Guardian is the new Warrior in tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’m not the one to usually complain on the forums (until just recently lol sorry), but warriors have always been known as the weapon masters. Weapon masters I feel should have a little versatility, but has anyone noticed guardians have a lot more build variation? I’m not slamming on guardians or saying they’re OP or anything, but here’s my short perspective:

Burning builds, power builds (dragon hunter), bunker builds (AH guard), really think about that. In all categories, what does warrior or berserker do better than any of these?

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Guardian has always been the warrior of the game, even the old medi hammer ex meta build still is better than any current offensive warrior build, I love warrior but sometimes there is no choice then to reroll.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Anet really loves the guardian probably even more than they love engi. So guards are just always going to be amazing at everything lol. Burn guard damage is ridiculous right now btw.

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Remember the cele meta? Guard was the new warrior back then too. If you have tried bunk guard atm its not as effective with all these sustain builds. Warrior (should) do better sustained burst and Condi builds, however the devs are not focusing on buffing beserker, and have decided to Nerf instead. I hope that’s all the nerfs that the want to use for right now and start buffing warr. My goal is for warr and guard to be interchangeable as dps. Reve outclasses guard in boons support, sustain, and dps so bunk guard is useless now with this Herald bullkitten, Also druid outclasses bunk guard by 100%. Druid can take 3v1s and can win 1v1s. As a guardian main, I would love to see Beserker buffs, and Daredevil buffs, maybe fix a little of tempest too. Then all builds could compete. We are the closest to “balance” as we’ve gotten. In this game, all builds having the same effectiveness is mostly impossible, however we are so close to all class specializations
being able to play pvp without knowing that you are so usless compared to other specs. Like before. Ranger, Necro, were usless. Now all we have to do is buff warrior and daredevil. Maybe tempest but I’ve seen some great tempest builds when I was in a game with Rom and tage. The tempest ran some Condi tanky. The new Condi am my maybe. I don’t know but it was very good

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

RIP Warrior – We shall never forget how you’ve served us through the years with 100blades, hambow, shoutbow and rampage. Maybe in another lifetime, it will be our turn to toss you our banner.

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

Guardian has always been the warrior of the game, even the old medi hammer ex meta build still is better than any current offensive warrior build, I love warrior but sometimes there is no choice then to reroll.

That is correct, I think the difference is that warrior were so versatile they stayed relevant. DPS guardians have mostly been favored over Warrior and I’m ok with that, but we had shoutbow, hambow, all sorts of bows (lol). My point is that regardless of role, warriors always found a way do something better. Now it seems like whatever they try they’re outclassed.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

kitten pimlsey. I almost cried. lmao. I envisioned my NG throwing a banner to a downed charrior. Idk why I associate warriors to charr. And then he and I murdered all the DH and revenants.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

In all honesty i play both and guardian is not that grate, the real problem is that since the traits patch, warrior has sucked, bad.
It has next to no sustain and is completely dependent on double invul cd to achieve anything.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

In all honesty i play both and guardian is not that grate, the real problem is that since the traits patch, warrior has sucked, bad.
It has next to no sustain and is completely dependent on double invul cd to achieve anything.

That is very true, the reason I compare them to guardians is because it is another way of highlighting what is wrong with the class. Remember when mesmers were thief bait? Anet did an excellent job not only making mesmers good, but versatile in builds.

Warriors are so shoehorned into taking defense and disipline it is not only extremely predictable, but shows how the “weapon master” is not even good ad it’s job, being outclassed by guardian in just about every role. If you want warriors to be greatsword wielding bruisers that’s great, but for the love of god, give them something to make them worthwhile. Why should I take a gs warrior on my team over a mesmer, guardian or thief that has argueably more recovery, versatility and team support?

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Anet really loves the guardian probably even more than they love engi. So guards are just always going to be amazing at everything lol. Burn guard damage is ridiculous right now btw.

Man, this is bs. Guardian has probably been the least changed class since launch. Anet has been notorious for saying guardian is in a good spot, so no changes.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

DrDivine.5378

Man, this is bs. Guardian has probably been the least changed class since launch. Anet has been notorious for saying guardian is in a good spot, so no changes.

Yeah, other than AH being meta, meditation wasn’t really a thing until mid last year. This thread is not to berate guardians because they deserve to have versatility too, my point is that warriors are “weapon masters” and are supposed to be super versatile to compensate for their simpler mechanics.

Why is a mesmer, a light class, better at bunkering than a heavy warrior? Why is a guardian a better fighter than a warrior? Why would I want to bring a warrior when there are just plain better options?