makes you “Invulnerable” while channeling allows you to die due to condis placed on you beforehand while channeling.

I know the guardian has a lot of inconsistencies in terms of useless traits, useless weapons, useless running speed, useless hp pool but it’s not the issue here. Just refer to the elite skill.

Ty for reading.

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

canceling it resetting virtues would be an awesome change

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

That skill is so broken (now) instictival you use it to escape of reset your virtues but now you end chanel you die due to the condition that were accumulated on you and the ,,Superior Rune of Lyssa’’ doesn’t help you much because of the amount of conditions can easily put back on

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

aye

Bullet Punch

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There’s no legitimate cancel function in the game so, it might as well reset virtues instantly on activation.

While we’re at it, F2 should cleanse/heal instantly too.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Booms.3952

There’s no legitimate cancel function in the game so, it might as well reset virtues instantly on activation.

F3 will be getting a change on stab I’m pretty sure. I doubt they’ll do the f2 thing. I think escape/stow are pretty legitimate in pvp though. Just because half the clueless pvers don’t know about it doesn’t make it unintended.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

F3 will be getting a change on stab I’m pretty sure. I doubt they’ll do the f2 thing. I think escape/stow are pretty legitimate in pvp though. Just because half the clueless pvers don’t know about it doesn’t make it unintended.

It’s completely unintended, that’s the thing. For example, the community developed Dueling servers themselves and Anet took the credit as if that was the plan from the get-go.

There’s absolutely no references to suggest Anet made Stow as a “cancel” button. It’s another thing the community (players) made for themselves to play better and labeled it as such.

My point is, Stow will not work for what you’re asking; there’s not a code to read that “Stow” or “Cancel” item for it to trigger an ability. They would have to make the coding function for the Stow key press, then make coding to catch which skill Stow is canceling, then coding for each ability (or specific abilities) for the new “cancel” function to work on, then make another set of codes to tie the two pieces together.

We know how realistic it takes for Anet to implement something. This is too much of a resource constraint to implement for just one class like DH. There’s not enough intensive to stretch this among the other classes.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Guardian Renew Focus

in PvP

Booms.3952

It’s completely unintended, that’s the thing. For example, the community developed Dueling servers themselves and Anet took the credit as if that was the plan from the get-go.

There’s absolutely no references to suggest Anet made Stow as a “cancel” button. It’s another thing the community (players) made for themselves to play better and labeled it as such.

My point is, Stow will not work for what you’re asking; there’s not a code to read that “Stow” or “Cancel” item for it to trigger an ability. They would have to make the coding function for the Stow key press, then make coding to catch which skill Stow is canceling, then coding for each ability (or specific abilities) for the new “cancel” function to work on, then make another set of codes to tie the two pieces together.

We know how realistic it takes for Anet to implement something. This is too much of a resource constraint to implement for just one class like DH. There’s not enough intensive to stretch this among the other classes.

dude that’s just not true. the code is not that complicated.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay