Guide: How to win Solo Q by Zoose

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Hey friends. I spent a good bit of time writing this 4 part guide, and I might expand further into a video possibly, but for now this guide can be read by anyone playing any class at any level in the game.

Just thought I’d try to put content out there to help all the PvP lovers of GW2!

https://teampz.com/guides

Thanks for reading and share with anyone you might know it’ll help!

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Thanks Yung one!

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

How to win:

Don’t complain about the 3 enemy Reapers. Instead, learn Scrapper, Tempest, Reaper.

In other words, adapt to the enemy comp. Adapting is so difficult for most players unfortunately though.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

How to win:

Don’t complain about the 3 enemy Reapers. Instead, learn Scrapper, Tempest, Reaper.

In other words, adapt to the enemy comp. Adapting is so difficult for most players unfortunately though.

Except reaper is hard counter for scrapper unless the reaper is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

How to win:

Except reaper is hard counter for scrapper unless the reaper is bad.

Reaper also hard countered Tempest. 1v1, a decent meta Reaper will always win a decent meta Tempest. Tempest shines much better as a healbot in teamfight though

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Zoose.1640

Thanks Yung one!

Thanks pal

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hey friends. I spent a good bit of time writing this 4 part guide, and I might expand further into a video possibly, but for now this guide can be read by anyone playing any class at any level in the game.

Just thought I’d try to put content out there to help all the PvP lovers of GW2!

Why are you merch super freaking expensive?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i like the guide bit there is a lot more details which untold to try to expand it as there are lot of new players around …

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nice work. Now only if the people who need to read it will. I’ve read it all, thanks for the class brake down, very informative.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Zoose.1640

Because we’re just starting and Redbubble charges too much T_T, we’ll work on it dw

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

good deal man. another 5v50 all ele team vid coming soon?
haha if only, if only.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

GJ, hope this elevates the play on the mode. For me, I swap between my Reaper, Rev, Dragon Hunter, and Tempest. Sometimes it helps, other times it’s just not enough to carry.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

That C- tier
rip
Must try even harder.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Good post. Would be good to have more like it.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Because we’re just starting and Redbubble charges too much T_T, we’ll work on it dw

Did you guys design all those stuff?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Yukiatsuruko.3784

Yukiatsuruko.3784

I love the map strategies posts. I’ve been PvPing a ton the last two seasons, and I still don’t know all the intricacies of each map.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.

in PvP

Zoose.1640

That C- tier
rip
Must try even harder.

Must…become…viable!

@Stickerhappy, not necessarily, only a few of them I think, but we’ll need to really put in some work to design some things that will actually look neat with the colors + logo.

Also, thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I’m glad it helps.

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Is this backwards?

– Dazes wreck your life which is why Thief counters Druid

in PvP

Zoose.1640

Is this backwards?

– Dazes wreck your life which is why Thief counters Druid

It isn’t. Thieves have near instant cast time dazes whereas druids have cast time for a lot of their important spells.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

Zoose,

I love how your only listed “C-Tier” Class is Warrior lmao

Got a good laugh out of that one

in PvP

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Thief certainly can kill Druids but definitely isn’t a counter
If the ranger pops stab and doesn’t stupidly attack into headshot spam when it’s off cd it’s a easy matchup.(you can even use your pet as los to avoid headshot spam)
This obviously pertains to 1v1 scenarios,but maybe you were talking now about its ability to +1 a Druid which is very strong due to the meanders amulet they wear..

in PvP

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

How do I win ranked games when:
Whole team goes through portal to defend close vs 2 enemies leaving me alone vs 3, enemy snowballs and wins.
Elementalist thinks his main role is DPS and leaves teamfights to 1v1 and decap.
Enemy has 2 points and my team insists on fighting offpoint.
Every single equal fight my team loses within seconds.
Losing 370-460 on foefire, enemy has 2 caps, we have 1. Their door is open. Literally the only chance at winning is going lord. I call lord and few teammates start arguing that if we go for lord we will lose our only node. ….
Most losses are complete steamrolls with no more than 100 points on our team, some even 500-0.
This is diamond tier 6-7 and even early legend.

Someone make a guide how to win those games and I’d never lose.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Elementalist thinks his main role is DPS and leaves teamfights to 1v1 and decap.

But if it only occurs to the elementalist to help his teammate (not just by offering additional DPS but chill and healing combo fields as well) then he’ll likely do that. As far as decapping goes if teammates are throwing themselves 1v1 at mid while the other node is empty of course the ele is gonna decap it. At worst it’ll deflect some enemy firepower from mid to retake the point.

Enemy has 2 points and my team insists on fighting offpoint.

Sometimes the offpoint fight finds you though. How can you fight on a point when someone attacks you on a lane and you have no way of disengaging?

Losing 370-460 on foefire, enemy has 2 caps, we have 1.

Their door is open. Literally the only chance at winning is going lord.

The problem with Foefire in a nutshell, and it’s one of the better maps sadly.

Most losses are complete steamrolls with no more than 100 points on our team, some even 500-0.
This is diamond tier 6-7 and even early legend.

I’m trapped in T5 sapphire. Seeing a bearbow ranger with greatsword tipped off how far my MMR has sunk. Even in season 1 I’d mostly be paired with smokeskelk/bristleback rangers. We had two eles leave mid and scatter everywhere after winning mid. It’s like they’re going to respawn and steamroll their home at any moment so please stick to mid and home for now.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No.

This is how:

1. Equip a broken build everyone knows is broken, but won’t admit it because they exploit the broken build and know they will lose without it.
2. Get lucky with matchmaking. That is, get more people with broken builds than the enemy team.
3. Get to points, stack and spam. It doesn’t matter what skills you use. You can just mash buttons with your elbows. It will work.

That is all.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

No.

This is how:

1. Equip a broken build everyone knows is broken, but won’t admit it because they exploit the broken build and know they will lose without it.
2. Get lucky with matchmaking. That is, get more people with broken builds than the enemy team.
3. Get to points, stack and spam. It doesn’t matter what skills you use. You can just mash buttons with your elbows. It will work.

That is all.

Thats exactly how 99% of the people I get matched with play, and is exactly why I loose most matches.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No.

This is how:

That is all.

Thats exactly how 99% of the people I get matched with play, and is exactly why I loose most matches.

Then you have to choose. Play like that too, or keep losing.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Zoose.1640

Zoose,

It’s 2012 all over again

in PvP

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

When you say DPS do you include ability to burst someone down? Because if thats the case I dont agree with this:

DPS

S-Tier: revenant, mesmer
A-Tier: necromancer, thief
B-Tier: dragonhunter, warrior

I’ve men plenty of Dragonhunters who literally melt me in seconds regardless of my class from range and melee via traps etc. While Necros/Reapers while strong over time cant really burst kill me regardless of my class. Sure, a pure berserk power Reaper can potentially land a 10k+ crit gravedigger and finish you off with a 8k crit exec scythe but in the current state of the pvp game very few people stand around for gravedigger to land. Reapers dont have a reliable lock-burst combo ergo they cant reliably burst ergo I dont think they have better overall damage than dragonhunters

Also this is interesting:

" Necromancer

– Good vs. Literally every class in a 1v1, great AoE in team fight, busted class right now
– Bad vs. focus fire due to low stability access and few escapes
– Excels in 1v1 and 2v2 situations, can also team fight well due to AoE
– Have to use good positioning, make a wrong step and you’ll likely go down"

From your short necro summary I gather the class is potentially very strong and at the same time potentially very weak due to “one wrong step” and bye bye. So doesnt that mean the class is actually not as low skill as many have claimed and the really strong necros out there are actually really skilled players?

(edited by pepsis.5384)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Sure, a pure berserk power Reaper can potentially land a 10k+ crit gravedigger and finish you off with a 8k crit exec scythe but in the current state of the pvp game very few people stand around for gravedigger to land.

Please don’t use Necro GS.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

pepsis.5384

Sure, a pure berserk power Reaper can potentially land a 10k+ crit gravedigger and finish you off with a 8k crit exec scythe but in the current state of the pvp game very few people stand around for gravedigger to land.

Please don’t use Necro GS.

But I really want to. No joke. Im one of those people with a vision for their character. Not exactly a true roleplayer who acts and speaks as if he is his character. But still, my vision for the reaper revolves around the greatsword, heck its the only reason I rolled a necro in the first place. So if I cant play my chosen weapon or build Im more likely to skip a game mode ( in this case pvp ) than to force myself into the condi scepter meta bs.

(edited by pepsis.5384)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Gravedigger has not only a graphic HUGE warmup… you can even hear it clearly above all game effect sounds. Its one of the worst skills Ive ever seen.
Might look nice on paper, but that huge swing and loud noise just scream for someone to dodge it…. quite literally tbh.
The only reason you can kill people with it atm, is that nobody expects it.

The only good thing is the spreading blind pool, especially if you combine it with whirling finisher and bloodmagic. But thats for pve, and you can get a well for that also and take a “real” weapon like dagger/X instead of gs.

Sorry, but necro gs ranges somewhere below axe :/

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Praise Zoose!

This is actually a very worthwhile read for a majority of SPvPers.

….Actually if this starts making my games harder because the enemy learned some things I am blaming you :P

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

pepsis.5384

Gravedigger has not only a graphic HUGE warmup… you can even hear it clearly above all game effect sounds. Its one of the worst skills Ive ever seen.
Might look nice on paper, but that huge swing and loud noise just scream for someone to dodge it…. quite literally tbh.
The only reason you can kill people with it atm, is that nobody expects it.

The only good thing is the spreading blind pool, especially if you combine it with whirling finisher and bloodmagic. But thats for pve, and you can get a well for that also and take a “real” weapon like dagger/X instead of gs.

Sorry, but necro gs ranges somewhere below axe :/

You’re right. Even in the rare cases when I actually downed people with the GS it was mostly because I was playing with folks even greener than myself.

Thats the reality and I dont like it

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Zoose,

It’s 2012 all over again

Remember when frenzy, bulls charge, stability,100blades would basically do like 10k damage?

Attachments:

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Remember when frenzy, bulls charge, stability,100blades would basically do like 10k damage?

100 longbows?!?!
but yeah i get the reference, some lols here.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

But if it only occurs to the elementalist to help his teammate (not just by offering additional DPS but chill and healing combo fields as well) then he’ll likely do that. As far as decapping goes if teammates are throwing themselves 1v1 at mid while the other node is empty of course the ele is gonna decap it. At worst it’ll deflect some enemy firepower from mid to retake the point.

I wasn’t expecting a reply to any of my points tbh :P The only reason I mentioned these things is because they actually cost the game. Like the ‘DPS’ ele, it was a full blown teamfight at mid, not enemies throwing themselves 1by1 into mid. I recognize idiotic decisions almost immediately, people make them way too often, makes games uncarriable, despite what people say.
When matches are completely one-sided then it doesn’t matter if you’d swap me out for a complete beginner or a pro player, outcome would be the same.
It frustrates me how little control I have over the outcome.
There are some games where I can see the players are equally skilled and the match is close (even if the score doesn’t show that sometimes), but I can see they are competent players trying their hardest. Those are the games where what I do matters, what calls and plays I make, losing a single teamfight or letting a point get decapped can decide a game. Unfortunately that’s like 5% of my games, rest are complete steamrolls.