Guardian on every team

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

So, recently I hear loads and loads of QQ about necro and warrior, which is somewhat deserved. But, watching MLG… every single team has a guardian. I think it has been like this for a while, but doesn’t this point to the fact that guardian is a necessity?

I like the guardian class and I don’t think it needs to be nerfed, but it seems like it would be nice if people were able to create a good team comp without one. It gets rather boring always seeing two guardians fighting at mid and basically acting as boon and condition removal bots.

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

The dps output in this game is way too high, so there comes naturally a counter with it. And to be honest I rather face a guardian bunkering than a ranger with evade spam.

The point why guardian is preferred over other bunker-classes is “Stand your Ground”. As no other class can provide 6 seconds of stability to the whole team on a30 (24) sec cool-down.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

guard is op as kitten, but noone cares since it doesn´t hurt

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Fella Feller.4936

Fella Feller.4936

I like the guardian class and I don’t think it needs to be nerfed, but it seems like it would be nice if people were able to create a good team comp without one. It gets rather boring always seeing two guardians fighting at mid and basically acting as boon and condition removal bots.

Agreed, this has been the elephant in the room since launch. More classes being able to fill the mid point bunker role would be great.

The Tally family of Desolation-
Victor(Ranger), Astral(Ele), Martial(Warrior), Erroneous(Mes), Ticker(Engi), Ravin(Thief)
with special guests Hematophagia(Necro) and Grace Burns(Guardian)

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Sireph.2581

Sireph.2581

Guardians like StunningStyles and the Guard on [PRO] last night weren’t running the standard bunker guard build. I liked their experimentation with different classes in different roles, especially Olrun’s bunker warrior and it was refreshing to see the guardian class in a sort of damage dealing/support capacity.

Authorized Shout Caster | MLG Guild Wars 2 Caster
http://Twitter.com/MLGSireph | http://twitch.tv/Sireph | http://youtube.com/sirephsc

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Arachnid.4062

Guardians like StunningStyles and the Guard on [PRO] last night weren’t running the standard bunker guard build. I liked their experimentation with different classes in different roles, especially Olrun’s bunker warrior and it was refreshing to see the guardian class in a sort of damage dealing/support capacity.

Oh, it’s true that there were guardians with different builds. However it’s also true that every single team had a guardian contesting mid for the majority of each game.

Basically, I’d like to see guardians offensive capabilities buffed slightly, but lots more group support traits and utilities added to other classes. I think that would give us more variety in team composition. It becomes pretty clear that when every single team is running one class, that class has gone beyond ‘a strong option’ to kind of a necessity for high level play.

Also, although we did see different builds, I would guess that every guardian was running shouts and the ‘shouts remove one condition for you and your teammates’ trait as well.

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

guard is op as kitten, but noone cares since it doesn´t hurt

This. Its op in terms of team support, but it doesn’t hurt. Why can’t we have all classes like this?

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Guardian is definitely overpowered, just doesn’t hurt like someone said. Point guard is probably the simplest role in the game as well.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

lol no matters how many times we say guard has been the most ridicolous OP proff in the game from the start, nobody will care and nothing will be done to it since " THIVZ and MESMA TOO MUCH DAMS, PLZ NERF".

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Well, mesmers are still most ridiculous thing in this game, i won’t say if they are op or not though. (;

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

you want to nerf the class that was design for the support role….. the stupidity I come across on this forums never stops to amaze me.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Arachnid.4062

Did I say anything about nerfing?

I think that guardian’s support is ok, I just also think that other classes should be able to give out the same type of support, and right now the only one that comes close is spirit ranger lol

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

The dps output in this game is way too high, so there comes naturally a counter with it. And to be honest I rather face a guardian bunkering than a ranger with evade spam.

The point why guardian is preferred over other bunker-classes is “Stand your Ground”. As no other class can provide 6 seconds of stability to the whole team on a30 (24) sec cool-down.

Bingo. !!!!!

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Guardian on every team

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

I think that guardian’s support is ok, I just also think that other classes should be able to give out the same type of support, and right now the only one that comes close is spirit ranger lol

Lol, spirit rangers give a lot of support, they can rez a full down team, and they do a crap load of dmg. They have perma burning and evades. If you ask me that kitten is more op than a guardian. Because the guardian can’t kill you, all he can do is survive, support teammates with boons and condi clears. He can still be shut down by necros, S/D thiefs etc..

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

Lol, spirit rangers give a lot of support, they can rez a full down team, and they do a crap load of dmg. They have perma burning and evades. If you ask me that kitten is more op than a guardian. Because the guardian can’t kill you, all he can do is survive, support teammates with boons and condi clears. He can still be shut down by necros, S/D thiefs etc..

I think you’re missing the point. The OP wasn’t complaining about Guardians and how OP they are (or how they need to be nerfed), but he was stating that it’d be nice if there were more class options that filled support/bunker roles like Guardian so that a bit more creativity in compositions (regarding class variety) would be prevalent.

#ELEtism

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Spirit rangers were on every team, too.

It’s interesting people consider necromancer and warrior S-tier when necromancer wasn’t on the winning team and warrior wasn’t on every team.

Still, like the OP, I attribute the persistence of guardians and even spirit rangers more on the game’s lack of diversity of bunkers than either build being truly overpowered. They just need to bring up staff elementalist and bunker engineer and we would get a lot more bunker diversity, just like we see with DPS today.

Guardian on every team

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

I think you’re missing the point. The OP wasn’t complaining about Guardians and how OP they are (or how they need to be nerfed), but he was stating that it’d be nice if there were more class options that filled support/bunker roles like Guardian so that a bit more creativity in compositions (regarding class variety) would be prevalent.

They said they were going to buff other professions for support, but I don’t see how they will ever take guardians role, because the guardian was made for support. The guardian will always be better for support than any other class.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Guardian on every team

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Guardian is always needed because of stability. Strongest buff in the game in group fights those without it skill being near equal will always lose to those with it.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET