Guardians are so balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Brack.6172

Brack.6172

Is that even normal, aNet?
When we hop in the match first thing we check is how many guardians enemy has. If two or more it goes “crap, no chance”.
I roll power ranger (which is rare since druid is almost as OP as guardians) and I pay for my damage with my vuulnerability.
Guardians pay nothing for their damage as well as the defence.

You say you always ask for fun when developing.
Where’s fun in that?

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Why so frustrated? Maybe you need some advice in killing DH/not being killed by DH?

Mind that writing anything in balance topic on forums usually don’t bring attention on devs. Also after WTS is easy to expect that Anet will Buff DH (Nobody wining use this class in pro-league, class has hard time from more versatile and better designed specs in higher divsions)

…and you play power ranger…hmm ever heard of class counters?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Brack.6172

My wits and landscape using allow me to beat almost anyone. Even dodgebots at times.
It’s just a little (a freaking lot actually) unfair that there are specs which provide even headless chicken with an upper hand in combat.

in PvP

Brack.6172

I also recall the year ago situation with engineers.
Where are they now?
Proves the OP-spec existence.
Not OP anymore – gone.

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

My wits and landscape using allow me to beat almost anyone. Even dodgebots at times.
It’s just a little (a freaking lot actually) unfair that there are specs which provide even headless chicken with an upper hand in combat.

these headless chicken die in few seconds after team focus in diamond+ there is nothing impressive in DH besides it’s dps that is avoidable if you know yours/his mechanics – that’s all

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Brack.6172

My whine is mostly about fair 1v1

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

So you argue about 1v1 with power ranger…you should read about any 1v1 of eles. thiefs, necros…

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

When we hop in the match first thing we check is how many guardians enemy has. If two or more it goes “crap, no chance”.
I roll power ranger (which is rare since druid is almost as OP as guardians) and I pay for my damage with my vuulnerability.

Where’s fun in that?

Totally agree, good example of risk/reward as well. Most of the meta HoT specs are pretty OP though.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

First time I played DH in pvp I 1-shot a ranger in my first fight pressing all the keys randomly after using Judge intervention. Realized how it is not worth playing elementalist anymore in pvp.

First time I played Warrior in pvp I won a 1v2 using rampage. Realized yet again how worthless my elementalist elite skills were.

First time I played Revenant in WvW I realized could hit elementalists for 17k pressing a single key on a 3 second cooldown.

My point is: Yes guardians are OP in pvp because (1) they are just too strong and (2) the map design always have these super small circles.

But before balancing the DH only Anet has to look again at everything else, specialy the advantages of heavy and light classes. So many things are unfairly balanced, specially cooldowns and cast time. Like Dragon tooth! How the hell are you supposed to hit someone with that skill? It could well do 100k damage it’s so kittening slow nobody is ever going to stand under by the time it hits. Why did the light classes lost their damage or speed advantages when they are the ones taking the risk?

It’s where Anet failed to balance their game and why it’s such a mess today. Heavy classes just totally dominate some light classes. They do as much damage and have nearly twice the hp and armor.

Of course it all has to do with the elite profession design. Making a light class a bunker class is just a recipe for failure. The same goes with giving infinite dodges to a class that has stealth, giving powerful range weapons and insta-kill traps to heavy classes, etc. All the elite classes basically turn the meta upside down without regards to their basic stats and mechanics.

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Symbolic is strong the bad medi traps just die.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I want to see how OP DH is when you add both Merc amulet and Cleric amulet back to SPVP.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Sznurek.8791

Sznurek.8791

>Implying DH is OP and the same time when no one is meta is using it because it’s to weak
>Playing power ranger and thinking it should be great 1v1
Play a DH on higher leagues and you will know their problems(if they go more into survival they lose a lot of burst damage and when they take trap only build they second easiest to kill class in the game also both can’t stand longer battles) can’t say a lot about symbolic never played it. Also my main Pvp character isn’t DH(just to make it clear). DH is just a class which is easy to play but there is not a lot of place of progress and improvement with it.
And yes HoT classes are all OP and meta and right now it’s just a fact so playing ranger when druid is the class you should play if you want to be great is another mistake(druid easily wins DH 1v1).
And before you say I should be able to play my classes whatever way I want and it should be always great no it should not it’s impossible to balance and to make each class unique but devs should try to make every weapon and combination viable in different scenarios and I think they try to do it. Looking at ranger sword and dagger useful in pvp. main hand Axe pve. Raids axe sword/axe raids fractals dungeons longbow also if you go power if you need condi shortbow. Warhorn again pve for some swiftness(but right now after druid trait for faster moving it’s not that useful). Torch and great sword could be in better place(arguably axe mainhand also) but they try to balance it.
edit minor text fixes

(edited by Sznurek.8791)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

My whine is mostly about fair 1v1

I roll power ranger (which is rare since druid is almost as OP as guardians)

If your complaints are regarding 1v1, you should never lose to a DH if you’re rolling a Druid… if you are then you’re doing something very wrong.

Feel free to hit me in game if you want dueling practices.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I can’t kill Dragonhunters on my tank-thief. Clearly this means Dragonhunters are OP.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I can’t kill Dragonhunters on my tank-thief. Clearly this means Dragonhunters are OP.

Lol speaking of thief… take the meta D/P build, replace dagger with pistol and change Dash to Bounding Dodger and you have a winner. No DH is prepared for PP right now and because of easy stealth access from P5 + Bound you have enough sustain to get past their blocks, even F3. And no need to step through their traps.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

>uses power rng
>complains he can’t beat dh in 1vs1

Are you for real?

Dh isn’t trump , it’s hillary because apparently everything is its fault. I blame dh for clueless rngs.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

its so OP that every team in the world championships ran a DH and it was the sole cause of TCG winning the title

…wait no that didn’t happen.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Hendrix.9763

Hendrix.9763

these headless chicken die in few seconds after team focus in diamond+ there is nothing impressive in DH besides it’s dps that is avoidable if you know yours/his mechanics – that’s all

I’m in upper diamond, soon to be legendary atm. This is not true at all. Guards are still the most predominant class around. I see minimum 2 a game on each team.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Lol speaking of thief… take the meta D/P build, replace dagger with pistol and change Dash to Bounding Dodger and you have a winner. No DH is prepared for PP right now and because of easy stealth access from P5 + Bound you have enough sustain to get past their blocks, even F3. And no need to step through their traps.

… and get killed by everything else in match. Grats.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

How do you get killed playing PP? Maybe you should practice a little more. It has inferior DPS to DP but better survivability due to being outside the range of more than 50% of skills, and you get more stealth than a Dash thief. Unless you’re picking 1v1s with everybody (in which case switch to warr) then you’ll fine.

Picking PP is dumb against 1 guardian but makes more sense if the other team is DH stacking. You beat them at skirmishing and still have better mobility.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

How do you get killed playing PP? Maybe you should practice a little more. It has inferior DPS to DP but better survivability due to being outside the range of more than 50% of skills, and you get more stealth than a Dash thief. Unless you’re picking 1v1s with everybody (in which case switch to warr) then you’ll fine.

Picking PP is dumb against 1 guardian but makes more sense if the other team is DH stacking. You beat them at skirmishing and still have better mobility.

Is this a joke? Every time i see enemy pp thief, i farm them 24/7 in match – easy win.

I don’t play PP, it is useless once you start fighting half decent players.

Maybe you should practice a but more and get to decent rating instead of farming noobs in HJ.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Is this a joke? Every time i see enemy pp thief, i farm them 24/7 in match – easy win.

Maybe you should l2p and get to decent rating instead of farming noobs in HJ.

Cynz, you should probably take a deep breath. If you think people should not play thief versus DH-stacked teams, just say so. But DP is not viable, as it fails against any decent DH bunker, and fails hard when doing +1 in mid (big part of a thief’s job). Too much CC and direct damage from multiple DH. Melee thief vs. DH is not a good idea, staff and DP are equally unviable.

If you have a suggestion about how people should play thief versus DH-stacked team, please feel free to offer it at any time. Because right now it’s a problem on search of a solution. And tbh nobody cares about your anecdotal evidence of “farming” PP thieves, how about you show us you actually know something?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Maybe you should l2p and get to decent rating instead of farming noobs in HJ.

Cynz, you should probably take a deep breath. If you think people should not play thief versus DH-stacked teams, just say so. But DP is not viable, as it fails against any decent DH bunker, and fails hard when doing +1 in mid (big part of a thief’s job). Too much CC and direct damage from multiple DH. Melee thief vs. DH is not a good idea, staff and DP are equally unviable.

If you have a suggestion about how people should play thief versus DH-stacked team, please feel free to offer it at any time. Because right now it’s a problem on search of a solution. And tbh nobody cares about your anecdotal evidence of “farming” PP thieves, how about you show us you actually know something?

Solution: ask Anet to either nerf DHs or remove class stacking.

Once again, PP works only vs noobs. Even stacked DH team of half decent players won’t die to that because they would know how to focus.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Pp thf eats up dhs who carry no shield or sword. So it works on hammer/lb medi trapper and full trapper.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pp thf eats up dhs who carry no shield or sword. So it works on hammer/lb medi trapper and full trapper.

pretty much that, when play againt thief, on pvp or wvw im forced to swap staff for sword/focus mace/shield combo.

Since i tend not to use traps… well they know im a free bag, Anet made DH relly to much on traps… imo, since i play with shouts i have really a hard time, sicne i dont get that trap damage.

But that is the issue that Anet has, gimmicks over good gameplay. :\

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

Where’s fun in that?

If you bother to watch pro league where meta gaming is created , you ll see DH’s are very rare. Comparing to top tier classes (reve/scraper/reaper/druid) DH’s needs a boost tbh….i understand why DH’s can be hard to counter in small MMR games but that dont makes the class OP..actually DH is FAR from OP

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Where’s fun in that?

If you bother to watch pro league where meta gaming is created , you ll see DH’s are very rare. Comparing to top tier classes (reve/scraper/reaper/druid) DH’s needs a boost tbh….i understand why DH’s can be hard to counter in small MMR games but that dont makes the class OP..actually DH is FAR from OP

WTS also have no class stacking rule….

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

Where’s fun in that?

WTS also have no class stacking rule….

I agree to that…dont know if is possible but if it is we should have same thing for ranked solo que (even if i doubt it is possible to happen)

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

>Implying DH is OP and the same time when no one is meta is using it because it’s to weak
>Playing power ranger and thinking it should be great 1v1
Play a DH on higher leagues and you will know their problems(if they go more into survival they lose a lot of burst damage and when they take trap only build they second easiest to kill class in the game also both can’t stand longer battles) can’t say a lot about symbolic never played it. Also my main Pvp character isn’t DH(just to make it clear). DH is just a class which is easy to play but there is not a lot of place of progress and improvement with it.
And yes HoT classes are all OP and meta and right now it’s just a fact so playing ranger when druid is the class you should play if you want to be great is another mistake(druid easily wins DH 1v1).
And before you say I should be able to play my classes whatever way I want and it should be always great no it should not it’s impossible to balance and to make each class unique but devs should try to make every weapon and combination viable in different scenarios and I think they try to do it. Looking at ranger sword and dagger useful in pvp. main hand Axe pve. Raids axe sword/axe raids fractals dungeons longbow also if you go power if you need condi shortbow. Warhorn again pve for some swiftness(but right now after druid trait for faster moving it’s not that useful). Torch and great sword could be in better place(arguably axe mainhand also) but they try to balance it.
edit minor text fixes

its funny because its not true. there were dh’s in ESL the highest you can get. and it has a meta build. guess you missed that also.last i checked diamond was still stacked with 4 dh’s

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

only kitten ran a DH in the world championships, and he’s a strictly guardian main. every other team didn’t use a DH once.

in fact, thief saw more usage than DH.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

only kitten ran a DH in the world championships, and he’s a strictly guardian main. every other team didn’t use a DH once.

in fact, thief saw more usage than DH.

and warrior wasnt there at all.you cant base balance around the top tier pvp. otherwise necro and ele would be getting nerfed(1 on every team) and warrior would be getting buffed. i dont play ele at all and even i know they need a buff. and warrior is selka fine.

im bad at sarcasm